Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2015, 11:52 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,350,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
We've already covered your issues a million times over. Get some therapy or go to the library and read; or meditate every day.

www.revolutionofspirit.com

Yet you would rather spend your time and energy posting the same thing a million times over on CD than do any of those other things.

WTF do I need with New Age-y stuff?

All I need is a decent living environment and enough space to do my online selling from home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2015, 12:33 AM

18,813 posts, read 32,336,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
This was a very intelligent post. I just want to address the highlighed parts. I think my mission in life is to crack the whip on as many people as possible so we won't have droves of people in survival mode in old age in the fist place. This Catch-22 predicament doesn't need to occur nearly as often as it does.
I don't understand this obsession to crack the whip, which Mathjak was saying, too - over other people to make them do what you think they should be doing.

It's not your problem or your business. Not everyone thinks like you do or want to.

Speaking of needing meditation...

Trying to make other people do what you want them to do, and they don't want to do, is just going to drive you nuts. You can't control other people. Relax.

You are assuming survival mode is hell. That's not true for everyone.

In fact, the way some here are so obsessed with accumulating "enough" money, that looks like survival mode to me. That's living in fear, too. Honestly, I think the poor people like me have more freedom than people obsessed with getting enough. We can't worry about accumulating anymore, so that fear is gone. Now we learn to accept what we have, and choose to be happy or not.

My bills are paid, and I have lots of really good food in the house, and money left for the rest of the month. Today I visited my friends at the flea market. Yesterday I took my dog for a long walk in the woods. The day before we went for a long walk on the beach. I'm drinking a not-so-bad California box wine - White Zinfandel while I type on the computer and count my blessings.

The posters here obsessing and writing in bold about how they must make people see the light - are not the poster person I would strive to be in retirement. You don't make it look fun or relaxing in any way shape or form.

You do it your way. I'm good with mine. No need to worry about me.

Last edited by NoMoreSnowForMe; 03-08-2015 at 12:45 AM..

Old 03-08-2015, 12:55 AM

106,059 posts, read 108,035,793 times
sorry , but like bringing fire to the natives i try to help , educate a bit and hopefully bring whatever i can to to the table to make folks a bit more educated on retirement planning of all levels..

I PASS ON THE THOUGHTS AND RESEARCH OF SOME OF THE SMARTEST PEOPLE ON THE PLANET IN THJAT AREA.

if it apply's great , if not then don't read what i post . it is a simple solution.

you may want to do things your way , thats great but that does not speak for everyone out there .

Old 03-08-2015, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
sorry , but like bringing fire to the natives i try to help , educate a bit and hopefully bring whatever i can to to the table to make folks a bit more educated on retirement planning of all levels..

I PASS ON THE THOUGHTS AND RESEARCH OF SOME OF THE SMARTEST PEOPLE ON THE PLANET IN THJAT AREA.

if it apply's great , if not then don't read what i post . it is a simple solution.

you may want to do things your way , thats great but that does not speak for everyone out there .
My point exactly.

This little native does not want your fire. Yeesh, that analogy is so arrogant.

There have been some other pretty smart people on the planet who taught about happiness from within. I promise not to force that idea down your throat.

And please quit yelling.

Last edited by NoMoreSnowForMe; 03-08-2015 at 01:25 AM..

Old 03-08-2015, 01:16 AM

195 posts, read 185,623 times
if you have much going for you, you're retired long before 55. I was embarrassed that it took me more than 10 years. It certainly should not have done so, given what I know. I was lazy about it. Once you know enough, and have the right gear, you know that survival is not really the issue. The issue is thriving and enjoying life, while you still can. Once you're mentally or physically decrepit, no amount of money makes life worth living.

Old 03-08-2015, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
My point exactly.

This little native does not want your fire. Who says the natives aren't fine the way they are?

There have been some other pretty smart people on the planet who taught about happiness from within. I promise not to force that idea down your throat.

And please quit yelling.
that is why you have a wonderful button called ignore. why would you continue to read the posts you don't want to know about ?

i know i certainly wouldn't bother to keep replying to posts to just point out how it doesn't apply to me

if it isn't a post i have interest in i move on.

Last edited by mathjak107; 03-08-2015 at 01:36 AM..

Old 03-08-2015, 01:35 AM

Quote:
that is why you have a wonderful button called ignore. why would you continue to read the posts you don't want to know about ?
Again, why don't you practice what you preach?

You spend a great deal of time here trying to convince people to see things your way. Do you really expect to not be challenged?

You have absolutely dominated a thread that was meant for people to have an opportunity to talk about living in retirement with less than you. You have even admitted you can't relate to anyone in this situation, yet you have used this thread as a personal soap box for your financial/retirement planning speeches and admonishments for those who haven't saved "enough" or done it "right" according to you.

So why on earth would people not be speaking up in this forum? The answer is before you. The natives don't want your fire.

Old 03-08-2015, 01:37 AM

you can challenge all you want but i see nothing to be challenged on . the fact you can't apply the info isn't a challenge it is just closing your eyes to information you don't want to hear.

there are many others who do want to learn about aspects they never knew that they can apply.

i am not dominating the thread . i am replying to the attacks made on me by others who misinterpret things and i am answering questions that those interested are asking. like i said use the ignore button.

Old 03-08-2015, 01:49 AM

Quote:

i am not dominating the thread .
You have posted on this thread sixty-three times (63).

Old 03-08-2015, 01:52 AM

yep , and how many posts are posters engaging me ?

i have no idea why i am even having this discussion with you ,.

don't like it don't read the posts. case closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement