Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 09:48 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,884,850 times

Advertisements

Great posts in here! Rod like Steven Tyler workout like animals jogging and biking and have for years. I
do Rod stuff at gigs still yet never mastered this great mans signature voice .I'm good but no cigar
can ya dig?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2015, 05:12 AM

2,783 posts, read 2,093,110 times
What a great positive thread! Also been a Rod Stewart fan since the early 70s and agree with everything said here. Musicians that live to ripe old ages seem to always have a lasting joy for life . Look at how much fun Sinatra, Bennett , Engleburt, Tom Jones, etc, who were/ are all even older, still enjoy(ed) life, even right to the end. Gotta love it.

Old 06-25-2015, 09:14 AM

37,825 posts, read 41,155,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
No, but their singing now sounds about the same.
I never think of Keith Richards and singing in the same sentence since he doesn't sing lead.

Old 06-25-2015, 09:21 AM

9,317 posts, read 18,789,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Saw them in Atlantic City last month. Was still a good show. Ringo Starr's son is their drummer. There were quite a few younger people in the audience. As a matter of fact, when my daughter (23) heard The Who on the radio last year, she liked whatever song it was and thought it was a new band.

Last year (or was it the year before?) I saw the Temptations and the Four Tops at the Wolf Trap in Virginia. Of course, it's not all the original members, but a couple of them were still there. I am "only" in my mid-fifties, so they were before my time, although I have older sisters and I know their songs.

At one point, my friend said, "Look at all the people here in wheelchairs", and then a few minutes later she nudged me and nodded across the aisle where a man was happily tapping his cane to the beat.

Keep on rockin', everybody!
Zac Star (Ringo's son) is an awesome drummer and guess who gave him his first drum kit at age 10....Keith Moon. Keith was very fond of Ring's sons and would bring them gifts for their birthday's...in one case rented a pony to deliver Christmas gifts then stuck Ringo with the bill lol. I love rock history...

Glad you got to see their show.

Old 06-25-2015, 10:37 AM

761 posts, read 836,339 times
Rod sure has held up well.

Check out William Shatner's accomplishments at age 84.

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/william-...291944822.html.

And https://www.yahoo.com/tech/captains-...176538399.html

Old 06-25-2015, 11:04 AM

5,139 posts, read 8,877,839 times
Rod sure made the big adjustment to his music and has been wildly successful with it! I love his recent CD's over the past few years, and they always make me feel good...he has held up well and still has that sexy voice! He seems to marry women quite a lot younger than he is too, so maybe that has something to do with it Tony Bennett is another great voice that has stood the test of time.

Old 06-25-2015, 01:03 PM

88,918 posts, read 85,433,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Zac Star (Ringo's son) is an awesome drummer and guess who gave him his first drum kit at age 10....Keith Moon. Keith was very fond of Ring's sons and would bring them gifts for their birthday's...in one case rented a pony to deliver Christmas gifts then stuck Ringo with the bill lol. I love rock history...

Glad you got to see their show.
So am I. Great information, thanks for sharing that! I was really impressed with him.

Old 06-25-2015, 05:07 PM

9,317 posts, read 18,789,555 times
Ringo was such a good friend of Keith Moons, that he named Keith as Godfather to his boys.....I can't imagine lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement