Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 07:57 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,017,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
The point is-do you feel tacky in them?

Clothes should be comfortable and clean; anything else is at the wearer's discretion.
Ha! No, I don't. In fact, because I'm short I think they help to make my legs look longer. Boot cut are terrible on me - I look stumpy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2015, 10:31 AM

30 posts, read 34,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
marilyn and i were in a dennys i think , one summer . marilyn had on like a 3/4 top or whatever you call those things and spandex shorts since we were mountain biking the deleware water gap . coming back from the ladies room a group of older women made comments she over heard about how someone her age should not dress like that.

i think they should have been more concerned about me in spandex , she has better abs and legs than i do. ha ha ha

heck if it looks good , you go girl.

looks ok to me, to funny we have a photo from that day.

They're just jealous.

You both look great!

Old 02-16-2015, 11:24 AM

2,415 posts, read 4,244,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Actually these look good on all women but mature women seem to carry it off best. This is not a fashion article. Be sure to look at the pictures at the end. I first posted this in fashion forum but think retirement age women would appreciate it even more.

What Not to Wear After Age 50: The Final Say*|*Michelle Combs
Women have to bear burdens that us men cannot even comprehend. Having babies (and doing most of the raising them in most cases), menstrual cycles, the barrage of marketed images of what women "should" look like, not to mention putting up with us men throughout their entire life.

They are entitled to wear what they want, when they want, and how they want. End of Story.

SS

Old 02-16-2015, 12:49 PM

106,631 posts, read 108,773,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunny and Duder View Post
They're just jealous.

You both look great!
Awe shucks, thanks

Old 02-16-2015, 01:22 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,966,637 times
Quote:
i think if i was a woman though i would still dress sleazy . i guess it just reflects who i am ha ha ha ... i keep telling myself i am not that kind of guy , but deep inside i know i am lol.
What is your definition of sleazy?

Old 02-16-2015, 01:26 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,966,637 times
Quote:
not sure if you are male or female but if male you seem to know a bit to much about make up. got a secreat you maybe want a share with us ?
The more I see of makeup on older (65+) women the more fake it looks to me. A good friend, age 80 and enviously beautiful, showed up at coffee last week with eyeliner on. She never wore it before and she looked so self-conscious with it, plus it was applied with a slightly shaky hand. I need eyeliner and have worn it 24/7 since age 16, so I don't look as good without it but some women really ought to have more confidence in their good looks and forget the makeup, other than powder. My older sister wears a ton of makeup and bleached hair on top of a fake tan, a triple whammy.

Old 02-16-2015, 01:50 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,354,854 times
Quote:
marilyn and i were in a dennys i think , one summer . marilyn had on like a 3/4 top or whatever you call those things and spandex shorts since we were mountain biking the deleware water gap . coming back from the ladies room a group of older women made comments she over heard about how someone her age should not dress like that.

i think they should have been more concerned about me in spandex , she has better abs and legs than i do. ha ha ha

heck if it looks good , you go girl.

looks ok to me, to funny we have a photo from that day.
I've never understood that 'her/your age' bit at all.
Sounds to me like a combination of pointless 'rules' from many generations ago, and people who resent not looking as good as the person they're talking about.

Old 02-16-2015, 02:07 PM

106,631 posts, read 108,773,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
What is your definition of sleazy?
I think i would dress like a street hooker .

Old 02-16-2015, 02:53 PM

134 posts, read 158,329 times
You guys look great! They were probably jealous. She does have great abs.

Old 02-16-2015, 03:44 PM

6,350 posts, read 11,585,299 times
I dunno, I would have carried a sundress to slip over the outfit for wearing into restaurants etc.

But then again I never really got into the skimpy clothes for biking look. I don't bike fast enough to worry about aerodynamics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement