Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 02:14 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,024,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
That stuff is potent and works from day 1. No more IBS. Since it is fermented and still alive it is naturally effervescent as well.
All you need is 1 tbsp in 12 oz of water first thing in the morning.

Don't forget to refrigerate. The price blew my mind compared to other vinegar but it is a different thing.
Expensive compared to other vinegar's but dirt cheap compared to other remedies. About to start a cup now mixed in Ginger Pear White Tea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2015, 02:37 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4horses View Post
Some of us are more relaxed with a pet that we can dote on, even let snuggle with us on the bed.
I have two rescue cats. I have no choice in the matter!

Old 10-11-2015, 02:46 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,436,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't sleep View Post
I am living in my private hell. I am tired all the time with terrible headaches. I just can't sleep for more than a few hours a night. I feel so tired and drained all the time.

This all happened when I retired at age 62. I have gone to countless doctors and taken every type of pill, nothing works.

Any other retired folks struggle with sleeping and thus don't enjoy their life?
What did you do for employment what was your typical day like before retiring?

Old 10-11-2015, 03:24 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,814,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeriously View Post
Absolutely not!
Magnesium citrate is a very harsh laxative. If you take the recommended dose of that, sleep is the last thing you will be doing later.

I had a colonoscopy a couple of years ago. The prep for that is to totally clean out your colon the night before.

I was instructed to take citrate, wait 2 hours and then start on the gallon of liquid plumber I was prescribed. The citrate was a good start I'll say that. The gag worthy gallon completed the job.

Old 10-11-2015, 04:22 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,606,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't sleep View Post
I am living in my private hell. I am tired all the time with terrible headaches. I just can't sleep for more than a few hours a night. I feel so tired and drained all the time.

This all happened when I retired at age 62. I have gone to countless doctors and taken every type of pill, nothing works.

Any other retired folks struggle with sleeping and thus don't enjoy their life?
Sounds like either depression or boreedom. Either can be fixed with good sleep hygeine (out of bed at 8, don't go back to bed until 10 pm, no TV in the bedroom), enough exercise (a good long walk or bike ride or swim, at least an hour, every day), and mental stimulation (any hobbies, clubs, volunteer opportunities?).

Old 10-11-2015, 04:35 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,024,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Magnesium citrate is a very harsh laxative. If you take the recommended dose of that, sleep is the last thing you will be doing later.

I had a colonoscopy a couple of years ago. The prep for that is to totally clean out your colon the night before.

I was instructed to take citrate, wait 2 hours and then start on the gallon of liquid plumber I was prescribed. The citrate was a good start I'll say that. The gag worthy gallon completed the job.
You are both right. Magnesium Citrate comes in multiple forms with very different purposes and strengths. He is talking about the supplement version which comes as a pill or tablet. What you took was for a different outcome

Old 10-11-2015, 04:39 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,576,196 times
over the counter Alteril is a combination of melatonin, L-Trytophan, and valerian

Old 10-11-2015, 05:21 PM

8,937 posts, read 20,360,557 times
Some people want to retire, but then, after retiring, they get very bored. That sure wasn't my case, but it does happen. If at all possible, my wife doesn't want to stop working until she is 70. As for me, I was extremely happy to stop when I turned 62 and took SS Early Retirement.

One thing for sure, the human body can only handle no-to-very little sleep for so long and then serious problems can start happening. I've got a few years experience in emergency medical and senior healthcare.

If you've seen your PCP and they have given you meds for sleeplessness and they aren't working, obviously your PCP needs to really look into your body. Blood tests, etc. will help. If the PCP tells you that it's mind/psychology problem, it's time to talk to a professional Psychologist.

Good Luck and let us know what you are told.

Old 10-11-2015, 05:57 PM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
I don't know about magnesium citrate, though. Isn't that a relatively quick acting laxative? I seem to recall the name on instructions for the cleanout before colonoscopies. So not sure I'd take it expecting to sleep.

Old 10-11-2015, 06:10 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,363,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post

I've been taking 1,000 mg of magnesium citrate nightly since 2002. Can't sleep without it! I don't have the problems you write about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement