Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2018, 06:43 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,363,197 times

Advertisements

Beautiful woman then and now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2018, 06:56 AM

8,673 posts, read 22,903,080 times
There are thousands of women that you could apply all the filters and airbrushing available and they still couldn't hold a candle to Jane Seymore. I'm envious - good for her.

Old 02-24-2018, 07:16 AM

12,381 posts, read 8,134,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
I thought Playboy had stopped nude pics, so I guess this will be just sexy pics.

Good for her. Show to people that women of a certain age can still look great. All the models wear makeup and have some surgery, of course. Joan Rivers said anyone in the entertainment business over age 25 has had something done, including the men.

It's about time we started seeing people our own age being represented in magazines.
I think they brought back nudes after a couple of years. In any case they always made the non nude pictorials for a big enough celebrity, going beyond just a cover photo. Meanwhile mid-range and fading celebrities hoping to advance their career or those chosen who were not good enough when they bought the rights of the photos until that someone became famous like Suzanne Somers of Three's Company, appeared nude.

Old 02-24-2018, 07:28 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,256,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
I thought Playboy had stopped nude pics, so I guess this will be just sexy pics.

Good for her. Show to people that women of a certain age can still look great.
... For a 67 year old. Don't forget that.

Old 02-24-2018, 07:45 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,349,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
The pics are very nice. However, they are HEAVILY photoshopped and shot with filters, making her look much younger than she is. Don't get me wrong, she is and always was a beautiful woman. But these pics are just not "real."

Good for her, though.
Nothing is "real" any more - it's either heavily photoshopped or at least enough to suit modern sensibilities.

Old 02-24-2018, 10:32 AM

3,217 posts, read 2,424,750 times
She actually still looks good and she looks close to her age https://www.today.com/video/jane-sey...-1108971075675

Old 02-24-2018, 11:20 AM

260 posts, read 234,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMoney View Post
There are thousands of women that you could apply all the filters and airbrushing available and they still couldn't hold a candle to Jane Seymore. I'm envious - good for her.
Very true. It takes more effort to look this good at her age and the inevitable comments about hair color, photo shop, income and surgery are to be expected in some quarters.

IMO it is easier and more common not to look this good at her age but I give her credit for her effort to maintain her genetic advantages. It probably makes her feel good too.

Old 02-24-2018, 03:23 PM

876 posts, read 812,518 times
She's always been blessed in the looks department. She also seems to be a good soul, and if you last as long as she has in Hollywood, she's got to be pretty tough as well. Even though she posed nude for Playboy 3 times, she still manages a wholesome image.

Old 02-24-2018, 04:06 PM

2,103 posts, read 1,931,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
That is not the natural hair coloring of a 67 year old.

Just sayin'.

I want to see a pic of her with her uncolored hair and no makeup.

No photoshop, either.
Why? Do you think that older women should not color their hair and wear no makeup?

I just watched a video of her posted by another poster. Yes, she looked older in the video than in magazine pictures but she is still very beautiful without photoshop. Magazines routinely photoshops all celebrities young or old but it is very difficult to edit video to remove all wrinkles, to make a fat person look thinner etc.

In the video, she does not look to have undergone any plastic surgeries (no botox injections, no fillers etc.).

Some people are just blessed with good genetics. However to continue to look good when one is older do take a lot of personal efforts. I am talking about diet, exercise and living a healthy life and not just cosmetics and plastic surgeries.

One of my older sisters is five years older than Jane Seymour and looks very much like her and without any wrinkles! The only thing that my sister does is to color her hair. She wears very little makeup and only for special occasions. She is blessed with her good look (was asked to model ads in her younger days), but she has also worked hard to maintain her slim figure and youthful appearance with diet (a vegan) and exercise (an avid rollerblader and hiker). She also does not drink or smoke.

I have never cared much for Playboy but very glad that they now feature an older woman like Jane. Good for them and good for her.

Old 02-24-2018, 04:46 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,486,258 times
Hey, Jane Fonda looks pretty good for being 80 on Grace and Frankie!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDv6PRi1SgQ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement