Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 06:23 AM

25 posts, read 32,681 times

Advertisements

I am living in my private hell. I am tired all the time with terrible headaches. I just can't sleep for more than a few hours a night. I feel so tired and drained all the time.

This all happened when I retired at age 62. I have gone to countless doctors and taken every type of pill, nothing works.

Any other retired folks struggle with sleeping and thus don't enjoy their life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2015, 06:26 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,024,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't sleep View Post
I am living in my private hell. I am tired all the time with terrible headaches. I just can't sleep for more than a few hours a night. I feel so tired and drained all the time.

This all happened when I retired at age 62. I have gone to countless doctors and taken every type of pill, nothing works.

Sounds like a medical/lifestyle problem and not a retirement problem. I might suggest Acupuncture from a skilled holistic/natural medicine practitioner. Especially one who has lived and understands oriental medicine.

Old 10-11-2015, 06:28 AM

106,579 posts, read 108,713,667 times
i can have my wife call you and tell you one of her long drawn out story's with every last detail . works for me ha ha ha

Old 10-11-2015, 06:44 AM

25 posts, read 32,681 times
It all started when I retired. That is why I am putting this on the retirement board.

Old 10-11-2015, 06:57 AM

Quote:
It all started when I retired. That is why I am putting this on the retirement board.
I made the comment I did because we in the forum have differing ideas about what retirement is. If you look at it in the most simple way that you are no longer working you would ask. What is it about work either physically or psychologically your body is missing. If that isn't a simple answer then we go to the next question. What is it that you are doing now that can be creating the problem? Is being at home more increasing your exposure to a chemical or allergies etc etc. Do you wake up with headaches about 3:00 in the morning? Drinking enough water? Oriental medicine says we have a 24 hour body clock and our body performs certain internal functions like clockwork. Are you interfering with that? You internal body functions around 3:00 are critical and can dehydrate you and other late evening activities can impact it. Thats why I suggest Oriental medicine etc etc etc. Has done wonders for me especially in retirement. I have shared some of your experiences and know what causes and how to prevent them thanks to Oriental Medicine.

Last edited by TuborgP; 10-11-2015 at 07:32 AM..

Old 10-11-2015, 07:03 AM

Here is a cheat sheet for you. The reference to Apple Cider Vinegar being Organic means not pasteurized. The brand most often used is Brags available at Whole Foods and other places. Tea is wonderful and COULD be a cornerstone to your life. Many of the applications on the list can be mixed with or come in the form of tea.
Home Remedies for Migraines | Top 10 Home Remedies

Are you aware of the differences between Migraine and Cluster headaches?

Old 10-11-2015, 07:03 AM

5 posts, read 7,249 times
Maybe you need to wear yourself out both mentally and physically to fall asleep? Melatonin might help, maybe. Or, darkening the room enough to re-set your body's clock.

I like the idea of accupuncture, too! That does wonders for me.

Ah, another crazy idea is a Sensory Deprivation Tank....

Old 10-11-2015, 07:07 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,363,772 times
Magnesium citrate works. Start putting out the lights an hour before bedtime and put down the tablet or laptop. Sweet dreams...

Old 10-11-2015, 07:14 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:

I've got the opposite problem since retirement seems all i do is sleep,
8-10 hours a night,another 2-3 hour nap mid morning then another 1-2 hour nap in late afternoon.
I've also gone to many doctors and take many pills and potions, doc says its about the diabetes and the extra 100lbs.

Maybe a key to your problem can be found in a Google search for insomnia,the Mayo clinic link is very good=
https://www.google.ca/#safe=active&q=insomnia

Old 10-11-2015, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeriously View Post
Magnesium citrate works. Start putting out the lights an hour before bedtime and put down the tablet or laptop. Sweet dreams...
Yes, yes yes!
Magnesium for Migraines
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement