Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 07:08 PM

7,050 posts, read 6,305,249 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking of getting one because it sounds so good; helpful for my back pain. The company that sells them is first street. I talked with a rep today & it is expensive, $2198.00, $1,999+198 shipping. Medicare may pick up part of the cost but even if they didn't, anything to help the pain would be appreciated. I still can't go without pain pills & that can't be good for my stomach.

Of course I didn't think to call Medicare, the shock of the price made me not think I suppose. But, I should be getting the remainder of the monies from my lawyer this next week & although I will be investing most of it, I do want to make sure I use some of it to relieve the pain. I will be calling Medicare Monday because the customer service rep said they had a contract with them, but wondered if anyone had one or knew of someone who had one.

It has massagers & heat & reclines to numerous positions, including zero gravity. Anyone know anything about these chairs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2015, 07:33 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,047,026 times
Do they have a try it before you buy it plan? If it doesn't work can you return it? I am skeptical by nature so I googled.

Here's one direct from the company and it does have 30 day returns. https://www.perfectsleepchair.com/

Old 09-11-2015, 07:39 PM

That's them I believe. At least it's the same chair. She said they have a 60 day return policy.

Old 09-11-2015, 08:13 PM

22,234 posts, read 19,245,773 times
for $ 2,200 you could get 40 massages (at about $55 each)
or you could get 35 sessions of accupuncture and Chinese herbs from a doctor of Oriental medicine (at about $60 each)
or you could get 30 sessions with a naturopath (at about $70 each)

i guess I wonder why you would get an electrical gadget, instead of natural safe medical care from any of the above licensed health care professionals, who would be more effective in diagnosing and treating and eradicating the underlying cause of the pain, instead of just temporary surface treatment of pain.

or you could spend only about $350, and try 6 visits (2 each of massage, accupuncture, and naturopath) and see what sort of improvement you have in your pain

best wishes and healing to you

Old 09-11-2015, 08:13 PM

2,159 posts, read 1,666,413 times
I bet Medicare pays for the "lift" part of the chair like they do the recliners that lift you to a standing position.

I like the delivery and set up but I wonder how you send it back if you return it. Recliners never fit me because I have a short torso and long legs, but I love my zero gravity lounge chair. It really takes the strain off back and hips.

Could you sleep on leather or microfiber?

I hope someone posts who has one.

Old 09-11-2015, 09:16 PM

7,782 posts, read 6,396,341 times
We bought motorized recliners at Rooms to Go. About $400.

I would never buy unless I can first try.

Leather is no way, hot in summer, cold in winter.

Old 09-11-2015, 10:19 PM

I would choose the microfiber. Why would I choose a chair over "natural" therapy? I have been through so much therapy, an operation & dealing with pain pills, the chair is guaranteed for 10 years & would probably last a lot longer. My mom's has. So it would be a better value in the end.

Old 09-11-2015, 10:25 PM

New computer, I do a lot of shopping online as it's so much easier on my back. When they say you can send it back, they provide the service. It is a good question to bring up if I decide to buy it.

It is a lot of money for a chair & this is with $500 off, but it would be so worth it if I could be comfortable & quit hurting so much.

Old 09-12-2015, 04:50 AM

2,159 posts, read 1,666,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
New computer, I do a lot of shopping online as it's so much easier on my back. When they say you can send it back, they provide the service. It is a good question to bring up if I decide to buy it.

It is a lot of money for a chair & this is with $500 off, but it would be so worth it if I could be comfortable & quit hurting so much.

I read the ad again and they do say they will "come back and get it", That would be worth the 20% restocking fee to me. When I look at chairs online, many deliver to the door and require some assembly.

I have been looking for something similar. I spend a lot of time reading on the deck in my zero gravity lounge chair. It is very comfortable.

Old 09-12-2015, 06:21 AM

3,263 posts, read 5,006,003 times
When they say they'll come and get it, do they mean it? Quite often, companies that sell expensive products to older people promise that you can return the product if you're not happy with it, but they make it very very difficult for you to return it.

Case in point is the Scooter Store. My late husband ordered a motorized wheelchair from them, and when it arrived he hated it. They had promised we could return it, but they made it so difficult for us to do so. It was paid for by Medicare, so the Scooter Store had already gotten their money, and our returning the wheelchair would mean they'd have to pay Medicare back, which obviously they didn't want to do.

We called them numerous times and each time we were assured that someone would be calling us to come by and pick up the chair. Meanwhile the great hulking thing sat in our small house taking up space. It took a very long time before someone finally came and took the thing away.

I know nothing about the company that you're thinking of buying this recliner from. But if I were you I'd try to find reviews online from people who have bought the chair. It's an awful lot of money to spend on a chair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement