Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2017, 07:20 AM

172 posts, read 186,342 times

Advertisements

$30,800

Lets go Baby steps... Dave Ramsey

Old 04-27-2018, 06:39 AM

Default Im back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasurebeachguy View Post
$30,800

Lets go Baby steps... Dave Ramsey

dropped off switched jobs twice - got laid off and moved two times. Life is a trip...

Just sent in $1700 today new balance coming soon....

Old 04-27-2018, 07:19 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,224,257 times
Man, I was wondering about you when I was sitting at Edddie's in Dunedin last month. Looking forward to an update.

Old 04-27-2018, 06:03 PM

6,769 posts, read 5,490,348 times
Treasurebeach:

You still need to get real about your situation.

Changing jobs, moving causing stress to yourself and drowning yourself in what you spent money on that wasn't paying bills, got you off track.

Make it a game to pay down/pay off stuff.

Keep expenses low. Learn to cook, take baloney or ham sandwiches to work. Keep groceries,to basics.

Stop buying any thing you can't eat or MUST HAVE to wear, but only for work, and only if things like totally outdated wardrobe ( bell bottoms for instance) or you lost/ gained weight and NEED new clothes. Keep only 3 outfits for home and 2 or pajamas. Keep work wardrobe limited. 7 or undies and socks, if you have bought more, you bought too much. As i gained weight, id buy a complete new wardrobe. Now on the way back down, I only buy when the clothes hang off me, one pr work pants and one leisure, 2 pr "dress,shorts, "2 pr casual shorts. And 2 pr pjs. 2 shirts, one work, one casual can double for work. In other words, only 10 items, plus the 7 undies and socks. Im between sizes now, but will wait 3 more inches off waist before I replace. If YOU dint have such a problem, then DON'T buy any clothes.

Keep your belongings to minimal.

Send as much as you can to IRS for 2 weeks, then send as much as you can to student loans the next two weeks. Make it a game to see how far down you can make it go.dint go by monthly payments, you get in an extra months,worth if you go by 2 week periods.

Keep away from credit cards, and only buy food that you can pay for each month. Cash or pay off credit good you charge. Hot dogs and baloney and bread. Peanut butter/jelly. For work lunches with a piece of fruit or 2.

Don't stress, make A game, " how cheap can I live this month" and " how much can I pay this month".

Stick to a job. Unless out off work, stay stable for a few years. If you are still making $120k, you should have $110k debt paid for in two or three years, you've already started.

GET INTO THERAPY. You might have a mental illness, I'm thinking bipolar, you admit to depression, but sounds like a lot of mania going in too. Ask me how I know, I'm bipolar. Took 4 years to find right meds, but I worked on myself at the same time too. I would not miss therapy If you paid me now. Spent several trips to psychiatric programs, tried serious suicide attempts ( apparently I failed at life and THAT too) before I found right combo of meds. If you are self medicating ( drinking, food, drugs, sex, shopping, travel etc), STOP IT. with therapy you will succeed.

GET yourself goals and direction. Keep working on it.

Once all paid off, put all that into retirement, and work to at least 65 if not 70, then watch your pennies, but you can tgen budget out spending and you'll be ok.

If you make a budget and stick to it now and in retirement, you'll come out ok. But get in the habit now.

All this ask me how I know. Lol

You CAN do it.

YOU ARE doing it!

Old 04-28-2018, 02:40 PM

1,110 posts, read 896,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasurebeachguy View Post
I am there, just left a retreat here SOS.org and feel really positive. You see the thing about America is anyone with a dream can turn this around. I never discussed other possible income streams I could create to help speed up my progress.
Just make sure they are on the up and up!....

Old 04-28-2018, 04:13 PM

908 posts, read 961,542 times
great job! i haven't read this thread since almost a year ago. it's amazing what can be done when we're focused on the goal!

Old 04-29-2018, 09:36 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,450,383 times
Hope it all works out for you TreasureBeachGuy!

Old 05-12-2018, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyhi View Post
Treasurebeach:

You still need to get real about your situation.

Changing jobs, moving causing stress to yourself and drowning yourself in what you spent money on that wasn't paying bills, got you off track.

Make it a game to pay down/pay off stuff.

Keep expenses low. Learn to cook, take baloney or ham sandwiches to work. Keep groceries,to basics.

Stop buying any thing you can't eat or MUST HAVE to wear, but only for work, and only if things like totally outdated wardrobe ( bell bottoms for instance) or you lost/ gained weight and NEED new clothes. Keep only 3 outfits for home and 2 or pajamas. Keep work wardrobe limited. 7 or undies and socks, if you have bought more, you bought too much. As i gained weight, id buy a complete new wardrobe. Now on the way back down, I only buy when the clothes hang off me, one pr work pants and one leisure, 2 pr "dress,shorts, "2 pr casual shorts. And 2 pr pjs. 2 shirts, one work, one casual can double for work. In other words, only 10 items, plus the 7 undies and socks. Im between sizes now, but will wait 3 more inches off waist before I replace. If YOU dint have such a problem, then DON'T buy any clothes.

Keep your belongings to minimal.

Send as much as you can to IRS for 2 weeks, then send as much as you can to student loans the next two weeks. Make it a game to see how far down you can make it go.dint go by monthly payments, you get in an extra months,worth if you go by 2 week periods.

Keep away from credit cards, and only buy food that you can pay for each month. Cash or pay off credit good you charge. Hot dogs and baloney and bread. Peanut butter/jelly. For work lunches with a piece of fruit or 2.

Don't stress, make A game, " how cheap can I live this month" and " how much can I pay this month".

Stick to a job. Unless out off work, stay stable for a few years. If you are still making $120k, you should have $110k debt paid for in two or three years, you've already started.

GET INTO THERAPY. You might have a mental illness, I'm thinking bipolar, you admit to depression, but sounds like a lot of mania going in too. Ask me how I know, I'm bipolar. Took 4 years to find right meds, but I worked on myself at the same time too. I would not miss therapy If you paid me now. Spent several trips to psychiatric programs, tried serious suicide attempts ( apparently I failed at life and THAT too) before I found right combo of meds. If you are self medicating ( drinking, food, drugs, sex, shopping, travel etc), STOP IT. with therapy you will succeed.

GET yourself goals and direction. Keep working on it.

Once all paid off, put all that into retirement, and work to at least 65 if not 70, then watch your pennies, but you can tgen budget out spending and you'll be ok.

If you make a budget and stick to it now and in retirement, you'll come out ok. But get in the habit now.

All this ask me how I know. Lol

You CAN do it.

YOU ARE doing it!

I hear you and printed this out and will hang it up in my bathroom to ready everyday. I am bull****ting and using stress for an excuse. I notice as I got older life caught up to me and its been harder and harder to deal with stress. Lastnight I was sitting at a bar "which i should stop doing immediatley" and a young girl sat down with a shirt on that said "Math is hard, life is hard - get Over it." Job interview tuesday that will possibly get me a base of $120,000 or more before bonuses. Been trying to get my head back into this scene. I got way off track..

Old 05-12-2018, 11:01 AM

Paid another $1000 today may 12th will have a new balance soon

Old 05-12-2018, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
hope it all works out for you treasurebeachguy!
thanks gotta lock in and get this done
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement