Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 09:00 PM

7,770 posts, read 6,376,660 times

Advertisements

I keep 1 jacket and 6 ties for weddings and Christmas parties. The rest of the time it is shorts in summer and jeans in winter along with tees which are mostly souvenirs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2017, 09:05 PM

3,128 posts, read 2,253,831 times
Turned in my company provided uniforms for shorts and flip flops. Life is very good...

Old 01-10-2017, 09:47 PM

555 posts, read 595,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadhogHR View Post
Wore scrubs (pharm. tech), so yes. Traded them in for DIFFERENT loose clothing. Knee pants & T-shirts in summer, Sweats & long sleeve T's, flannel shirts & sweatshirts when cooler. Traded in my all day every day Z-coils shoes for SAS walkers, flip-flops & the occasional houseshoes. Pants, sweaters/blouses & jackets on Sundays. No dresses.....ever. (oops, I DID wear a dress to my son's wedding 4 years ago, has been hanging in closest since. In my daily around the house appearance, I HAVE turned into a slob. Hubby doesn't care.....he has done same!
I actually love wearing scrubs to work; so comfortable, and what a cheap work wardrobe! (I just hate the color I have to wear.) The only problem comes on those below-zero mornings. Brrrr.

Old 01-11-2017, 05:53 AM

50,337 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Oh gosh. All I wear now is stretchy pants, or shorts, and shirts that don't tuck in. Sandals or flats. If it's not comfortable I won't wear it. Around here there are few reasons to wear anything else.

Old 01-11-2017, 05:57 AM

7,179 posts, read 9,306,900 times
One thing that I love about being an old guy who is retired is that I've become invisible. I can wear whatever I want. Nobody cares.

I even some times wear socks with my Birkenstocks.

Old 01-11-2017, 06:00 AM

1,544 posts, read 1,698,541 times
I got rid of 11 bags of business clothes to VOA when I retired. Since then I've lost 30 lbs, so basically I've replaced my entire wardrobe with casual clothes. Lots of workout pants and tops, a couple of nicer jeans and tops for going out. I'm still a bit of a clothes horse because I like to look nice when going out. After years of muted toned business wear, now I opt for color and patterns. No high heels, flats, sneaks and flip flops.

Old 01-11-2017, 07:56 AM

11,046 posts, read 6,632,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
One thing that I love about being an old guy who is retired is that I've become invisible. I can wear whatever I want. Nobody cares.

I even some times wear socks with my Birkenstocks.

You don't!! DH used to wear that lovely combo but now its too hot for socks so its just sandals/flip flops, gym or cargo shorts with loose tops. Yoga pants and MBT sandals for going out at night. Gave up underwear for a 2-piece bathing suit underneath so I can jump in the pool at will.

Had to wear jeans and button-down shirts at work, so now I will probably never wear either again! Good Riddance! Jeans have never been comfortable to me.

Old 01-11-2017, 09:25 AM

3,222 posts, read 4,567,541 times
I love that idea of a 2 piece suit under clothes! Our pool opens in May and I may try that out!

Old 01-11-2017, 09:32 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,764,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
Did you throw out your work clothes or pack them away? Go on a shopping spree for new play clothes? Keep wearing the same stuff on weekends and step it up on Monday if you went out? Decide to live in jammies and to heck with anything else? Perhaps a little breakfast in the buff? What?
I got rid of most of my work (office) clothes except one pair of business-casual slacks and one business-casual shirt. But I got rid of formal dress clothes, suit, formal shoes, etc. It was kind of hard, for one thing I paid a lot of money for all that crap and gave it all away. I joked with my wife about keeping the suit to bury me in, but she didn't think it so funny.

Now all I wear is shorts and T-shirts, almost every day of the year. We moved to Hawaii so also got rid of most of our cold weather clothes.

Old 01-11-2017, 01:41 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,433,203 times
I kept my work clothes but rarely wore them. My uniform now is whatever I was not allowed to wear at work: jeans, sweats, t-shirts, walking shoes and whatever else is most comfortable.

Just another perk of being retired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement