Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2014, 06:03 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,264,411 times

Advertisements

[quote=Happy in Wyoming;35280607]
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Our beloved furkid has been rushed to emergency surgery. We about lost her before Christmas. Please say a prayer. We are all devastated. She is Daddy's Girl so hubby is beside himself. She has been next to him 24/7 since he returned home from surgery. Asking for prayers, healing light, good intentions. Thank you all.

She'll be in my heart and mind. I'll try to send out really good energy.
I am so glad you saw this. I know your energy helped. . . her surgery went so well. Found no necrosis which was like a miracle to us. That is typically what the situation is and why animals don't make it once tortion occurs. So did not have to remove any of her bowel, no infection in surrounding tissue, etc. Vet very surprised; I just believed she had to be alright. This morning, heart palpitations and panting, so vet did an echo to make sure she is not in heart failure. I think it is a combo of anxiety and anesthesia recovery.

Our son is the reason she was taken to the Vet so quickly. Our sweet girl has had intermittent diarrhea and soft stools since we returned last week (after hubby's stay in hospital). But the odor from her BMs changed and son immediately said - we have to get her to emergency Vet NOW. It was a strange odor and son said it is the same in humans who have bleeding in the GI tract. He said if I ever smell that odor in a human, to get him/her to the hospital immediately. Who knew this stuff? So glad son was here. Don't mean to be too graphic here, but mentioning this as I had no idea that bleeding would carry an odor- this is something that could be very important to know, so I am passing it on.

Hubby is off to have staples out of his incision. Hoping furkid makes it through the day and is able to come home.

Thank you, BJW and CCC, for your thoughts, prayers, intentions . . . it is very very appreciated.

Old 06-18-2014, 06:10 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,731,112 times
Blsnket the sick with healing, and bring their loved ones peace........<3

Old 06-18-2014, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
I can tell you that in these parts, allowing more than one pet in a condo is extremely rare, if at all. If you can find one, it would likely be "one dog" under 25 lb and "one cat." You find that out by phoning the realtor, as the "pet law" is not included in the REFS listing. We had to do this in our extensive search for condos for 3 elders. One realtor from the South who is practicing here told me that the one pet thing (under 25 lb) is almost a phenomenon in New England. It may be different in 55+ communities. Note to realtors, please insert the pet law into condo listings.
We just bought a townhome and there are no restrictions concerning pets. However, many townships have restrictions as to how many pets one can have per family unit, as in - 2 cats, 2 dogs, 2 birds, etc. I have lived in three towns that had limitations about pets per family unit . . . one town required that if a person had more than 4 pets in a single family unit (home, townhome, condo, mobile home, etc), they had to declare themselves a pet sanctuary, which had other regs and a license, etc. to qualify for that.

I am not seeing the HOA covenants/regs in this part of the country that you are dealing with, NEG. Now, for RENTALS, yes. For owners, though, nope.

Old 06-18-2014, 08:56 AM

LMAO I wonder what permits I needed for twenty two cats, two horses, two goats and a parrot........it's funny, we watched 'We Bought a Zoo' the other night......

Old 06-18-2014, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
LMAO I wonder what permits I needed for twenty two cats, two horses, two goats and a parrot........it's funny, we watched 'We Bought a Zoo' the other night......
I think declaring yourself a "sanctuary" would be the way to go!

Old 06-18-2014, 10:27 AM

Yeah, think of all the tax breaks I could have had on cat food alone!

When we get to FL I want a miniature donkey, so cool...... I can call it DH's mini him...

ee awww ee awwww

Old 06-19-2014, 07:55 AM

3,513 posts, read 6,362,032 times
Quote:
. . . her surgery went so well. Found no necrosis which was like a miracle to us. That is typically what the situation is and why animals don't make it once tortion occurs. So did not have to remove any of her bowel, no infection in surrounding tissue, etc. Vet very surprised; I just believed she had to be alright. This morning, heart palpitations and panting, so vet did an echo to make sure she is not in heart failure. I think it is a combo of anxiety and anesthesia recovery.

Our son is the reason she was taken to the Vet so quickly.
How very fortunate that he was there and recognized that something was drastically wrong. I hope her recovery (and yours) is fast and complete and that there is NEVER a repeat of this awful condition.

Old 06-19-2014, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zugor View Post
How very fortunate that he was there and recognized that something was drastically wrong. I hope her recovery (and yours) is fast and complete and that there is NEVER a repeat of this awful condition.
Thank you so much. I am sorry I haven't been a very good participant on the forum - have not even taken time to read back and find out what I had missed and I apologize for being totally wrapped up in my own life right now.

We pray she will have a few more years of a good life ahead. She is having a tough recovery. Furkid and hubby are sticking close. They are soooooo attached. Losing her right now at this juncture in his recovery would be so very hard. Never a good time, of course, but this would be the worst time. She is such a big part of our lives and routine. We also converse with her a lot . . . and she stays beside one of us all the time, 24/7. After 11 1/2 years, we just don't do anything without thinking about her, even if only to make sure we don't step on her tail when we stand up, lol. We know we will have to give her up eventually. Such is life. She has brought us so much joy and we hope we have provided her with the happiest of situations . . . she has deserved the love and attention . . . such a sweet girl.

Old 06-19-2014, 08:42 AM

Ani,you have done the best you can, it is the hands of the higher powers now. Pray for the best.

Zugor, same for you, let's get that danged surgery over with so you can be out running, jumping and playing.

Another glorious day, hallelujah.

Old 06-19-2014, 09:03 AM

16,042 posts, read 21,939,523 times
Quote:
I think declaring yourself a "sanctuary" would be the way to go!
A "501-c3 nonprofit" sanctuary!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.