Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 03:15 PM

6,438 posts, read 6,918,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Recall Michelle Phillips of the Mamma & Pappa's? She broke my heart and never even knew it.
Of course I do. There were lots of pretty girls around in 1969, as there still are. Linda Ronstadt was a better singer and Joni Mitchell was a better writer, but I liked Michelle Phillips too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2017, 04:41 AM

155 posts, read 156,441 times
I was too young (13 that summer) and we were on our typical August family vacation that weekend. I've always been a "student" of Woodstock and the music, though. Forever thankful that they managed to swipe / borrow the film used to record the movie -- I forget the story now, but the filming was another one of those things that almost didn't happen. There is a group that has managed to cobble together over 90% of the audio from the concert itself. You can't buy it because licensing all the acts these days would be impossible but it sometimes floats around in bootleg circles.

The Director's Cut of the movie on DVD is well worth the price.

Old 08-17-2017, 01:30 PM

5,182 posts, read 5,251,926 times
Age 25, still sowing wild oats, and a lover of (1950s) rock and roll, but the hippie and drug culture turned me off. Have to admit that a lot of late 60s music was cool but my bias against the culture itself didn't allow full enjoyment. Having said that, my favorite local group playing the night club scene around town performed at Woodstock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement