Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2016, 04:07 PM

11,337 posts, read 10,997,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Being rich requires either luck (e.g. trust fund or inheritance) or one or more profitable skills. I have no job skills and the one skill I have I cannot use where I live because of my impaired use as a renter. I've tried to sell on ebay but their software does not accept listings without at least one uploaded image. And people won't pay more than a pittance without pictures. And I certainly cannot list 5,000 items in 60 minutes unless I'm willing to accept a lowball price like maybe $1,000.

There ARE dealers who will gladly come and take away everything for $1,000 and then sell it for $15,000 - which isn't what I had in mind.

Job skills, schmob skills. Clean toilets and kitchens. Put up a poster on a supermarket bulletin board and start scrubbing. You need a brush and some Toilet Duck and some Fantastik. Go to the library and learn the business basics for free and open your own business. What you don't have is balls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2016, 04:11 PM

106,122 posts, read 108,094,712 times
hey , you can't post at the same time you are scrubbing . that will never work .

of course his answer is he has no car so he can't get around .

perhaps it is easier if he numbers the excuses . that way he can just go #4

Old 10-25-2016, 04:15 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,292,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
Few were born with a platinum spoon... even a silver spoon.

The SF Bay Area is a draw for immigrants with many starting with next to nothing and it is amazing just how far many have gone...
Yes, that's totally true. Off the boat and within a few years many are highly successful. Why? Hard work.

Old 10-25-2016, 04:23 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,292,511 times
Quote:
Being rich requires either luck (e.g. trust fund or inheritance) or one or more profitable skills. I have no job skills and the one skill I have I cannot use where I live because of my impaired use as a renter. I've tried to sell on ebay but their software does not accept listings without at least one uploaded image. And people won't pay more than a pittance without pictures. And I certainly cannot list 5,000 items in 60 minutes unless I'm willing to accept a lowball price like maybe $1,000.

There ARE dealers who will gladly come and take away everything for $1,000 and then sell it for $15,000 - which isn't what I had in mind.
So you have a college degree, etc. and your one skill is trying to sell 15,000 worth of stuff you have stored?

You know, seriously, I am very good and doing quick drawings with an etch a sketch. However, I didn't believe that was the ONE AND ONLY WAY I could make a living so I decided to try some other avenues...and these avenues didn't require any specific degree or skills. They just required a desire to work.

A DESIRE TO WORK.

Perhaps when you go to bed in your impaired place tonight you should repeat that MANTA.

A DESIRE TO WORK.
A DESIRE TO WORK
A DESIRE....

Old 10-25-2016, 04:29 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,605,414 times
Quote:
When did I choose to impair my internet access?
You seem to be accessing the internet perfectly well, so my guess is never.

Old 10-25-2016, 04:30 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,605,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
When you won't buy a smartphone and sell your collection. That's when.
I've offered him one for free. Several times. He just ignores the offer.

Old 10-25-2016, 08:44 PM

57 posts, read 69,479 times
Lotta dead broke millionaire lotto winners after just a few short years..lol

Old 10-25-2016, 09:23 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,361,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Job skills, schmob skills. Clean toilets and kitchens. Put up a poster on a supermarket bulletin board and start scrubbing. You need a brush and some Toilet Duck and some Fantastik. Go to the library and learn the business basics for free and open your own business. What you don't have is balls.

I have neither a car nor a license to drive. Not sure how I'd lug cleaning supplies around the metro area. This type of work is commonly done by janitorial and maid services which hire people with vehicles to service multiple locations in a single day or evening. Without a car I'd never be able to get from A to B in time to do two cleaning jobs, let alone more than two.

Old 10-25-2016, 09:25 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,361,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
You seem to be accessing the internet perfectly well, so my guess is never.

My internet access is restricted because the person to whom I pay rent did something bad which caused his internet access to be restricted and monitored, so my internet access is similarly limited and monitored, which precludes online sale of my items from this location.

Old 10-25-2016, 09:52 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,030,610 times
Quote:
My internet access is restricted because the person to whom I pay rent did something bad which caused his internet access to be restricted and monitored, so my internet access is similarly limited and monitored, which precludes online sale of my items from this location.
Smart phone.

Ashamed to answer??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement