Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2012, 01:08 PM

292 posts, read 357,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentDrum View Post
Not much more than that....just stumbled in here and don't have time to read > 5,000 posts. Figured my retirement research *might* be interesting to others as I assumed Wisteria had made a decision and moved on by now- just used the opening post as a general reference to the ongoing decisions that single women have to make, which I assume is still relevant in 2012. I am curious about what Wisteria ended up doing and if I get time later, I will search her posts.

Thanks for your response!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thgenSF View Post
i don't think she moved yet as i saw a post a month or so ago with the same topic.
Wisteria did move--just not very far. I think she's really happy with her current situation--a mobile home in/near Santa Cruz close to the ocean. I did read the whole thread, little by little. Well, maybe I should say skimmed the whole thread, and it was considerably shorter then. There's a summary of what happened with some of the original posters here: //www.city-data.com/forum/retir...l#post24209559

Old 07-28-2012, 12:04 PM

172 posts, read 251,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thgenSF View Post
dear husband
Thanks for explaining what DH means!

Old 07-28-2012, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sera View Post
Grits reminds me of when DH, Bruce, was newly stationed on the USS Guadacanal, in Virginia Beach, VA; being from MN he never had grits, he thought is was cream of wheat. When he added butter, syrup to it, a fellow sailor asked why he was putting that on his grits.

For myself, especially enjoy cheesy grits and not everyone enjoys grits.

G.R.I.T.S. can be an acronym for Girls/Guys Raised In The South !
Ha, that's cute your DH putting syrup on grits. I probably would've done the same thing

Old 07-28-2012, 07:46 PM

2,862 posts, read 1,807,201 times
Bunny,

Noticed you are from Denver, prayers are going up, continuing for the folks of Aurora. The citizens of Aurora still
must be in a state of shock!

Old 07-28-2012, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sera View Post
Bunny,

Noticed you are from Denver, prayers are going up, continuing for the folks of Aurora. The citizens of Aurora still
must be in a state of shock!
Thank you Sera, I'm sure the people of Aurora need all the prayers they can get! What a horrible tragedy.

Old 07-29-2012, 02:42 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,036,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sueño View Post
Sera,
I have a friend who lives in Gadsden, Alabama while visiting two years ago we drove the
yard sale across Lookout Mountain Parkway into Chattanooga,TN. Loads of fun!

I use a Mac computer, don't know if this will work on other brands.
Hold down the Option key and press n. Release, then press n. This gives you ñ.
Hey there! I just put Alabama on my list and am researching a 20 mile radius in the Gadsen area. If there is more info in this thread on that region or if anyone has thoughts about AL, I would love to hear them. I am at pg 545-ish in this thread - yowza there's a lot here!

TN along Blue Ridge/Smokeys/ Knoxville is still scenically my first love; but the more i do my homework the more choices i seem to have! Great thread - appreciate all this info ftom everyone!

Old 07-29-2012, 04:31 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,433,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
I am at pg 545-ish in this thread - yowza there's a lot here!
Just a CD forum hint - page number doesn't really mean anything, since some of us have the "Number of Posts to Show Per Page" set to the forum default, some are set at 5, and some are set at 40 per page

(To see/change your settings: My Settings -> Settings and Options -> Edit Options -> Thread Display Option)

Old 07-29-2012, 04:37 PM

Thx! Did not know that. At any rate, I'm not yet caught up, lol.

Old 07-29-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBinkies View Post

I've thought a lot about leaving Colorado, going someplace with a lower cost of living so I can get more bang for my buck. But the more I read about other places the more I appreciate CO. We have lots of sunshine, 4 seasons, low humidity, the winters are not too bad - even when it snows it usually melts within a couple days. We also don't have a lot of bugs such as mosquitoes or fleas. Fleas don't really thrive in this dry climate, which is a very good thing for those of us with pets!
r ba
Nice post! I grew up in CO and while my first choice is to relocate to VA, NC, TN, DE, AL...for starters! -- I might have to move back to CO at least for a few years for family reasons. If only i could afford both! One thing for sure: NY is draining me financially and emotionally ... time for a change.

Old 07-29-2012, 05:59 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,630,158 times
10 Worst States for Women
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement