Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2015, 08:03 PM

484 posts, read 472,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
I honestly don't get it. If you're cold, put more clothes on! Unless you're dead, you can thusly generate and trap your own body heat.

"There is no bad weather; only inappropriate clothing."
Amen. I've always thought it's much easier to warm up than cool down.
I am an Ohio native and only 37 now, but I lived in Texas from age 29 to 31, when I ended up moving back home for work. I only lived two full summers in Houston, but I despise hot weather now, much more than I did before I moved south. It's not for me. I need a change in seasons and some relief from the heat, not five consecutive months of 95 and 75 every flipping day.
Give me cold winters over oppressive heat any time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2015, 10:18 PM

7,077 posts, read 6,357,275 times
Amen to that.

Old 09-08-2015, 12:12 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,575,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmave View Post
Give me cold winters over oppressive heat any time.
I feel the same but honestly given the choice between a summer chock full of triple digit days and what Bostonians had to go through this past brutal winter, I could live with the heat.

I prefer something between the extremes of Texas summers and New England winters. Thankfully there are plenty of places in that spectrum.

Old 09-08-2015, 08:02 AM

6,656 posts, read 7,138,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
I feel the same but honestly given the choice between a summer chock full of triple digit days and what Bostonians had to go through this past brutal winter, I could live with the heat.

I prefer something between the extremes of Texas summers and New England winters. Thankfully there are plenty of places in that spectrum.

I agree. There are places that are in between though they also have their problems too. Sometimes the grass isnt as green as we like.

I have not decided to leave or where to leave to. All of this is dependent on several factors. I am looking and for me the fun is in the looking. I hope I can find that special place that I feel at home but not so far away from what I know now. DW and I are not physically tied to our location but we are also hessitant to leave what we know for something we do not know. We certainly will not go blindly. I think once we go some place to check it out we will know almost immediately. It will not take us long to say yes this is it or maybe someplace close to where we visit. All of it is totally dependent on how we feel. We listen to our gut feeling. That is how we got hooked up together so many years ago.

Old 09-08-2015, 04:29 PM

22,125 posts, read 13,232,194 times
Sounds like a marvelous adventure to me; ENJOY.

Old 09-08-2015, 05:16 PM

16,042 posts, read 22,025,220 times
The heat has been pretty insufferable here in NE this whole past week, in the mid-90s ("real feel 100"). I didn't mind summer at all, barely used the central a.c. It's really getting to me now. I guess I'll finally put on the a.c. tonight. How do people live in the deep South???

Old 09-08-2015, 05:17 PM

22,125 posts, read 13,232,194 times
a/c

Old 09-08-2015, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
a/c
Yeah but you can't live 24.7 in ac. It would make me ill.

Old 09-08-2015, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfingduo View Post
I agree. There are places that are in between though they also have their problems too. Sometimes the grass isnt as green as we like.

I have not decided to leave or where to leave to. All of this is dependent on several factors. I am looking and for me the fun is in the looking. I hope I can find that special place that I feel at home but not so far away from what I know now. DW and I are not physically tied to our location but we are also hessitant to leave what we know for something we do not know. We certainly will not go blindly. I think once we go some place to check it out we will know almost immediately. It will not take us long to say yes this is it or maybe someplace close to where we visit. All of it is totally dependent on how we feel. We listen to our gut feeling. That is how we got hooked up together so many years ago.
For every resident who leaves Mass the rest of us get to pay more in property tax. Please stay!

Old 09-08-2015, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post

Please suggest! (not Texas)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement