U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-02-2015, 08:34 PM
 
30,448 posts, read 35,696,178 times
Reputation: 12538

Advertisements

We have a considerable need for rain here and my garden is saying water dude tomorrow on the assigned day. The weather report was for a decent chance of storms. I looked at the prediction by the hour and at 8 tonight it was still 40% and then 0% at nine and there after. So no rain no rain but still clouds. Sitting on the deck from about 8 until 9 tonight I watched the clouds start to go away and stars begin to appear. By 8:50 as if on cue it was a starry night and I am sure the weather folks were saying yes. They really are getting pretty good these days. Easier to predict here then other places.

 
Old 09-02-2015, 09:27 PM
 
Location: Central NY
5,175 posts, read 3,570,882 times
Reputation: 13784
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
We have a considerable need for rain here and my garden is saying water dude tomorrow on the assigned day. The weather report was for a decent chance of storms. I looked at the prediction by the hour and at 8 tonight it was still 40% and then 0% at nine and there after. So no rain no rain but still clouds. Sitting on the deck from about 8 until 9 tonight I watched the clouds start to go away and stars begin to appear. By 8:50 as if on cue it was a starry night and I am sure the weather folks were saying yes. They really are getting pretty good these days. Easier to predict here then other places.

Where is your location?
 
Old 09-02-2015, 09:35 PM
 
Location: SW MO
23,604 posts, read 32,111,659 times
Reputation: 29125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Sorry to hear that. Cats are nice pets.

I usually wake up around 4 AM because I "gotta go" ... if you know what I mean.

Sometimes I sleep the whole night through without having to wake up, but more often than not a trip to bathroom is necessary. Some of the guys in my Thursday Men's 55+ group say I'm lucky because they complain about having to get up 2, 3 or more times a night.

I don't know if it's the same with women, but we guys have a prostate gland and with age it sometimes prevents us from completely emptying our bladder when we do go.
I've had an enlarged prostate (family genetic curse) for which I've taken meds for about 10 years. However, I might be awakened once a night - not always - and if it's before 6:00 a.m. I simply go back to bed and back to sleep.
 
Old 09-03-2015, 09:44 AM
 
30,448 posts, read 35,696,178 times
Reputation: 12538
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal2NC View Post
Where is your location?
Raleigh
 
Old 09-03-2015, 11:43 AM
 
Location: Myrtle Beach
1,516 posts, read 1,246,925 times
Reputation: 3806
TuborgP - send some of that rain our way if you can. I'm actually looking forward to the El Nino rains this year.
 
Old 09-03-2015, 03:22 PM
 
30,448 posts, read 35,696,178 times
Reputation: 12538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retire in MB View Post
TuborgP - send some of that rain our way if you can. I'm actually looking forward to the El Nino rains this year.
We all need to collectively send rain your way.
 
Old 09-03-2015, 05:47 PM
 
Location: SW MO
23,604 posts, read 32,111,659 times
Reputation: 29125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retire in MB View Post
TuborgP - send some of that rain our way if you can. I'm actually looking forward to the El Nino rains this year.
As a native Californian with children, grandchildren, oh yes, and a wife back there I wish I could send some water your way as well, as some of our abundant rain. Living in the Ozarks is like being on a giant sponge. Just one of our over 1,100 natural springs pumps out an average of 276 million (you read that right) gallons of 58°, fresh spring water a day. The roar as the water shoots out from a cliff face is awe inspiring. They all eventually empty into our abundant rivers including the Missouri and Mississippi.
 
Old 09-03-2015, 07:27 PM
 
Location: Near a river
16,042 posts, read 19,379,262 times
Reputation: 15671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
As a native Californian with children, grandchildren, oh yes, and a wife back there I wish I could send some water your way as well, as some of our abundant rain. Living in the Ozarks is like being on a giant sponge. Just one of our over 1,100 natural springs pumps out an average of 276 million (you read that right) gallons of 58°, fresh spring water a day. The roar as the water shoots out from a cliff face is awe inspiring. They all eventually empty into our abundant rivers including the Missouri and Mississippi.
Please keep this a secret or before you know it they'll be frackin' at your back door.
 
Old 09-03-2015, 07:28 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles area
14,017 posts, read 18,169,553 times
Reputation: 32365
Default A warm fuzzy today:

Today I left the middle school where I conduct a chess club at both lunches (split lunch schedule) and went into a Mexican restaurant about a mile away. On the outdoor terrace were three mothers of students whom I knew by sight but not by name. I greeted them as I went inside the restaurant.

When I finished my meal and called for the check I was informed that the ladies who were sitting on the terrace had paid my check! They were already gone by that time. They knew me as a volunteer at the nearby elementary school as well as at the middle school where I had just been. What a nice gesture! It's wonderful to feel appreciated.
 
Old 09-03-2015, 07:54 PM
 
5,707 posts, read 3,712,137 times
Reputation: 14664
That is a wonderful appreciation of what you give to the students!

very nice to hear of this gesture, and nice to know your efforts in conducting chess club at middle school and your reading efforts to students too are valued.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top