Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2015, 07:30 AM

16,042 posts, read 21,967,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Or put them in a box and shove them under the bed.
Outta sight, outta mind and you don't have to feel guilty about throwing them out.
There's no room under my bed, with all the drafts of novels. Plus, you gotta dust under there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2015, 02:35 PM

331 posts, read 465,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
There's no room under my bed, with all the drafts of novels. Plus, you gotta dust under there!
Oh. You do?

Who knew?

Old 05-20-2015, 06:37 PM

1,154 posts, read 1,425,542 times
10 pairs of clogs put into plastic snap-shut containers and marked for fall/winter use. I guess I can stop buying clogs as I have enough to last me the rest of my life and 5 colors. Another stroller, the Hello Kitty color TV with remote and manual and the smaller Pak nPlay all taken to the Jr League Consignment Store.
Making progress!!!
Spring Cleaning done, too....I love the smell of PINE SOL!
Next: the top of my double closet shelves...OUT to make room for the clogs that I will wear.
Wish me luck! I'm on a roll!

Old 05-21-2015, 07:09 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,760,165 times
Yikes, mook, yer kickin' butt! Go you!

Put some more stuff up on ebay. Got DH up into the shop on Tuseday, more parts up to sell. A great day, he is def feeling better. (pneumonia). We are blessed.

Old 05-21-2015, 02:04 PM

1,154 posts, read 1,425,542 times
I'm on a rooooolllll! Best to GO! with it and UNload more! Son started talk about getting another Boxer dog last night. IF he puts a fence up (I was given the fencing FREE) and makes a doggie in/out door on our back door, I absolutely will find us another rescue Boxer. I cannot and will not do it alone again. My pelvis and hips are still pained from an accident involving a young and goofy Boxer pup trying to chase the squirrels.
She is now with a friend's family with a Turbo Weenie dog for a playmate and 2 young girls to sleep with on the sofa and in their beds. I'm a sucker for a Boxer. Keeps me even MORE inspired to get rid of everything!
We will see....what the son does...LOL.

Old 05-21-2015, 02:22 PM

Yikes, mook, have you seen a chiropractor? Bless you for adopting a rescue.

Old 05-21-2015, 10:35 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,659,938 times
Well the BMW 2002 is all but sold... took a deposit... supposed to pick it up Saturday...

Now I'm thinking what's next...

I have a Deere 110 TLB that I really am not using enough to justify... it is very handy to have around but all of last year I put 24 hours on it... worth more than I paid and at 20k would go fast...

Either that or maybe thin some of the Model A duplicate parts I have... just not sure how many engines I really need to keep for spares...
Attached Thumbnails
What did you do to downsize today?-img_0985-2-.jpg  

Old 05-24-2015, 07:44 AM

LOL Ultra, I know the feeling of 'how many spares'!

Great news about the Bimmer. I've had the MB on craigslist for two weeks, not one phone call. If I don't sell it before we leave I told my step daughter I am giving it to her and her BF. He is a 'car guy' and I know he will get a kick out of it. At least he can sell it or trade it, they can use the money.

SD and her BF are also available to haul with his tractor+lowboy trailer all of our tractors, the backhoe if we take it, and our two trucks. That is really good news.

Old 05-26-2015, 01:02 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,659,938 times
Nice to have your own in-house transportation resources!

The only way for me to move my Cat D3 Dozer was to start it up and drive it!

I have roaded the Deere 110 Backhoe a few times... not something I like to do... but to cheap to hire someone... have trailer... just not enough truck!

Old 05-26-2015, 07:48 AM

LOL, I doubt going from NY to FL would be acceptable by the local and state police, they kind of frown on that

I do have a backup plan, our neighbor has a lowboy, but the tractor isn't registered. He did offer to do it, though.

So happy for you all!

I am getting less worried and looking forward to the move. DH is really relieved that daughter and BF can do the big haul. He felt so much better yesterday.

So good that we completely dismantled the tractor that we've been working on for the last two months. All the good parts are clean and ready to go up on ebay.

The scrap is all loaded on the back of the old plow truck, ready for DH's BFF to take it away and cash in at the salvage yard. Saves us doing it and a little cash for the BFF.

One of his buddies stopped up on his Harley and visited for awhile, It was nice to see DH feeling good.

Another decent week on ebay, more stuff out the door.

Saturday I saw my consign lady, dropped off five boxes and she gave me some cash for the last load. :OK:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement