Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2011, 07:18 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,804,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles in PGI View Post
Please tell me, somebody, anybody, that this whole conversation is a long-playing farce.

You share the view with a frog at the bottom of a well.
What do you mean? I am able to get health help with no waiting lines. Very flexible. Access to Rx.

Old 09-22-2011, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louise50 View Post
After reading your posts, Does anyone else on here, think that the original Poster is just trying to gets his "kicks" here and is enjoying the feedback, because in my opinion, no one can be this naive and uninformed of the present state of the economy. I doubt seriously that there isn't a person in the US that hasn't been affected financially in the present economy. Whether it be a relative , friend , or an acquaintance . It's going to be very interesting if anyone cares enough to watch his future posts as I feel assured, He or someone close to him will be affected.
I follow the news everyday. I trade stocks so I know whats going on but you can do stuff to make YOUR economy better instead of waiting for gov't to do something.

I am affected financially also but I use that to my advantage. Lot of great businesses start in a down economy.

What do you mean by close to me will affected? In what sense?

Old 09-22-2011, 07:35 PM

203 posts, read 371,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
You are running for President?

No, because I would surely get your vote and I am unqualified.

Old 09-22-2011, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louise50 View Post

No, because I would surely get your vote and I am unqualified.
You do need a political background.

Donald Trump was running too. He has no political background.

Old 09-22-2011, 07:49 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,050,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
What do you mean? I am able to get health help with no waiting lines. Very flexible. Access to Rx.
Yes, you are able to get good health care in the US when you pay high premium for it. That does not make it the best health care in the world.

DO NOT say the US health care is the best when you cannot compare it with other countries' health care systems.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but in your case, it's not just a little knowledge, it's the unwillingness to learn: not to know is bad, not to wish to know is worse. As I mentioned above, you are just a frog that lives in the bottom of a well. The longer you spout off, the worse you sound.

Last edited by Ol' Wanderer; 09-22-2011 at 07:59 PM..

Old 09-22-2011, 07:57 PM

2,245 posts, read 3,009,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattknap View Post
I'm appalled at the OP's tone.......life happens and sometimes people have absolutely no control over adverse circumstances....and some people, Heaven forbid, actually make mistakes that they can't fully reverse. I believe there are many people who rely primarily on social security for their income - we don't know why that is and really it isn't our business is it? Forty years ago no one would have blinked if you told them that you were relying on social security to be your primary support in your retirement years.
I agree, and today there's still areas of the country where wages and the cost of living is low, where retiring on SS is the norm. Most have paid for homes, and considering there's not near the taxes and deductions on SS as there is with a paycheck, their lifestyle remains the same.

Old 09-22-2011, 07:58 PM

14,016 posts, read 20,902,793 times
Default General thoughts on this thread

Sometimes when a thread reaches a point where it becomes repetitive and just goes on and on around in circles, back and forth without covering any new ground, and where it has become more about the individuals involved than about the topic as announced in the thread title, then moderators use the phrase "This thread has run its course. Closed." Seems to me that would apply perfectly here, right now.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:07 PM

I don't pay high premium. Its about $100 a month pre-tax money.

Quality wise we do have top notch state of the art care.

I learn everyday and I am hungry for knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles in PGI View Post
Yes, you are able to get good health care in the US when you pay high premium for it. That does not make it the best health care in the world.

DO NOT say the US health care is the best when you cannot compare it with other countries' health care systems.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but in your case, it's not just a little knowledge, it's the unwillingness to learn: not to know is bad, not to wish to know is worse. As I mentioned above, you are just a frog that lives in the bottom of a well. The longer you spout off, the worse you sound.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS2753 View Post
I agree, and today there's still areas of the country where wages and the cost of living is low, where retiring on SS is the norm. Most have paid for homes, and considering there's not near the taxes and deductions on SS as there is with a paycheck, their lifestyle remains the same.
It is only YOU that can change your lifestyle. Not the Gov't, not the Congress and not Obama.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:08 PM

2,245 posts, read 3,009,468 times
There's many who share the OP's sentiments. If you want a heavy dose of it, head over to this site:

Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community

Most of the members have accumulated 7 figure portfolios, and will bash anyone who hasn't done likewise. SS recipients aren't the only targets, anyone on any type of government pension is fair game as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement