Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2009, 04:39 PM

20 posts, read 59,309 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the photo Karcon and DE...it's so nice to see that we are actual, real people!! It sounds as if you had a good visit. I'm glad to know that a few of you are actually making progress - I hope congratulations are in order soon for NEG and Wisteria. I too had considered San Miguel Allende but determined it has been "discovered" so dropped it from my list. Someone here mentioned Huntsville, AL which is ironic as I took some quiz a while back and my ideal place to retire turned out to be Huntsville - a place I'd never considered and had never visited! Does anyone know anything about it? A couple of other places that have come to my attention are Rehoboth Beach, hm - is that in Delaware? and Ocean Springs, MS (also, Fairhope, AL, which is "right down the road a piece"). I can't wait to find out what the PERFECT PLACE will turn out to be! I just hope I'm not stuck here working until I'm 90 and can't participate. I'm glad to know everyone is hanging in there; I always enjoy coming back to "visit" this audacious, peppery group - as ever, thanks for all the great information! Now I'm going to go make some pasta and pour a glass of chianti...my very own early bird special.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:51 AM

522 posts, read 1,429,821 times
Just checking in, and want to say Good Job on another meetup, DancingEarth and Karcon!!

Old 05-05-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karcon View Post
Hi, Karcon here. My biggest problem is it is so dry and being from Florida I'm used to the humidity. But my hair looks great! !
LOL! Yes, it does well in the dry air, doesn't it?
How very nice to see your pic, Karcon, and wonderful you've taken the initiative to meetup!
I see you and dancingEarth both have profile pics. Well, I finally got brave enough to post one too. Truth is, I never had any decent ones to post! You guys look different than I expected. In fact, I think I expected Karcon to look like DE, and vice versa, don't know why...

Old 05-06-2009, 01:21 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,020,411 times
Good to hear from you, Anomoly. I'm taking a short break (lot of catch up from an overly lazy winter). Nice pic as well. I guess it's my turn - I don't have a decent pic so I've threatened my cousin's daughter - "give my camera back or else!!!!!!!!!" She's absolutely terrified, I'm sure.

It's been quiet on this thread - everyone needs a break to regroup and refresh - or whatever. I, for one, am dm- sick of caring for a house. Happy to have one, but it is all consuming.

Take care.

Old 05-06-2009, 01:41 PM

1,236 posts, read 4,048,423 times
Cool anomoly........

Nice pic anomoly...... pretty blue eyes !

I really wish more people would post profile pics cuz it really enhances the interaction experience

Old 05-06-2009, 01:58 PM

3,517 posts, read 13,261,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyIsBabe View Post
Nice pic anomoly...... pretty blue eyes !

I really wish more people would post profile pics cuz it really enhances the interaction experience
I like it too but am reluctant to make it too public. I have had some trouble in the past and do not wish to stir up any thing like that. Maybe we should all friend each other and then close down our profiles to just friends. The whole internet is just a little too wide open for my comfort. I guess that is what the friend thing is really for since they put it up.

Last edited by Tesaje; 05-06-2009 at 02:16 PM..

Old 05-06-2009, 02:08 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,020,411 times
I thought about that as well - only allowing friends to view your profile. I hate to be paranoid about it but I try to picture what might happen down the road - we have been very free with the personal info sharing. Who knows - if I post, and I guess it would only be fair to all of you, I would set up my profile to be viewed by friends only. I will put this toward the top of my list of things to do................

Old 05-06-2009, 02:58 PM

ditto, between the personal info and personal pics, I'd love to go the route of making them a little more private. I'm guessing there's an option for that, friends only?

Old 05-06-2009, 03:00 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,128,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anomoly View Post
ditto, between the personal info and personal pics, I'd love to go the route of making them a little more private. I'm guessing there's an option for that, friends only?
Yes, you may edit your options so that only friends may view your photos or information.

Old 05-06-2009, 05:10 PM

205 posts, read 397,305 times
Default We are real people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomoly View Post
LOL! Yes, it does well in the dry air, doesn't it?
How very nice to see your pic, Karcon, and wonderful you've taken the initiative to meetup!
I see you and dancingEarth both have profile pics. Well, I finally got brave enough to post one too. Truth is, I never had any decent ones to post! You guys look different than I expected. In fact, I think I expected Karcon to look like DE, and vice versa, don't know why...
Glad to hear from you! It was great meeting dancingEarth and am glad I made contact to let her know I was actually in Santa Fe. Meeting her was very easy - she just that nice and laid back kind of person. We had a good get together before I left going to some Friday night gallery openings. Really enjoyable. Oh, and she is a very talented potter too. I am going to be posting some of my Santa Fe/New Mexico photos (hopefully this week). Actually meeting someone from the thread is the best thing to do, and I encourage everyone who has the opportunity to do so. We become real people!!! Anomoly - great picture - you do have big blue eyes!! I hate posting my photo because (vanity, vanity, vanity) I think - do I look that old?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement