Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2011, 11:38 PM
Status: "Hate is too easy, Love takes courage." (set 4 days ago)

1,964 posts, read 3,298,174 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure if i read this whole thread or not - i cant remember! lol..

But i wanted to stop by and say that on the 24th i'm going up to Cape Cod to look at some houses.. i'm excited.

No one is buying mine yet, but i want to look - at least. I can either write some areas off, or know that i WOULD like to live there. And it's going to be a nice road trip with an old friend.

Old 08-15-2011, 07:39 AM

205 posts, read 396,458 times
Default No Place Like Home - Once We Figure What Home Is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzfroggez View Post
i feel like i should say "welcome to Mo's" - sorry, ate there recently and they do sound sincere when you walk in the door.
but seriously welcome dream2020. I don't want to spoil the movie by telling you where Wisteria, Anomoly and others are......in some cases, we are all waiting for them to check back in. I think this is like One Life to Live and several of us have amnesia and will walk back on the set, confused about who we are related to......
Okay, after reading these last few posts, feel I have to check in. And welcome dream2020. This is an ongoing soap opera - "Days of Our lives?" I like to think of us as "The Young and the Restless!" The other night here in Central FL it was 80+ deg. at 9:30 p.m. with really high humidity. This summer has been brutal!!! Or maybe FL summers are getting to me like OR winters to CIB. We won't cool off until end of October/mid November. I'm melting. I am finding retirement is NOT finding your one perfect spot. It may be for some but for others of us ?????? Then again it may be the extremes in weather, missing family, still looking for our niche. This is a great place to connect. There's always someone willing to listen.

Old 08-15-2011, 07:55 AM

Well, I spoke too soon on the soap opera thing. I hadn't read Umbria and mzfroggez yet - love it!!!! Now that is what life is about. Throwing those unexpected curves that keep some of us alive and the rest of us laughing. I feel like the proverbial dog who hasn't quite learned that I will never catch my tail!

Old 08-16-2011, 12:53 PM

7,572 posts, read 8,982,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karcon View Post
Well, I spoke too soon on the soap opera thing. I hadn't read Umbria and mzfroggez yet - love it!!!! Now that is what life is about. Throwing those unexpected curves that keep some of us alive and the rest of us laughing. I feel like the proverbial dog who hasn't quite learned that I will never catch my tail!

Old 08-16-2011, 05:15 PM

1,236 posts, read 4,035,380 times
Wink No more pity-party !

Quote:
Originally Posted by karcon View Post
Okay, after reading these last few posts, feel I have to check in. And welcome dream2020. This is an ongoing soap opera - "Days of Our lives?" I like to think of us as "The Young and the Restless!" The other night here in Central FL it was 80+ deg. at 9:30 p.m. with really high humidity. This summer has been brutal!!! Or maybe FL summers are getting to me like OR winters to CIB. We won't cool off until end of October/mid November. I'm melting. I am finding retirement is NOT finding your one perfect spot. It may be for some but for others of us ?????? Then again it may be the extremes in weather, missing family, still looking for our niche. This is a great place to connect. There's always someone willing to listen.
I've decided to stop whining about relocation and try to be happy where I'm at At least I think that now in the beautiful Oregon summer ! Let's see what I think in the winter

Old 08-16-2011, 05:33 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,319,152 times
Well, as much as I am disappointed I could not leave Portland when I had planned, I am glad I didn't have to put up with the extremely hot summer they are having this year in the rest of the country. Portland has had the cool weather I really like.

Old 08-16-2011, 06:00 PM

7,572 posts, read 8,982,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyIsBabe View Post
I've decided to stop whining about relocation and try to be happy where I'm at At least I think that now in the beautiful Oregon summer ! Let's see what I think in the winter
For what it's worth - I don't recall you whining about relocating - you simply expressed a desire to do so.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:16 PM
Status: "Hate is too easy, Love takes courage." (set 4 days ago)

1,964 posts, read 3,298,174 times
Quote:
I've decided to stop whining about relocation and try to be happy where I'm at
That's because you dont live in Jersey

Old 08-17-2011, 06:02 AM

62 posts, read 97,437 times
Default For now just relaxing and enjoying where I am

Quote:
These words really hit home because just lately I too have decided to just be happy where I am for now. I have been beating myself up ever since my mum died---do I move back to N. California where my only daughter and grandson live, beautiful Maine which also speaks to my soul or stay here in my homeland. I have spent ages poring over real estate sites, reading the many wonderful and insightful posts by the other women on this forum and generally driving myself crqazy with indecision
So for now I am just going to stop some of the angst and enjoy being here in south western Scotland---temperate climate,National Health Service, free bus passes for those 60+ and so many wonderful places like the Western Isles, Rome, Paris etc are just a short journey away. How lucky I am

Old 08-17-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Same here. Have decided I really need to force myself out into the heat and away from the wimpy AC. So have joined a local kayaking group and the local Dragon Boat Club. Am going to my first Dragon Boat rowing session this afternoon. Should be fun - at least interesting!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement