Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 12:07 AM

371 posts, read 288,063 times

Advertisements

It helps me to........

1. Eat Organic whole Foods & Exercise
2. Listen to online sermons
3. Cycle 3x per week
4. Socialize
5. Long hot Shower right bed
6. Sleep outside under the stars
7. Avoid driving as much as possible
8. Garden/dig in the dirt for 1-2 hrs almost always elevates my mood. Dirt can be an antidepressant per some studies
9. Watch/play with chickens

kava kava used to work for me but it's difficult to get good stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2018, 12:13 AM

11 posts, read 8,111 times
1,3,4,5 , These are very helpful to me,Avoid being alone, and things will get worse and worse.

Old 05-15-2018, 01:02 AM

18,813 posts, read 32,512,273 times
For me, what helps:

Eat healthy food
Exercise - I mainly walk my dog
Leave early for appointments
Avoid caffeine
Avoid watching the news if I'm feeling stressed
Pick one goal for the day and accomplish it - anything else is gravy
Light candles
Grow plants
Have a pet

And my very favorite new medicine is Andrew Johnson meditation apps. He's got the most lovely Scottish accent. I have always disliked listening to meditation recordings - something about their voices would grate on me. But, I love Andrew Johnson. You can get his apps in the App Store or Google Play. Just search the term "with Andrew Johnson" For some reason if you just put his name in, you might not find them all.

I also subscribe to his website, where he has recorded lessons on different relaxation techniques. I also follow him on Twitter. He has nice uplifting messages. I like him because he just seems like a nice guy, not some guru salesman type. And his voice is just so kind and friendly.

This is his website:

https://holistrio.com/

You can check him out for free on YouTube, to see if you want to buy his apps - which by the way are only $2.99.

https://www.youtube.com/user/RelaxWithAndrew/videos

I highly recommend the Deep Sleep with Andrew Johnson:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/deep...337349999?mt=8

So, I've added meditation techniques to my lifestyle changes to help with anxiety, too. These are really helping me. I always fall asleep before the recording ends. His meditations are also a type of hypnosis technique, so they include suggestions to change your behavior or thinking - like he'll say you're going to fall asleep faster and sleep more soundly from now on, type of thing. And it actually works. When I hear him start talking in his lovely Scottish accent saying "Take some time now to get comfortable. It doesn't really matter how you lie down on your bed, as long as you're comfortable..." my whole body just starts to relax.

Old 05-15-2018, 03:21 AM

314 posts, read 238,531 times
Default ...living the good life...

Exercise - for me that means stopping at the mall [during my errands] for a 40 to 60 minute walk at a brisk pace.

Eating healthy - no fast food. I grab a dollar tea at Hardee's to go with my packed sandwich.

Saying hello to people.

Sleeping well.

Doing chores without killing myself.

Enjoying a good book.

Taking time to talk to people.

Counting my blessings.

Hitting the Rep Point button.

Old 05-15-2018, 05:20 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,906,179 times
A walk along a body of water.

Old 05-15-2018, 06:23 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,369,132 times
CBD oil
Guided meditation
Walking
Keep away from antagonists

Old 05-15-2018, 07:11 AM

5,097 posts, read 6,350,110 times
Depends if the anxiety is chronic or situational.

I gratefully don't experience much anxiety at all. When I have it is always situational, family illness, etc. But it passes.

During those times I give myself pep talks. I also use A LOT of humor, for me that is a must.

Old 05-15-2018, 07:18 AM

12,062 posts, read 10,277,063 times
For me it seems to be medication

I was anxious all winter. I thought it might be the weather.

I finally went and had bloodwork done for my thyroid. My prescription ran out and it was time to do the bloodwork to have it refilled.

Turned out I had to be put on a higher dosage. After being on it for a few weeks, I feel so much better overall.

Old 05-15-2018, 07:47 AM

35,081 posts, read 31,313,313 times
Trying to avoid the anxiety triggers. My mother has been badgering me about several things lately that don't impact her and are not her decision to make.

Old 05-15-2018, 08:01 AM

2,061 posts, read 1,958,834 times
If situational-

Cuddling with my husband
Playing with my dog
Long hot soak
Long walk
Glass of wine

Never had chronic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement