Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2009, 05:55 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,019,188 times

Advertisements

karcon- You do not look old - really very chic!!!! We have the same hairstyle (did - I need a cut).

I'm going to go over who is and is not in my friends list and add those that aren't - and then - make the change.

Take a look at Nancy thereader's profile - there are two girls that look about 20, obviously not Nancy - OR - is one of them Nancy and this 60+ still looks 20? NOT FAIR!!!!!

Anomoly - most people in my family have/had blue eyes but I don't think I've ever seen anyone with such gorgeous blues!!!

Coney has a new pic on the beach with her little dog - she's so wrapped up she looks like she lives in MN in January!!

Tesaje - Brave it up girl!!!!!!!

Plantlover - You too!!

Old 05-06-2009, 06:03 PM

1,236 posts, read 4,048,003 times
Talking OK...... I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesaje View Post
I like it too but am reluctant to make it too public. I have had some trouble in the past and do not wish to stir up any thing like that. Maybe we should all friend each other and then close down our profiles to just friends. The whole internet is just a little too wide open for my comfort. I guess that is what the friend thing is really for since they put it up.
So far, I haven't had any problems that I know of (and I'm all over the internet) BUT I understand and respect your point of view. In fact, I just changed my settings to "friends only"

P.S. my profile photo of me & "Jack" was taken two weeks ago at Seaside Oregon, on the beach! It was COLD and windy and no one was swimming...... the people at the surf were digging for clams ! I got some gorgeous sunset photos -

Last edited by ConeyIsBabe; 05-06-2009 at 06:14 PM..

Old 05-06-2009, 07:38 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,278,987 times
Wow. That's a nice thing to say, mn2co. That photo was taken around eight years ago when my daughter was still my little girl . I miss those days so much even though I am aware from having a son who's 36 that time has to move on and that you had better let go of your children ........ I really have very few pictures of myself ; probably there are NONE that does not has someone else in it.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 05-06-2009, 07:42 PM

So, are you the blonde and is that your daughter? If so, you both look the same age!!!

Old 05-06-2009, 07:45 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,278,987 times
If only........

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 05-06-2009, 10:28 PM

1,569 posts, read 3,402,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karcon View Post
Glad to hear from you! It was great meeting dancingEarth and am glad I made contact to let her know I was actually in Santa Fe. Meeting her was very easy - she just that nice and laid back kind of person. We had a good get together before I left going to some Friday night gallery openings. Really enjoyable. Oh, and she is a very talented potter too. I am going to be posting some of my Santa Fe/New Mexico photos (hopefully this week). Actually meeting someone from the thread is the best thing to do, and I encourage everyone who has the opportunity to do so. We become real people!!! Anomoly - great picture - you do have big blue eyes!! I hate posting my photo because (vanity, vanity, vanity) I think - do I look that old?!
Thanks Karcon--I enjoyed the time we spent together too. It was a lot of fun to meet someone from here -- it does make it all the more real. Karcon, you're a beautiful woman--you should have no qualms about posting your photo.

Old 05-07-2009, 06:22 AM

3,517 posts, read 13,260,698 times
Ok. I did it. Sent off a bunch of friend requests too.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:07 AM

205 posts, read 397,189 times
Okay, you have all just earned Queen for a Day status for being so nice! I'm sure we were all hot babes in our day!!!! In fact, I think we are all STILL hot babes!!!!! Nancy Thereader; know the feeling about your kids getting older is a great reality check - mine are 35 and 31 (soon to move up a year). How did THAT happen??!! I miss the babies and since they have already declared they aren't having any there's no chance of reliving the "best" of those days with grandkids. C'est la vie. Morning coffee time is over and it is now time to get dressed and start living today. Have a good one everybody.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesaje View Post
Ok. I did it. Sent off a bunch of friend requests too.

http://bestsmileys.com/cheering/2.gif (broken link) Now, picture please!!!

Old 05-07-2009, 07:16 AM

3,517 posts, read 13,260,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN2CO View Post
Now, picture please!!!
There's not a picture? I put one up and I see it when I go to my profile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement