Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 05:49 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,367,350 times

Advertisements

“Nature gives you the face you have at twenty. Life shapes the face you have at thirty. But at fifty you get the face you deserve.” - Coco Chanel

This is mostly a 'for fun' post. No need to come here and tell us how you still have your younger face due to good genetics and a mystery cream. But these are defining years, all those easy laughs get recorded as creases, sleepless nights = bags, etc, etc. When I saw Carly Fiorina's new expressionless face on the news a few weeks ago I thought 'botox'. I have a face that's seen both stress and much happiness. My favorite old face belongs to my husband, it's a happy Midwestern golfers face. Do you have the face you deserve?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2015, 06:22 AM

16,042 posts, read 21,971,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipoetry View Post
“Nature gives you the face you have at twenty. Life shapes the face you have at thirty. But at fifty you get the face you deserve.” - Coco Chanel

This is mostly a 'for fun' post. No need to come here and tell us how you still have your younger face due to good genetics and a mystery cream. But these are defining years, all those easy laughs get recorded as creases, sleepless nights = bags, etc, etc. When I saw Carly Fiorina's new expressionless face on the news a few weeks ago I thought 'botox'. I have a face that's seen both stress and much happiness. My favorite old face belongs to my husband, it's a happy Midwestern golfers face. Do you have the face you deserve?
Yep! I like to think I look better age-wise than Hillary whose face is, imo, really showing her age (hairdo, pantsuits aside). I'm surprised with all her money she doesn't do the fixup thing. But when I look in the mirror I realize otherwise. The face I have does not show any mischief. I have to work on that.

Old 08-23-2015, 06:36 AM

12,062 posts, read 10,274,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipoetry View Post

I was wondering what happened to Carly Fiorina. I couldn't connect this one with the one before.

I guess I have the face I deserve.

Old 08-23-2015, 08:33 AM

2,159 posts, read 1,664,651 times
my face is okay but my neck is getting some serious payback

Old 08-23-2015, 09:03 AM

1,569 posts, read 3,288,784 times
I'm trying to figure out what I did to deserve these fancy new chin hairs . . .

Old 08-23-2015, 09:32 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Since I never quit smoking, I deserve the extra wrinkles.
Years ago, I suggested to my doctor that he points out to young girls the fact that smoking will cause earlier and worse wrinkling in order to discourage them.
He shrugged and said " I just tell 'em it'll give them herpes"

Old 08-23-2015, 09:36 AM

7,488 posts, read 10,488,293 times
I guess I do have the face I deserve...people often asking me what I find so funny!

I'm not even aware that I'm smiling, when they say that!

Old 08-23-2015, 10:20 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,113,548 times
I believe I have the face I deserve. Some years a lot tougher than others; but then some nice years, too.

Liz Taylor is credited with saying that she "earned" every line and wrinkle on her face.

Old 08-23-2015, 02:26 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
If I had that kind of discretionary funds, I would go to Brazil or Costa Rica and not come home till I was brand new.

I look my age. No better and no worse.

And I agree Hillary could use some help!

Ageing is one area where it's worse to be female. Men can be distinguished while women are just old!

Old 08-23-2015, 02:36 PM

15,965 posts, read 7,027,888 times
i like the face i have, even more so since i stopped coloring my hair. the change was gradual but dramatic - both hair and my look. i have always had a young face for my age but now my age and face match. and i don't care about that. when i go out i smooth my hair or fluff it if that is what is needed, line my eyes, put on some lipstick and i am ready to go.

but what i feel bad about is how my posture is changing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement