Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 02:36 PM

30 posts, read 34,752 times

Advertisements

Great thread!

I just found a bunch of video on Youtube of the US Festival II in California that my girlfriends and I went to back in the 80's. Crazy!! So many memories!

Very cool about the relationship between music and memory~

Program for seniors to get ipods loaded with their favorite music:
Home - Music and Memory

Movie about music and memory and how the program got started:
Alive Inside

(We saw it on Netflix. It's really good.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2015, 03:28 PM

15,972 posts, read 10,531,630 times
....and Bob Dylan is on the cover of AARP magazine. He finally made it to real fame.
Don't think twice, it's alright...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL4vZMFYXZk

Old 02-28-2015, 03:29 PM

13,499 posts, read 18,088,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunny and Duder View Post
Great thread!...
Program for seniors to get ipods loaded with their favorite music:
Home - Music and Memory

Movie about music and memory and how the program got started:
Alive Inside

(We saw it on Netflix. It's really good.)
Thank you very much for these links. They are wonderful.

Old 02-28-2015, 04:06 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,361,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunny and Duder View Post
I just found a bunch of video on Youtube of the US Festival II in California that my girlfriends and I went to back in the 80's. Crazy!! So many memories!
Glen Helen Regional Park! I went to both in 82 and 83!
(Also went to both Cal Jams at the Ontario Motor Speedway in the 70's!)

LOL - you have memories? You can actually remember??

Old 02-28-2015, 04:36 PM

30 posts, read 34,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
Thank you very much for these links. They are wonderful.
Welcome. We loved the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post

LOL! The videos help.

Hubby did the Cal Jams. There's videos of those on youtube too. He just showed me the video of Deep Purple and the "I have a better voice" off between the bass player and new singer they had just hired. (Burn?) It was great. All of a sudden the bass player hits these crazy high notes out of nowhere.

We went with my cousins to US Festival II. They got so wasted on Sunday-Heavy Metal Day they slept in the next day, sold their tickets for that day and left. My friend and I walked out to the camping area after Bowie was finally done about 2 am and there was no one there. I mean nobody, period, just a big dirt wasteland. A little guy was walking by himself behind us and gave us a ride all the way home to Huntington Beach. I swear he was the only other person around.

Good times!!

Last edited by Bunny and Duder; 02-28-2015 at 04:46 PM..

Old 02-28-2015, 04:57 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,162,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post

They used to hold Renfair there. I remember the drive in most of all, since there are a lot of people and not so much parking. But it was a nice place for a time warp. Last time I wore the tufted pants and tall boots instead of the inside skirt, and the bodice had a split skirt which trailed. And of course a tricorder and phaser. I had a blast. And the cornish pasties, never have found them anywhere else.

Old 02-28-2015, 05:24 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,162,297 times
I love that our pbs station fills the pledge drive with music shows. They have a LOT of them from the fifties and sixties. I like to clear space on the floor and dance away to the stuff we danced to in the sixties. Didn't need a partner then either.

Of course, Mom LOVED music and always had the raido on. She loved big band and Sinatra and his kind of music too, and so do I. I got to see a concert by a band of surviving actual big band musicians my mom took me to and I'm still counting it as a great moment. I pay as much attention to my sound system which everything patches in as I do the tv/computer/video toys. I like to feel the floor boards move.

I like some of the new stuff, but it just isn't the same.

Old 02-28-2015, 05:39 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,361,883 times
Quote:
I love that our pbs station fills the pledge drive with music shows.
Here too. But I don't like the 50's stuff that much.

Just last night I watched Carly Simon and James Taylor on PBS, filmed at the Troubadour in West Hollywood in November 2007.
I knew all the words

(I also went to RenFaire, LOL!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement