Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2008, 04:16 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,278,987 times

Advertisements

So, am I inserting my own explanation of astrocartography, or is astrocartography really working for me? In other words: Which came first? The chicken or the egg??

How do you know what lines are where, wisteria? Is there a chart that is orderable from somewhere?

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 05-31-2008, 06:25 PM

1,569 posts, read 3,402,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
So, am I inserting my own explanation of astrocartography, or is astrocartography really working for me? In other words: Which came first? The chicken or the egg??

How do you know what lines are where, wisteria? Is there a chart that is orderable from somewhere?
I use to have a free site that showed where the lines intersect and some explanation. When I get home I'll see if I can find the site--I probably saved it on my favorites. Anyone else know? I tried searching for it but couldn't find it.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:30 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,784,597 times
ASTROCARTOGRAPHY from Astronumeric:
Astrocartography and Astrology Readings

Hi there! Here is the link to the service I've used over the years. It comes with a world map that shows all the planet lines and where they intersect, along with a book that explains what they are. It is from the company that originated Astrocartography, and they have very personalized service -- I've used them for decades. I haven't ordered one for a few years, but you probably can still choose 3 locations to have specific information for. I still look at my world map to see what's what. Plus, the world map (which you can see a small sample of on the site -- right hand side) shows me what the intersections were when I was in different countries -- it is interesting. Check it out!

If anyone orders a Basic Astrology Report Natal and Progressed Chart in a Single Wheel (under ANS charts and calculations), we could maybe have me look at it and see what's what. That is the best chart to order, in my opinion. It is really good for seeing upcoming events. Anyway, have fun checking it out.

Old 05-31-2008, 10:03 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,282,340 times
[-

Old 06-01-2008, 08:32 AM

522 posts, read 1,429,651 times
Default First signs of a 'plan' in 6 years...

Well everyone, I'm excited to say I took the first step toward my future!
"I HAVE A PLAN, AND NOT JUST A DREAM!" (as MLK said)

I just bought a "Park Model" !
It took alot of thought, but I'm now convinced it's just the ticket for my situation! I wasn't too familiar with them, and thought they would be much more expensive, and way too permanent, but I was wrong.
1. It's a 2000, looks brand new, and everything works, (unlike my RV where it seems like everything needs work.)
2. It's MUCH more like a home! (not like a travel trailer or motorhome where everything makes into a bed--the couch, table, kitchen sink ) It has a spacious living room, bedroom, washer/dryer, tons of closet space, and lots more!
3. And, it was a bargain at $12,000!!

I realize in 3 years of travelling I haven't found the 'Perfect Place', (just like I never found the 'perfect man' --when i was younger and searching for one).
I'm tired of being a gypsy (for now), and have a strong need to be part of a community. I've been unable to make a decision fearing it might lock me into something i don't like.
Still, Southern NM and Moab, UT, have been my options, and I realize So. NM has most of things that are most important to me, which is why I keep gravitating to this area, and it's becoming more like home.
Not sure whether it's TrC, Las Cruces, or Silver City, and my first thought was 'Oh my god, it's 40 ft long, I can't tow that!'...
But, it IS towable, which means it CAN be moved..
I'm buying it from the owners of the RV Park I'm in, here in TrC,
---and this is the greatest part of the deal-- MY LANDLORDS HAVE AGREED TO MOVE THE TRAILER TO ANY PLACE IN THE REGION when I finally do decide where I want to live, and I just pay the gas!

So, a Park Model fits perfectly with my situation, not to mention the other perks of the deal! Since it's not something to travel around in, I don't have to buy a big old truck to pull it, yet it CAN and WILL be moved to another destination --by people I trust when I'm ready.
So, when all us ladies have figured out how to create our own community, I will have something to bring to the table! LOL, --no I will bring the table !!

I will now have a real home, (instead of something I'm constantly trying to modify), and I can still keep the old Minnie Winnie to travel in --when the price of gas goes down HA HA. Actually, I'm done traveling for awhile, but I'd like to be able to take the motorhome camping sometime without having to have everything I own inside! And, if my plans do have to change, and I decide to relocate, I can take my house with me, instead of having to search for a place when I get there!!

Another advantage is that the trailer is already parked in my small RV park, so I can easily transfer things, clean out the motorhome, (and enjoy the confused reactions of the kitties)! My landlords are letting me park the motorhome here until I move 'free of charge', (since it won't be hooked up). I can stay here in TrC while i investigate my options in Las Cruces or Silver City, and when Im ready, have it moved there!

There were so many things about this deal that fit perfectly, and made it a pretty easy decision to make! I feel like a big weight has been lifted off of me. Last night, I realized I've been in limbo for about 6 years now, and that's just too long. I'm tired of the uncertainty, and the wandering. I want to become a part of where I live again.

Whew! Im a happy camper!

Old 06-01-2008, 08:47 AM

2,790 posts, read 6,128,017 times
Mucho Congratulations Anomoly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-01-2008, 09:36 AM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,784,597 times
Wow, Anomoly!! I'd like to hear more about this Park Model motorhome. I hate to drive, so I'm not sure it's something for me, but being "portable," maybe it is. Can one stay in an RV park forever, or are there time limits on them? I think that here in Santa Cruz there are limits on some of them -- or so I've heard. Do people just move their motor home from one RV place to another -- maybe depending on season? I think I'm more into a regular house (only because of the driving part), however, this does sound interesting.

I don't know if they're still there, but there were a couple of nice RV'ers who were volunteering at the Riverbend Hot Springs last year. They were planning on staying through the winter to see if they liked it enough to settle there. Maybe you have run into them, as you are both RV'ers.

Oh, by the way, my friend, Linda, from here is moving to TorC THIS WEEK!! She will be on Poplar Street. As soon as they are in, I will pass on their phone number to you and you could pop in to see them. She is a very upfront, outspoken, fun gal -- her husband is more quiet, but very nice. She had a great retirement party and there were plenty of laughs! I'll keep you posted -- I know they will be exhausted once they get there, so I'll give her a little time to adjust, but she's very social and fun!

Your new home sounds great, though -- a new home for you and the kitties!! Pretty cool!!

Old 06-01-2008, 09:45 AM

18,723 posts, read 33,385,615 times
The Park models are wonderful. I think most people expect to tow them only once, and often put them on a permanent foundation. If you Google "park model homes," you'll get wonderful floor plans and types of homes. I think they're terrific.
They are technically RVs, though, so zoning could be a problem on your own land.

Old 06-01-2008, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
Wow, Anomoly!! I'd like to hear more about this Park Model motorhome. I hate to drive, so I'm not sure it's something for me, but being "portable," maybe it is. Can one stay in an RV park forever, or are there time limits on them? I think that here in Santa Cruz there are limits on some of them -- or so I've heard. Do people just move their motor home from one RV place to another -- maybe depending on season? I think I'm more into a regular house (only because of the driving part), however, this does sound interesting.

I don't know if they're still there, but there were a couple of nice RV'ers who were volunteering at the Riverbend Hot Springs last year. They were planning on staying through the winter to see if they liked it enough to settle there. Maybe you have run into them, as you are both RV'ers.

Oh, by the way, my friend, Linda, from here is moving to TorC THIS WEEK!! She will be on Poplar Street. As soon as they are in, I will pass on their phone number to you and you could pop in to see them. She is a very upfront, outspoken, fun gal -- her husband is more quiet, but very nice. She had a great retirement party and there were plenty of laughs! I'll keep you posted -- I know they will be exhausted once they get there, so I'll give her a little time to adjust, but she's very social and fun!

Your new home sounds great, though -- a new home for you and the kitties!! Pretty cool!!
How funny, I kept thinking 'another long message from me, they don't need to know every detail'...
But, originally, it was even longer and more detailed, so I shortened it...

Wisteria, let me clarify some misunderstandings
Brightloverdog ? you have the right idea, and yes, Google is the answer to everything these days, so that's my suggestion too,
But,
Park Models come in many different forms, I've discovered, and apparently there are regional diffs in terms of how they're used (permanent foundations, etc)
What's familiar to me, are the basic models set up in a park for permanent use, and are usually skirted. I've never really noticed any with perm foundations, but I know you can, and apparently that's more common where you are Bright.
Online researching, I came across some really high end ones, that were actually designed for people who wanted to have a vacation home, maybe a summer home at the lake, or a cabin in the mountains, etc. So, they are actually designed according the theme. They have 'country cottage styles, log cabin styles, cape cod type, etc. REALLY CUTE!
But, some people actually move them to the lake in the summer, and then the mountains in the winter, if they plan to spend a month or so.

So, they are as varied as can be imagined, in terms of application.
They are not designed to be something you take or drive to your destination, which is what a motorhome or travel trailer offers.
But, they are on wheels, and towable, which means if you planned on moving it 1-2 year max, it's ideal.
They are in between the concept of an RV (motorhome, travel trailer) and a 'Mobile Home".
A mobile home is of course much bigger, but the other difference is that park models have built in furniture, not all but usually dinettes or beds made to fit the model. Also, you plug your electric into the type of boxes you see for RVs, and you have a sewer hose like an RV, but no holding tanks. My stove and heat are propane, and you rent a big propane tank that they come out to fill. You hook up your water with a hose. A few other things I'm forgetting too.
A mobile home operates like a house. There's permanent gas and electric lines buried, and normal sewer and water systems (however they work-- I never see em, so I never thought about how they work??)

There are no restrictions that I know of, in terms of putting on private land. They are like mobile homes -for zoning-- but I'm not sure how you would set up the system for plug in utilities. Probably easier than running underground, in terms of cost, and regulations...

So, yes, Wisteria, with the variety of scale and price, I think you might really want to investigate.

About parks, there are campgrounds with hookups, RV parks (hookups, of course), and most RV parks have a combination of Overnight/short term travelers, and also long term people. In resort areas, as an example, they offer nightly/weekly/monthly/seasonal rates. Nightly and weekly usually includes everything in the price. Monthly and longer offer better rate, of course, but you pay electric separately according to your metered use.

And then there are basic trailer parks, which come in all varieties. I never realized how many people live in their RV as a permanent resident of the trailer park, along with mobile homes. Depends on the park. But these RV people aren't travelling like I was, it was a low cost alternative housing for them.
Me? I preferred the natural setting of campgrounds with campfires, etc., but those are usually limited to a couple of weeks.
I usually stayed in RV parks short term, and took advantage of the amenities: laundry room, clubhouse, etc.
Some of them are designed for the 'big bus' type, luxurious resorts with golf or restaurants. not for me...

My park has about 6-7 spaces, rented for any length of time. I didn't expect to be here more than a month, but a couple of ppl have been here for years. One guy leaves his trailer here for the summer, and takes his smaller trailer somewhere cool for the summer.

So, lots of options. The only reason I even consider moving it as an option (considering the price of gas, and the amount of work it takes to move it) is simple: IM ONLY PAYING $12,000! And, of course, my landlord is willing to move it to wherever I decide in NM. Cant beat that!!
I'm 'hoping' that will be the only time, but hey, the option is there if I really hate my choice of location, or even if I just don't like the park I choose.
My space rent here is $150 + elec (cheeeeep!), and Las Cruces, maybe $250? My mom said she has friends in Oregon paying $450, which I'm surprised.. I've seen that in Tucson in the season, even Las Cruces, but they aren't usually what I'm looking for anyway. I like peace and quiet, no trailer trash neighbors, and relaxed management. No "cats on a leash" park for me.
hope this helps.

Old 06-01-2008, 11:05 AM

Can't wait to meet your friend, Wisteria! Signs of life!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement