Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2009, 03:34 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,288,385 times

Advertisements

Congratulations, Karcon! Whew, you made it! Very best wishes as you settle into your very own home.

Keep the faith, Wisteria. It's always frustrating when things happen on the universe's timetable instead of on ours. Maybe Karcon can send you some of her good luck dirt.

NEG, Nancy, Paintdog and each of you who are still in planning and searching mode, isn't it great to have this little community to return to for empathy, support and a few laughs? It makes a big difference to know of all the good energy being shared and sent as everybody progresses toward their new homes.

Anomaly, you may be traveling on your own but don't turn around cause were all hot on your trail! Gotta find out what your next adventure and destination is going to be. Always interesting. Hope your having fun!

Old 06-26-2009, 05:47 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,280,851 times
I just had a real estate person come today to look at my house so I should be able to make the great move soon, I hope.

I really would like to move to New Mexico. There is something so spiritual and otherworldly about it. I would probably buy a very small house for about
the same price as I will get for my small townhome here (minus moving expenses and all).
I am looking forward to starting my new life. I hope not to lose touch with you all right here, though. The first thing I will do when I move in would be to make sure I am on line & in contact with this terrific group.
Then, you are all invitied to visit !!!!! Really.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 06-27-2009, 10:53 AM

522 posts, read 1,429,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloridaBG View Post
Hey Anomoly - where are you? Hope all is well. Please check in if you can so that we know everything is okay.
Thanks for remembering me, Glorida. I've been here in Taos, experiencing some sadness, loneliness, depression. I was out of my meds for a few days and don't think that helped. I'm a little better now, but have had to make investments in involvement and activities. Now, at least I have somewhere to go each day.
I started volunteering at the Humane Society as a 'cat socializer'. That means I get to take each one out of their cages for some time to play, explore, etc. It's really gratifying.
I also found a gym, so I worked out, layed by the pool, and went back later for a yoga class.
I've been going to some other gatherings, which all help me not feel so lonely.
I think 'my people' are coming home next week. That will mean I won't be on this property alone, yeaaaaa!

Karcon, I'm so happy you're over the hump with the move. Good job, enjoy the wine, and the watered down dessert . We're all here for you!

Old 06-27-2009, 11:58 AM

65 posts, read 163,896 times
Default Friends

Just remember, Anomoly, although you may be lonely at times, you certainly are not alone. You have LOTS of friends on this board who care a heck of a lot. I'm glad you're getting out. Sometimes we have to push ourselves as hard as it may be and just get out in the world. Recently, I started looking into and actually doing some volunteer work - things I always thought about and wanted to do, but always found some excuse.

Old 06-28-2009, 05:36 PM

205 posts, read 397,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anomoly View Post
Thanks for remembering me, Glorida. I've been here in Taos, experiencing some sadness, loneliness, depression. I was out of my meds for a few days and don't think that helped. I'm a little better now, but have had to make investments in involvement and activities. Now, at least I have somewhere to go each day.
I started volunteering at the Humane Society as a 'cat socializer'. That means I get to take each one out of their cages for some time to play, explore, etc. It's really gratifying.
I also found a gym, so I worked out, layed by the pool, and went back later for a yoga class.
I think 'my people' are coming home next week. That will mean I won't be on this property alone, yeaaaaa!

Karcon, I'm so happy you're over the hump with the move. Good job, enjoy the wine, and the watered down dessert . We're all here for you!
Anomoly; glad you are finding things to do Taos. Now it sounds like you are on vacation - playing with cats, yoga workouts and laying out by the pool. Sounds very nice! I know you will be happy for the company when "your people" come home. I wish I had gotten to see more of Taos but it sounds like you are making good connections there to really be able to enjoy it.

It's now 7:30 - am finally completely out of the old place; said my goodbyes. Leaving memories, good and bad, but that is what life is. A new start! Time to sit down, relax, and enjoy that glass of wine!!!

Remember, we are all here for YOU too!!!!!

Old 06-29-2009, 03:21 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,971,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anomoly View Post

Hmmnn....loneliness for many reasons as we move our boats out onto the waters...it really is difficult. I use writing (poems, short prose, letters, just plain rambling writing) to not feel so alone. I was able to save up to buy a little laptop (an "Acer" notebook), reasonably priced, so i can take it to a coffee shop and sit under an umbrella and try to connect with the world while writing. Those of you writers out there (Anomoly, that's you!) might put together a little book ("The little adventure book for older and wiser women"----how about that?)

Old 06-30-2009, 05:05 AM

915 posts, read 1,625,681 times
Default "the little adventure book for older and wise women"

I like that idea! I've been a writer since a tender age - from the time I could express myself, i was telling stories in pictures - even sold them door to door in a small neighborhood until my mother put an end to that (apparently, i was born into a communist home that didn't understand the entrepreneurial spirit - joke - no flak on that - my mother thought i was begging)

the writing has continued throughout the years and now as an older, wiser woman, the stories that i have to tell - the self-discovery that continues to occur, particularly in my fifties, becomes more and more a "must-tell". I do not believe we go through all we go through for no purpose. there are tales to tell, lessons to learn and the process is exciting though sometimes sad, lonely and painful.

so, the little adventure book for older and wise women...a thought ....or perhaps it is the little adventure book BY older and wiser women because the tale we have to tell is not only one that takes each of us more easily through the day but is a legacy to leave those who have yet to discover the paths we took. it is good to be a trailblazer, even when our trailblazing has not been intentional - and not necessarily desired. But a trailblazer nonetheless. shall i be corny and say, Write On, Ladies (ok, painful play on an old cliche, but it works - giggle)
love to all the sistahs!
tricia
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Hmmnn....loneliness for many reasons as we move our boats out onto the waters...it really is difficult. I use writing (poems, short prose, letters, just plain rambling writing) to not feel so alone. I was able to save up to buy a little laptop (an "Acer" notebook), reasonably priced, so i can take it to a coffee shop and sit under an umbrella and try to connect with the world while writing. Those of you writers out there (Anomoly, that's you!) might put together a little book ("The little adventure book for older and wiser women"----how about that?)

Old 06-30-2009, 06:56 AM

16,042 posts, read 21,971,957 times
Yes, that's what I meant....a book BY older women....each of us writing a separate chapter on our trials, tribulations, transformations~

Quote:
Originally Posted by triciajeanne View Post
I like that idea! I've been a writer since a tender age - from the time I could express myself, i was telling stories in pictures - even sold them door to door in a small neighborhood until my mother put an end to that (apparently, i was born into a communist home that didn't understand the entrepreneurial spirit - joke - no flak on that - my mother thought i was begging)

the writing has continued throughout the years and now as an older, wiser woman, the stories that i have to tell - the self-discovery that continues to occur, particularly in my fifties, becomes more and more a "must-tell". I do not believe we go through all we go through for no purpose. there are tales to tell, lessons to learn and the process is exciting though sometimes sad, lonely and painful.

so, the little adventure book for older and wise women...a thought ....or perhaps it is the little adventure book BY older and wiser women because the tale we have to tell is not only one that takes each of us more easily through the day but is a legacy to leave those who have yet to discover the paths we took. it is good to be a trailblazer, even when our trailblazing has not been intentional - and not necessarily desired. But a trailblazer nonetheless. shall i be corny and say, Write On, Ladies (ok, painful play on an old cliche, but it works - giggle)
love to all the sistahs!
tricia

Old 06-30-2009, 12:37 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,280,851 times
That sounds wonderful to me. I also have thought that there should be a book like that just for us.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 06-30-2009, 05:03 PM

1,236 posts, read 4,048,423 times
Thumbs up Deja Vu ???????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
That sounds wonderful to me. I also have thought that there should be a book like that just for us.

Didn't we discuss this idea of a group writing project, about a hundred-or-so pages ago
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement