Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 09:48 AM

1,886 posts, read 1,839,146 times

Advertisements

Sucks when our bodies betray us!! Grrrrrrr
I'll be walking down some stairs and I'll get this horrible twinge in my knee.....or I get arthritis in different places here and there that come and go. Yup, "the motor is sputtering" LOLOLOL
I laugh to make myself feel better but inside I'm saying "Hell, I don't feel old in my mind".
(and I just turned 56)
All downhill from here I guess. HA!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2018, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post

i always say getting lucky now is when she leaves you alone ha ha ha .

my fantasy is to still have 2 women but that is only so they have someone to talk to while i nap .
BaaaaaaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....that is hilarious! I almost spit out the water I was drinking when I read that.

Thanks for the laugh

Old 01-03-2018, 09:57 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sombrueil View Post
I'm 61, and feel pretty good, actually. I have taken up horseback riding, which has a lot of built in exercise (mostly shoveling poo). I lost 25 pounds and found my flexibility and balance has magically increased.

I'm in the middle of packing for the relo of a lifetime, and yesterday, skimming some old journals and letters from when I was in my twenties, I thought, thank Jesus I'm not THAT person any more! What a self-absorbed conflicted confused mess she was. Much happier being the person I am now.
Oh to see/feel 60 again, I was still going to the gym into mid 60's....arthritis took control and NOW at 79 body is pained too much. Face looks good but body...arthur itis likes it.

Old 01-03-2018, 09:59 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyRoos View Post
Sucks when our bodies betray us!! Grrrrrrr
I'll be walking down some stairs and I'll get this horrible twinge in my knee.....or I get arthritis in different places here and there that come and go. Yup, "the motor is sputtering" LOLOLOL
I laugh to make myself feel better but inside I'm saying "Hell, I don't feel old in my mind".
(and I just turned 56)
All downhill from here I guess. HA!!
You are a baby and work to keep that knee(s) working for more years. Cosamin DS is a quality product and I'd recommend it for management and prevention for advancing arthritis.

Old 01-03-2018, 10:44 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,887,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingDeadGirl View Post
It's worse when "in your head" remembers yourself as an athlete, professional dancer, etc. It's depressing.

A few years ago, I tried to jump over a short wall in the airport parking lot, remembering that it was easy (all those years of ballet!) Imagine my horror when I didn't clear it and fell down, flat on my face! Stupid me. I was seriously embarrassed.
Similar thing happened to me last summer. I jumped DOWN from a wall probably about 3 feet high. My knee gave out and I fell down! And in front of a bunch of people, most of whom probably assumed I was drunk on a sunny summer afternoon at a beach side bar. (I wasn't.)

Old 01-03-2018, 10:57 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,887,682 times
I have a bunch of exercises I do for my arthritic hips and shoulders. Most I learned in physical therapy when the arthritis was diagnosed, some were taken from a yoga DVD my daughter gave me. Trouble is, they're not a cure-all, and sometimes I have to lay off some of them. Then I never know if my latest ache or pain is from doing the exercises, or NOT doing the exercises!

Old 01-03-2018, 11:01 AM

716 posts, read 393,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Yes, me.

I am around 16 years old in my head. I'm not anywhere close to that age in my body. I can't run anymore. I can't exercise anymore. My balance sucks half the time. If you were to meet me you'd think I was healthy as a horse (where did that saying come from?), but it's a sham.

I protest! But it does me no good.

Oh, and I irritate a lot of others as well, but for a different reason. LOL!
When I turned 60, I started aging in dog years...

Old 01-03-2018, 12:06 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Just got back from the gym - though I've been going to water aerobics, I haven't been weight lifting or doing any other cardio and I just started feeling so guilty. I mean, I am AT the dang gym. There is the equipment. I'm paying for the membership, so just do it, right?

Oh my gosh. So yeah, I did it but I sure do remember when it wasn't this hard to do a reps cycle around the machines. Now I'm lowering the weights more and more and huffing and puffing. Sheeze.

Old 01-03-2018, 12:13 PM

1,959 posts, read 3,101,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.cool View Post
I have a bunch of exercises I do for my arthritic hips and shoulders. Most I learned in physical therapy when the arthritis was diagnosed, some were taken from a yoga DVD my daughter gave me. Trouble is, they're not a cure-all, and sometimes I have to lay off some of them. Then I never know if my latest ache or pain is from doing the exercises, or NOT doing the exercises!

Same here. But at least if we'd get off our dead butts and DO the exercises, perhaps we could clear those walls on a single leap and so forth.

Old 01-03-2018, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
You are a baby and work to keep that knee(s) working for more years. Cosamin DS is a quality product and I'd recommend it for management and prevention for advancing arthritis.
I will look into that Cosamin DS! Thanks for the tip!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement