Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 11:20 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,888,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsoldier1976 View Post
no there are a few Patriots fans that do not like the Pack.

I tried to rep you but the link isn't working for some reason. At least right now.
And, really? Who doesn't love the cheese!!
BTW, even though fall arrives Friday, here in southern Wisconsin, the forecast for Friday is 90 degrees. We have had the strangest weather all summer. It did nothing but rain all July, and then at the end of August it was 60 degrees and raining. And now, apparently we're finally getting summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2017, 12:34 PM

3,071 posts, read 1,682,055 times
I hate fall. Unfortunately, my favorite holiday - Halloween - is in the fall and some years the weather is too crappy to lure visitors over (we put on a big outdoor display). But I dislike fall because the late portion of it is so dark, then it leads to winter, which always seems long here in the NW.

Old 09-20-2017, 07:19 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,078,859 times
Around here, the onset of Fall (officially this Friday) has brought an end to high 90's to low 100's for temperatures, lately has been 60's to 70's in the day, 40's to 50's at night. This is a more comfortable temperature, I'm not sweating if I walk a bit or other mild exertion. Makes me think about the hunting seasons about to open, maybe I can get out a bit more this year. At least birds and small game. We heat with wood and I approach that like a hobby, I like the scent of fruit wood burning, and while it's not really scientific to say so, the heat from a wood stove seems to me to be more pleasant than a gas-forced-air system.

Winter in Eastern WA is generally not all that severe, freezing temps but not all that cold, usually not much if any snow, a lot of the time we do have fog in the evenings and nights. Notwithstanding last year's "snowmageddon" events...so hopefully not much to dread.

In any case I will enjoy what we have now.

Old 09-21-2017, 12:46 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,888,406 times
This will certainly be a strange arrival of fall Friday here in Wisconsin. We hit a record high yesterday of 91, and the prediction for Friday is 90. And this after daytime highs of low 60's in August. Quite bizarre. I am of course loving the hot weather, and think it's about time after the cold wet summer we had.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement