Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 02:16 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,376,989 times

Advertisements

Naw......and get an Assault Charge........naw, you wouldn't want that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Having read further in to this thread, I would like to add, LoveBoating, that I often smile when someone says something insulting or offensive. I was raised properly.

But just because I'm smiling when I give an answer whether it be with my desert dry sense of humor or a vocal stab, it doesn't mean I'm amused. Typically I'm thinking how fun it would be to smack that person for being so rude.

Old 11-03-2011, 02:23 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,376,989 times
Ok, ladies, whenever you want to stop with the ''bashing" and "insults" to me, YOU CAN! Actually, I've had enough of this thread......I think I've already said that before, BUT, you folks simply WON'T stop!
It's pretty obvious that I'm not the type of person that will lay down and be a rug for you to walk on, but this is getting rather OLD, OLD, OLD!
So, let's just agree to disagree with how I am and END this crap on all of our parts now! Come on......PLEASE??

Old 11-03-2011, 02:23 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,051,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
She told me "meeting a man isn't totally out of the question, but I've got other things to take care of right now", she told me.
That reply was her gracious way to tell you to take a hike, but you couldn't hear what was said, couldn't you? Bless your heart, it's not your fault everyone is talking above your head.

Old 11-03-2011, 02:25 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Quote:
Well, probably not "clever", but is certainly fun! Hey, all I did was do a thread asking a question and it was some of them that completely came unglued over it! And, it's not juvenile defending how I am. I talked to this lady and others, made some comments/asked some questions that, by the way, were ANSWERED very politely by them. No, "get out of my face", "none of your business", "you sure are nosey"........nothing like that at all.
Actually, I'm starting to believe that some of these folks would like to have a talk with this lady and others that I talked to and tell them......"why don't you tell this ass** to leave you alone!" This lady and the others would most likely say to them, "why are you trying to tell me how to talk to people?"
Where were you raised? Polite, well-bred folks would NEVER say "You sure are nosey" . . . they would simply give a non-answer or end the conversation ("I have to get ready for work") and try to disentangle themselves from you and the conversation.

Of course, it is hard to leave a conversation when you are sitting on your own patio and get accosted.

It is obvious you can't distinguish what is and isn't socially acceptable behavior. What you seem to think is so witty, cool and amusing, 99.9% of human beings would find insulting, intrusive and inappropriate - especially from someone who is supposed to be a mature adult.

Old 11-03-2011, 02:27 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,051,289 times
Quote:
Ok, ladies, whenever you want to stop with the ''bashing" and "insults" to me, YOU CAN!
Where were the insults? We're having a "kiddingly" (your word) conversation which is peppered with smiles. According to you, it couldn't be insult, couldn't it, when things are delivered with a smile?

Old 11-03-2011, 02:28 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,928,336 times
Since you won't listen to reason, just count the number of posters on this thread who have given you negative feedback vs. any that gave you positive feedback. The numbers might not be statistically relevant, but they should give you some kind of indication as to "popular opinion" on the subject raised in the thread, as well as some of your other behavior.

You keep saying that the woman has not reported you to management, as if that would be the only indication you have been out-of-line with her . . . people have tried to tell you they smile when they are thinking "what a nut" and other stuff . . . but you argue with what people are telling you is their experience. I find that disturbing, simply because I get frustrated myself trying to explain something to someone to just have them completely invalidate what I am telling them or ignore it . . . it's offensive that you will not listen to what we are saying - you give our opinions no credence, what-so-ever . . . and because we don't know you or don't have to deal with you, it is more an exercise in online futility and nothing is gained or lost . . .but to have to deal with flesh and blood people like you is maddening!

Old 11-03-2011, 02:41 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Quote:
Naw......and get an Assault Charge........naw, you wouldn't want that!
Exactly. Which is why people (your neighbors) have tried to politely get across to you that you are insulting them and do not wish to discuss the matters further . . . even tho it appears the only thing that will convince you how annoying and inappropriate your comments are would be to incite violence.

Do you WANT people to lash out at you????

Old 11-03-2011, 03:17 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,909,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird52 View Post
I agree Ariadne22, we are not all extroverts and we are not all nurturers. But a "normal" American women is expected to be the ideal mother/grandmother, always busy making sure everyone is happy and healthy. Not every woman is like that! Some women would be miserable forced into that role -- and so many have been forced, over the millennia. I just heard a news report this morning about the declining birth rates in the developed countries, and they said it's probably because most women would rather have JOB than be a mother!

Can you believe that? As much as having a job sucks (not all the time, but overall), being a mother sucks even more!

So that kind of made me feel validated. I always KNEW I didn't want to be a housewife or mother. God, my mother was not exactly thrilled with the deal, even though she could afford to hire plenty of help.

Are we put on earth to do what makes us happy, or to serve others? Some of both I guess. But women have always been expected to mostly serve others, and to not be selfish and worry about their happiness.

I am somewhat introverted and I LOVE working on my projects alone. But I also love going out and singing and playing music with others. I love being able to take care of myself financially (although I can't say I always love my job, therefore I am working towards retirement).

I DO NOT regret never having raised a family. And I bet there are many millions of women in the world who would have liked to follow their dreams and be independent, but got stuck.
When I was younger I was a total extrovert. I had a good time in life and loved it. I loved being a wife and mom too...until I had to add a fulltime job AND college to the mix. Thinking I'd get some support from family members, especially my dh, I went at it full force. However, that never happened and I just had more and more piled on me. Now, my kids are long grown and gone, have grkids of their own now and I just feel it's "me time" for the rest of the life I have left. I never wanted any more than to be a wife and mom but sometimes life throws us curve balls OR our goals/plans change.

I don't regret having raised a family. They were the lights of my life but NOW? I am the "light of my life"...lol I still love my kids beyond the telling of it, and the grkids and great grkids, but it took a looooong time to learn to love ME and I won't forget how any time soon.

I have friends, in their 50s now, who've never married/had kids and I think we all have to do what's best for us. I have never thought less of them for their decisions and they've never thought less of me for mine. Live and let live has always been my mantra. I will leave this life with NO regrets!

Old 11-03-2011, 03:23 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,909,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird52 View Post
I have noticed that people who THINK they are funny, usually are not. And people who BRAG about being funny, never are.
Yup! Just like my 'not so funny' grandfather. Sadly my half brother took up where he left off and he wasn't funny either.

Old 11-03-2011, 03:29 PM

5,097 posts, read 6,350,110 times
Quote:
Ok, ladies, whenever you want to stop with the ''bashing" and "insults" to me, YOU CAN! Actually, I've had enough of this thread......I think I've already said that before, BUT, you folks simply WON'T stop!
It's pretty obvious that I'm not the type of person that will lay down and be a rug for you to walk on, but this is getting rather OLD, OLD, OLD!
So, let's just agree to disagree with how I am and END this crap on all of our parts now! Come on......PLEASE??

I agree, let's end it.
(I still say tiny weenie)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement