Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 10:18 PM

1,195 posts, read 5,410,363 times

Advertisements

The time is just ticking by, excitment continues to grow. We've made plans to take our motorhome out the Alaska Marine Hwy looking forward to a wonderful trip. Then onto our property there in Nevada and get our housing going.

We may spend some time with family that we haven't spent quality time with for some time. Will be so nice a new world for us, new experiences along the way. We are looking forward to our new adventures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2008, 05:43 AM

156 posts, read 387,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tressa View Post
The time is just ticking by, excitment continues to grow. We've made plans to take our motorhome out the Alaska Marine Hwy looking forward to a wonderful trip. Then onto our property there in Nevada and get our housing going.

We may spend some time with family that we haven't spent quality time with for some time. Will be so nice a new world for us, new experiences along the way. We are looking forward to our new adventures.
Wow that's so neat...I would be counting the days just like you are...except I would be planning a trip TO Alaska soon after retirement...Glad for you Tressa...and stay excited

Old 02-25-2008, 08:15 PM

6,883 posts, read 11,237,132 times
Smile Keep in touch!

Keep us updated with your posts! It's really interesting hearing all the emotions and the progress!!

Old 02-25-2008, 08:21 PM

Found out today that my husband should be getting a pay increase retro to july 07 which means his pension will be a bit more too. Every little bit helps.

Old 03-02-2008, 03:11 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,668,915 times
Congratulations! It sounds like a great plan!

Old 03-02-2008, 06:07 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Great! my wife and I both have 15 months and are starting to get ready to move also. looking forward to buying a new home in the hill country of texas.Its nice not to have to tihnk of commute time and nearness to work in choosing a home location.

Old 03-02-2008, 06:20 PM

67 posts, read 157,066 times
Congratulations on your upcoming retirement! It sounds like you have some fun things planned out! I have 302 days until retirement and can't wait! Keep us informed on all the things you are doing to get prepared for the big event!

Old 03-02-2008, 08:55 PM

Well we sold our house doing some final items required by the appraiser, also found that we need a new leach field for your septic system but all is good. This coming week they will test our well and pray that all goes well there. Our buyers have no problems with the upgrades that are required of us and thats wonderful.

Trying to locate a moving outfit that will move our household belonging down to NV.

We are down to 89 days and all is good.

Old 03-08-2008, 07:38 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,934,961 times
Congratulations, Tressa. I hope you keep us posted during your trip. I know it's hard to remember to post here once retirement gets into full swing--but it's great for the rest of us to read about your journey.

Old 03-09-2008, 09:41 PM

I will make every attempt to keep posting like others have done I think I would like to start a journal of some sort. The house sale is moving along, received the final walk through by the appraiser and all went well. We are hoping for a rapid closing so we can move in with the MIL and save a few bucks before June 1. She would love to have us there but if not we can live in our motor home.

Catch the ferry out of Whittier Alaska July 30 for a long journey to Bellingham Washington should be an 8 day trip and then down into Nevada possibly visit family for a few days before we stop at our property and settle in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement