Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2015, 06:33 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,751,467 times

Advertisements

Hey, Brat, check this out.......2 Old Farts Handyman Service

Old 04-23-2015, 09:03 AM

8,091 posts, read 15,422,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
I have a 'honey do' list a mile long
If you sit down to rest, your eyes will start wandering and adding things to that List.
If you sit down to watch TV, your eyes will start wandering and adding things to that List.
If you sit down to eat, your eyes will start wandering and adding things to that List.

Lesson learned ... don't sit down

Old 04-23-2015, 12:10 PM

30,471 posts, read 16,182,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
If you sit down to rest, your eyes will start wandering and adding things to that List.
If you sit down to watch TV, your eyes will start wandering and adding things to that List.
If you sit down to eat, your eyes will start wandering and adding things to that List.

or keep your eyes closed?

Old 04-23-2015, 12:20 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,959,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post

Yep, I'm sitting here taking a rest, reviewing the renovations to-do/cost list, now down to only two pages , when I realize I haven't accounted for certain tasks and costs. Both only go up.

Old 04-23-2015, 12:27 PM

You can make those lists easier by prioritizing tasks. Do first, do second, do last. Or easiest first, tougher next.

Old 04-23-2015, 12:38 PM

4,536 posts, read 3,749,193 times
We'll be heading back up to NY in a few weeks, my list has been going for a while and items being checked off. It's all about giving me enough time to get things done and it's a great time to recycle things that seem to collect all by themselves.

We finally took the plunge and have a new primary doctor here. I have been surprised at the quality of medical care here, it has been great, yeah, my snobby NE side coming out. I had succumbed to the belief that everything in the NE is described with superlatives: the best, the greatest..... In my defense it did take 30 years to indoctrinate me.

So along with all things on the to do list, we are making up for putting off recommended tests and have colonoscopies scheduled as the last hurdle.

Old 04-23-2015, 01:17 PM

Jean, I must be psychic, I was just thinking a few hours ago 'I bet jean is getting ready to come up for the season.' I swear it, it was around two o'clock!

Yeah, we know where all the good docs are; NYC or FL, LOL!

Old 04-23-2015, 02:57 PM

4,536 posts, read 3,749,193 times
We put off coming back as long as we can and we'll return in early September. We need to move here permanently and sell the NY place, but are dragging our feet. We claimed primary residence here this year and dropped our STAR and picked up FL's homestead, so that will help push us along.

DH was on a plane from Atlanta to Sarasota today. A woman across the aisle was coming from upstate NY and she told him they had snow on the ground this morning. It is still April though.

We've had several weeks of mid 80's already, so I hope for at least the overnight temps to warm up a bit before we get back.
< ---- major wuss these days

Old 04-23-2015, 03:02 PM

LOL it's been 32F in the morning all week. We had snow showers all day today. The winds are howling. It has to be warmer down near Tarrytown, though, but not by much. It never went over 40F here today, in Norwalk (CT) the high was 48F.

Old 04-23-2015, 03:14 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,898,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyhockGarden View Post
AZDesertBrat -- It is good to hear you sounding so chipper and enjoying your new home. I know you have gone through a lot these last few months and it is great that you seem to be sailing into some smooth waters for a while. Did you end up moving far from your mom's place? It sounds like you are still up in Camp Verde, and still working at the same Walmart? We are down in the Phoenix area and we know that the hot summer will be coming soon. But right now it is spring and all the flowers are blooming, so I am happy!
I love my new home. It's a LOT more space than my other place was but it feels 'just right', to me. I had HOPED I was "sailing into some smooth waters..." but it hasn't exactly been that way. I am looking forward to getting my home back to myself and THEN it'll be "smooth waters" again. lol

So many projects I want to do. The floors are getting done, and look great, but now I'm getting reallllly picky about people's shoes and feet! lol And with a yard that's nothing but dirt??? Yikes! Lots of foot wiping things around here.

I moved just a mile and a half from my mom's house. I live in Cottonwood, not Camp Verde, and yes, still at the same Walmart. Only one in the Verde Valley.

I was born in Phoenix and, honestly, I try to stay away from there. It's too big, too many people, too much traffic...just too much.

I love Spring all over AZ, except for the wind. I'll even take rain and thunderstorms over wind, but then I do really love our Monsoons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.