Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 04:00 PM

1,195 posts, read 5,411,529 times

Advertisements

Well we got a tentative buyer for our house, we have a earnest contract with the bank. Sure hope all goes well if so then it is a perfect world. This time anyways
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2008, 03:29 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,625,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tressa View Post
Well we got a tentative buyer for our house, we have a earnest contract with the bank. Sure hope all goes well if so then it is a perfect world. This time anyways
Good luck I hope it all works out for you guys JM

Old 02-18-2008, 10:07 PM

Thank you Jersey Man I appreciate it, we need all the luck we can get right now, I've been praying for the best.

Old 08-21-2008, 07:35 AM

40 posts, read 85,806 times
I have 253 days left until retirement. Did any of you have a difficult time dragging yourself into work every day toward the end? I have to really force myself every day. I started my countdown about 5 years ago so maybe that was too soon. I'm so anxious to leave.

Old 08-21-2008, 01:43 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,019,105 times
I have 134 days to go to retirement (January 2nd) and I almost have to light a bomb under myself to get going to work every morning (at 5:50 am!). After 20 years I am burned out and really ready for a change. My only worry is selling my home here so I can relocate as I wish to do, but it is not a "must" so I will take it as it comes and let the Universe run its course.

Old 08-21-2008, 02:26 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,278,987 times
It'll be here before you know it, slq. Just check back my old posts from March or so. And, now I am retired , finally retired !!!!

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 08-21-2008, 02:27 PM

Well we did it June 1 and there was so much excitment that we didn't really have any trouble or should I say he didn't really have any trouble as I am still working 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off but they offered my something I couldn't resist for the moement, however I now wish I was fully gone from the job. I'm not old enough to retire so I will quit after a few more months of this sweet schedule as they have already paid for my airfare back and forth.

We still have a great deal of exciting things going on around us, my husband has not looked back or regreted his retirement he is only 55 but has 30 years in with the State.

I started my count down at 1,000 days and it goes faster than you think.

Old 08-21-2008, 03:29 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,997,570 times
esselcue wrote:
I will take it as it comes and let the Universe run its course.
What else can we do, really?

If you want reality to be different than it is right now, you might as well try to teach a cat to bark. You can try and try, and in the end the cat will look up at you and say, meow....Katie Byron

Old 08-21-2008, 03:59 PM

40 posts, read 85,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esselcue View Post
I have 134 days to go to retirement (January 2nd) and I almost have to light a bomb under myself to get going to work every morning (at 5:50 am!). After 20 years I am burned out and really ready for a change. My only worry is selling my home here so I can relocate as I wish to do, but it is not a "must" so I will take it as it comes and let the Universe run its course.

You sound almost like me except I would really hate being at work at 5:50 a.m. 8 is bad enough. I'm burned out and my job looks like it's being phased out. We have to sell our house so we can move near family and that's stressing me. My husband had to go on disability 5 years ago and he's been semi-patiently waiting for me to retire so we can move.

I know time will go by faster as soon as the holidays get here.

Old 08-21-2008, 06:40 PM

3,517 posts, read 13,260,698 times
497 days for me. I started at 1000 days too. Those are calendar days - real time left. It gets harder and harder to care at all about work anymore. I start my commute at 530am and don't get home until 6 so I would love to end the loooong commute too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement