Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2015, 11:47 AM

2,159 posts, read 1,664,651 times

Advertisements

"If we're "allowed" to talk about this on Chat"

I always worry for a few days if something disappears (or if I disappear ) ...... and then we are not supposed to talk about what or who disappeared.......

I may need my medication changed

or I could just play more scrabble.

Old 12-03-2015, 12:11 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,061,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newcomputer View Post

I always worry for a few days if something disappears (or if I disappear ) ...... and then we are not supposed to talk about what or who disappeared.......

I may need my medication changed

or I could just play more scrabble.
I just peed in my pants !!! You made me laugh so hard I just couldn't hold it in !!!!

Old 12-03-2015, 12:13 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,113,548 times
newcomputer and PhxBarb: You two are so cute. It's people like you that make CD a fun place to visit.

Old 12-03-2015, 03:24 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,971,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newcomputer View Post

It is kind of dystopian, isn't it? "Two percent of the CD-Retirement population mysteriously disappeared overnight...."

Old 12-03-2015, 05:40 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
Remember I posted a photo of my front parlor?

Guess what? I'll post a new picture in the next several days. The modern glass top table - I think - has been sold via Craig'sList. I have a smaller, more ornate - but still glass top coffee table that better fits the room. More importantly, I got a new Chinese "Aubusson" wool rug with burgundy red in it to better match the drapes. I would have preferred an Oriental or Persian rug, but they were just out of my price range.

Sorry to bore you with my home decorating news, but it's a major hobby of mine ... fixing up old dump which was sadly neglected for so many years.

Old 12-03-2015, 06:57 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,113,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post

Guess what? I'll post a new picture in the next several days. The modern glass top table - I think - has been sold via Craig'sList. I have a smaller, more ornate - but still glass top coffee table that better fits the room. More importantly, I got a new Chinese "Aubusson" wool rug with burgundy red in it to better match the drapes. I would have preferred an Oriental or Persian rug, but they were just out of my price range.

Sorry to bore you with my home decorating news, but it's a major hobby of mine ... fixing up old dump which was sadly neglected for so many years.
It's not boring. I enjoy hearing how you are bringing that house back to life. More pictures will be fun.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:46 AM

12,062 posts, read 10,274,252 times
Quote:

I love to see this kind of thing.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:52 AM

16,042 posts, read 21,971,957 times
Quote:

The busload of CD retirees will be arriving this weekend for a house tour....punch in crystal in the dining room?

Old 12-04-2015, 07:05 PM

14,016 posts, read 20,907,290 times
Default Not everyone loves us Boomers!

There have been a lot of generation wars in the Economics Forum, to the point they had to put up a sticky saying generation wars are not permitted there. Now recently in the Urban Planning Forum, in a thread entitled "Why millenials are driving less", someone wrote that the world will be a better place when everybody born before 1960 has died off. Pretty extreme, no? That must have been taken down, because I went back and looked carefully for it just now but it was no longer there.

Old 12-04-2015, 09:40 PM

1,074 posts, read 1,797,396 times
Just wanted to let everyone know that my mom fell and broke her hip this morning. After getting her to the ER, they were able to do surgery this afternoon. She made it through the surgery just fine and has been sleeping most of the time since. We are hoping she will be able to get around a little better and will fully recover.

We had to put my dad in a memory care unit early in the year and he is now on hospice and not really doing very well. So it has been a busy year for my sister and me. Thanks for letting me share.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement