U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 05:41 PM

2,132 posts, read 1,341,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
I know this is C-D but that's a whole lot of statements that have no facts to back them up. You have no facts because almost everything you alleged is factually wrong.

To use a favorite phrase of yours, "I'm quite sure" you're totally impartial, right?

You're "quite sure" the warehouses aren't air-conditioned adequately? How would you know? You've never been in one. I have. In Phoenix. IN SUMMER.

Amazon kicks out abusive customers who order and return, order and return, order and return * 50 because there are always a few bad apples who like to "rent" stuff, then send it back. As an Amazon Marketplace merchant who has to pay fees for every item returned, I'm happy they get rid of the parasites. A customer has to be flagrantly fraudulent to be locked out of Amazon. I had a customer who returned 80 items and kept 2. She was allowed to keep buying.
Sadly there are plenty of facts that support what I've said - and when there weren't, I said so. I don't trust Amazon any further than I can throw them.

The problem with Amazon shutting you out of your accounts is that there is no definition of what constitutes "too many" returns. Define it. THEN I won't worry. And there are a plethora of other reasons Amazon has done this to people, many of which are just plain shady practices.

The fact remains - if you don't want to sell to someone any more, fine. But to shut you out of your account altogether so you no longer have access to your records or purchased digital content is pure theft. You already paid for that stuff. It is yours. Until Amazon decides it isn't any more.

In addition I have NEVER seen Amazon sever ties with a company that is clearly using fraudulent tactics. I have had personal experience with this. I bought a battery for a cell phone that was advertised as a new product. What I GOT was a very old battery that did not work and had had the serial number sanded off. It was visibly decrepit and shipped in a clear plastic bag. There were MULTIPLE reports from others of this practice. I contacted Amazon about it several times and never heard back AT ALL.

That company is still selling used batteries as new to customers today, almost 7 years later. Because the cost of these is usually under $15, many people just complain and replace it. So they continue to get away with cheating customers. How many hundreds of thousands of dollars has this one company cheated Amazon customers out of over the years?

You give me some hard evidence that the warehouse in Stead is cooling to a comfy 72F. That will assuage my concerns. However, my "I don't believe" is just as valid as yours is.

Get over it or don't. The fact remains that Amazon is one of the worst companies for the rank and file to have to work for.
Rate this post positively

Old 05-03-2017, 06:13 PM

14,194 posts, read 27,139,497 times
Integrity Staffing. Worked in Las Vegas, not Reno. Mickey Mouse hiring process.

HORRIBLE job. Bad working conditions. Poor access to water and restrooms. Miserable heat. Hard work. You can easily log 16 to 20 miles a day and your feet will never be the same. You will be in pain all the time. And you gift them with a free hour of your time every day waiting to go thru security so they can make sure you are not stealing from them. Some shifts are 12 or 10 hours and during the Christmas/Holiday rush they will often schedule you 6 or 7 days a week. Even the young people were falling apart by the time it was over. You might have the luxury of a half hour for lunch but 20 minutes of that time is gone by the time you walk to and from the breakroom.

Pay is a little better than plain old retail. No benefits, you are a contractor. Managers and computers watch your every step and you are always under surveillance. And if you make the goals they set for you, the only reward is higher goals. They will dangle the carrot of permanent employment but it never happens.

A terrible job! Seriously, I would rather shovel sewage. By their standards I was a success but it was the worst job I ever had and I would never do it again.
Rate this post positively