Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 10:14 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,718,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox2 View Post
I take guifennesin for my Fibro, and am symptom free.
I've read a bit about this before, and just spent an hour or so reading pros and cons.

Would you care to start a new thread about your experience, possibly in the Health and Wellness forum? I'd like to hear about it but don't want to derail this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2017, 11:17 PM

497 posts, read 481,794 times
I've used pure CBD oil as well as Cannabis with moderate amounts of THC. THC actually helps the CBD to do it's job. I used it for Crohn's and it made a world of difference in how I felt. If I don't use I feel like I have a mild to moderate case of the flu all the time. I had to stop so I could get a job, so now I have to have a very restricted diet just to feel somewhat normal. It would be really nice if employers were required to allow off work use, but I'm not holding my breath.

Old 02-20-2017, 11:46 PM

876 posts, read 808,861 times
I wish that medical marijuana existed when my late mom was going through chemo. She would have gotten some relief from the nausea, loss of appetite, and all around horrible side effects.

Research is mounting that it will lead to many treatments for chronic and acute conditions like pain, inflammation, muscle spasms, seizures and sleep disorders.

That being said, the term medical marijuana doesn't mean anything the way it's used in most legal states.

Old 02-20-2017, 11:51 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,630,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branDcalf View Post
I am in healthcare and have worked in states with MMJ laws. I have yet to see it help anyone.

Those who used various forms for pain, still refused therapy activities or exercise because of pain. Those who used it for nausea still complained of nausea to me. Those who used it for insomnia, still complained they "didn't sleep good" when they had something to do.

But not a one was willing to stop the MMJ and try anything else. Hmmmm. I also find it amusing that people who scream about genetically modified foodstuffs, often have no issue with genetically modified weed.
You work on a ranch in Wyoming.

Old 02-21-2017, 04:53 AM

3,638 posts, read 3,766,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
You work on a ranch in Wyoming.
I have a ranch and an additional vocation. I like to keep busy.

Old 02-21-2017, 04:54 AM

7,153 posts, read 9,250,931 times
In Colorado pot is legal for both Medical and recreational uses.

Although I have no use for it I've heard lots of stories about how Medical Marijuana has helped people to control pain.

I'm glad it's available. If I need it, I know where to go.

Old 02-21-2017, 07:03 AM

888 posts, read 888,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branDcalf View Post
I am in healthcare and have worked in states with MMJ laws. I have yet to see it help anyone.

Those who used various forms for pain, still refused therapy activities or exercise because of pain. Those who used it for nausea still complained of nausea to me. Those who used it for insomnia, still complained they "didn't sleep good" when they had something to do.

But not a one was willing to stop the MMJ and try anything else. Hmmmm. I also find it amusing that people who scream about genetically modified foodstuffs, often have no issue with genetically modified weed.

Enjoyed your perspective that I find more insightful that those from one of many Ashley Roachclip-like characters who marvel at the awesome benefits of medicinal marijuana. "Yeah man, it's great!"

What gets me about medicinal marijuana, is it prescribed like a mainstream prescription with a very-specific dosage and other caveats? And do "patients" who receive a perscription get a pharmacy consult with fine-print caveats about how side effects include a long-list of risks that would scare even the toughest of the toughest to death?

Old 02-21-2017, 07:25 AM

7,153 posts, read 9,250,931 times
Colorado State Song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f-BUt0Eywg

Old 02-21-2017, 07:46 AM

11,044 posts, read 9,678,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borninsac View Post
Enjoyed your perspective that I find more insightful that those from one of many Ashley Roachclip-like characters who marvel at the awesome benefits of medicinal marijuana. "Yeah man, it's great!"

What gets me about medicinal marijuana, is it prescribed like a mainstream prescription with a very-specific dosage and other caveats? And do "patients" who receive a perscription get a pharmacy consult with fine-print caveats about how side effects include a long-list of risks that would scare even the toughest of the toughest to death?
If people read (or listened closely to the commercials) about all the side effects and possible bad results from the pharmaceuticals they take, they probably wouldn't take them either.

Old 02-21-2017, 09:02 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,713,608 times
I'd like to see if it can treat my PTSD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement