Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2015, 09:05 AM

2,491 posts, read 2,680,778 times

Advertisements

This thread started out being about how to enjoy life on a budget.
An interesting topic since as we age we realize it is "not all about money".

But it has become a thread about healthcare and Medicare plans.
Little known fact: there is a separate forum for Healthcare and Medicare.

Back on topic. A lot of the most enjoyable things in life are free.
A walk in the park at sunset (or sunrise). A bike ride along a river.
Sleeping under the stars. Summer concerts in the park.
Holding a grandchild. Hugging a loved one. Dancing in the rain......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2015, 09:14 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,114,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post

I think what has happened is that people think about how expensive their insurance is and how it may cut back on the things they enjoy doing. But I see your point and agree with it.

For anyone's information: I put a thread here in retirement regarding lower income retirees, what Medigap insurance do you have? Someone moved it out of retirement into health. I have written a moderator and requested it be returned here to retirement since it involves retired people.

Old 08-19-2015, 10:27 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal2NC View Post
I think what has happened is that people think about how expensive their insurance is and how it may cut back on the things they enjoy doing. But I see your point and agree with it.

For anyone's information: I put a thread here in retirement regarding lower income retirees, what Medigap insurance do you have? Someone moved it out of retirement into health. I have written a moderator and requested it be returned here to retirement since it involves retired people.
Someone reported that thread so it was moved, not by me. Technically it does belong in Health Insurance. Sometimes I wish our Retirement discussions, even if they are about health insurance, could stay right here. Let's not discuss moderator action though--that can get you an infraction.

Old 08-19-2015, 10:36 AM

4,023 posts, read 3,799,960 times
I wish the forums supported tagging instead of folders (sub forums) and thread hiding by user. Then you could tag something as insurance and retirement and people who chose to see either of those topics would see it and if they weren't interested they could hide it. Users of gmail that have had the "oh wow - now I get it" moment with tagging will understand what I mean. Way better than folders.

Old 08-19-2015, 10:57 AM

5,097 posts, read 6,350,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post

Oh, after reading the above I thought it now morphed into a Personal ad?

Old 08-19-2015, 07:43 PM

2,068 posts, read 5,967,961 times
I won't retire for another seven years, I'm sticking with my job for not only the pension, but the health insurance which I will keep. I will probably sell my home at that time and either move to one of the kids (if we can arrange a small apt or house on their property for me) or rent a cheaper apt. I want to rent a home or apt for at least a month every year either here in the US or overseas and I think that is the only way I will be able to swing it.

Old 08-19-2015, 09:28 PM

720 posts, read 766,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Someone reported that thread so it was moved, not by me. Technically it does belong in Health Insurance. Sometimes I wish our Retirement discussions, even if they are about health insurance, could stay right here. Let's not discuss moderator action though--that can get you an infraction.
Okay, I'm really not trying to be sassy, I'm just curious...what is an infraction and why would you get one by simply discussing a moderator's actions?

Old 08-19-2015, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post
Oh, after reading the above I thought it now morphed into a Personal ad?
Yes I like Pina Coladas, getting caught in the rain...

Old 08-20-2015, 02:30 AM

14,016 posts, read 20,910,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay Effzee View Post
Okay, I'm really not trying to be sassy, I'm just curious...what is an infraction and why would you get one by simply discussing a moderator's actions?
It is against the Terms of Service (rules) here to discuss moderator actions in the open forum. An infraction is like a traffic ticket, except there is no monetary fine - they are "reminders" that we have broken a rule. Infractions go on our record and if we get enough of them we can have our posting privileges suspended for varying lengths of time, which is also referred to as getting banned.

Old 08-20-2015, 08:00 AM

Thanks ER. Of course for me that poses a whole host of other questions, but I better review those Terms of Service before I ask them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement