Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 07:01 PM

26,653 posts, read 28,677,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
Spoiler
That was the son William, going to Oxford. Lawrence was the one sitting in Judith and John's apartment (and they left him there - then they came home and John was calling Lawrence? Lawrence?)

Spoiler
According to when Caroline told Gillian anyway, LOL. We haven't heard Celia's rant about it yet. Or Muriel's side of it.
Spoiler
Remember, 3 months has passed since the last episode. Now he's dating another copper? Ghods, I don't want a copper like her trying to protect!

Spoiler
We've heard several versions of how he died, and it gets worse and worse. First time it was mentioned that she was abused though.

The friend (Harry) on the barge - cracked me up how Celia wouldn't let Alan set foot on the thing. Like she was afraid it would sink

(Used the show/hide so nobody gets mad at me )
Oh, thank you. I did miss the first few minutes so I didn't even know that this was three months later.

I was glad when Lawrence finally walked out. He thought it would be better staying with his dad? Ha! What a mess and what a b**** that Judith is. He'd be better off with his mom until he is old enough to be on his own. I don't know where he went though. I cannot STAND John and I think he's a mess.

The versions of how Gillian's husband died are intriguing. She has such terrible guilt over it. Her dad seems to think it was something shameful too and that she is in the wrong. Why? Makes us wonder.

newenglandgirl
The only thing I might add about fragile Kate is that she seems really self-centered, foisting a new baby (and getting pregnant through an old boyfriend!!!) onto an iffy relationship with Caroline that hasn't even got off the ground. Sometimes I feel like swatting her. I think I like her least of the entire cast.

Kate reminded me of a teenaged girl trying to get her boyfriend to marry her by getting pregnant. Very immature and selfish. But now she is pregnant and she doesn't want Caroline anyway. She wants her old job back too after the baby is born? I can't imagine how that would work out.

(Can't wait for next week.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2014, 07:20 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,969,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Oh, thank you. I did miss the first few minutes so I didn't even know that this was three months later.

I was glad when Lawrence finally walked out. He thought it would be better staying with his dad? Ha! What a mess and what a b**** that Judith is. He'd be better off with his mom until he is old enough to be on his own. I don't know where he went though. I cannot STAND John and I think he's a mess.

The versions of how Gillian's husband died are intriguing. She has such terrible guilt over it. Her dad seems to think it was something shameful too and that she is in the wrong. Why? Makes us wonder.

newenglandgirl
The only thing I might add about fragile Kate is that she seems really self-centered, foisting a new baby (and getting pregnant through an old boyfriend!!!) onto an iffy relationship with Caroline that hasn't even got off the ground. Sometimes I feel like swatting her. I think I like her least of the entire cast.

Kate reminded me of a teenaged girl trying to get her boyfriend to marry her by getting pregnant. Very immature and selfish. But now she is pregnant and she doesn't want Caroline anyway. She wants her old job back too after the baby is born? I can't imagine how that would work out.

(Can't wait for next week.)
I missed Sunday night, being in a hailstorm out in the country!

So Kate IS pregnant? The story must have jumped quite a bit ahead; you don't know you're pregnant till several months in. Did she get pregnant by the old boyfriend, the jerk that met with them and Caroline didn't like at all? And what was Caroline's reaction to the pregnancy? What do you mean by Kate not wanting Caroline, is she suddenly rejecting her?

I won't get to see this episode till Thurs night now, so please fill me in ~

Old 07-29-2014, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
I missed Sunday night, being in a hailstorm out in the country!

So Kate IS pregnant? The story must have jumped quite a bit ahead; you don't know you're pregnant till several months in. Did she get pregnant by the old boyfriend, the jerk that met with them and Caroline didn't like at all? And what was Caroline's reaction to the pregnancy? What do you mean by Kate not wanting Caroline, is she suddenly rejecting her?

I won't get to see this episode till Thurs night now, so please fill me in ~
I'd be only too happy to fill you in.....now if I can get this straight.

Kate did get pregnant by that old boyfriend whom Caroline disliked. Caroline is appalled. Kate and Caroline broke up because on Kate's birthday Caroline planned a romantic getaway for them and then booked separate rooms! Kate was furious. Caroline is new at this and thought it would be romantic to visit each other in the night. That's what she said anyway.

So Kate is out of the picture until she comes back and informs Caroline that she is pregnant. She also asks if she can have her job back (part time?) once the baby is born. Caroline acts befuddled and I don't remember if she gave an answer or not. I don't know how Kate thinks she is going to support herself and a baby--I thought she was betting on the financial support of Caroline.

Gillian and Caroline have taken on a life of their own, unlikely friends, giggling together in a fancy restaurant and planning their parents' next wedding. You missed Celia's sister who seemed okay but Celia wasn't going to invite her to the next wedding. Somebody spilled the beans and she had to invite her. Maybe those of us who are confused should watch it again if it's on Thursday.

Old 07-29-2014, 09:54 AM

3,262 posts, read 5,001,073 times
You can watch the video of last week's episode at pbs.org.

Old 07-29-2014, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WellShoneMoon View Post
You can watch the video of last week's episode at pbs.org.
On pbs.org, I can only seem to access excerpts. Can you post a link to the latest full episode (is it 5?) ~ I don't want to wait till Thursday! Thanks.

Old 07-29-2014, 11:49 AM

6,420 posts, read 11,594,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
... So what's so bad about the sister? At first I thought maybe she was critical or trying to keep up with the Joneses--there did seem to be a little bit of that when she was asking Alan about his daughter. She did seem stuck up that his daughter only has a farm. A simple sheep farm. Swaledale sheep. oh dear. But maybe she was just surprised. Then Celia says the problem with her is that it always has to be "about her." I didn't really see that in the meetup they had. Maybe it's just meant to poke fun at sibling rivalry where we tend to make a big deal out of what seems like nothing to outsiders. ....

Spoiler
The sister was all me, me, me. She would toss a few 'courtesy' words to Celia and then ignore her and talk only with Alan. And when Celia tried to talk to Alan the sister just interrupted and cut her off. I had the feeling it was a long-time sibling dynamic between the two of them. I can understand why Celia would want to keep distant from someone like that.

Old 07-29-2014, 12:49 PM

Quote:
On pbs.org, I can only seem to access excerpts. Can you post a link to the latest full episode (is it 5?) ~ I don't want to wait till Thursday! Thanks.
I found it! Was going to wait till tonight to watch it but instead just did. Can things get anymore complicated? Reminds me of real life.

Old 07-29-2014, 03:16 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,433,844 times
Fans -

Just don't go to Wiki to look up info on Tango.

They have a synopsis of the episode we haven't seen. Dang my speed-reading eyes!

Good thing I forget easily, LOL

Old 07-29-2014, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
Fans -

Just don't go to Wiki to look up info on Tango.

They have a synopsis of the episode we haven't seen. Dang my speed-reading eyes!

Good thing I forget easily, LOL
Now how am I going to stay away??

Old 07-29-2014, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Now how am I going to stay away??
Oh no. You too?

Thanks, Gandalara. It was a good read.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement