Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2018, 02:44 PM

705 posts, read 562,086 times

Advertisements

I think it's pretty funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1-lhUD9YfE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2018, 03:17 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,446,688 times
I watch it. I love all the actors. Vicki Lawrence's put downs are priceless.

The situations are kind of silly though. They are supposed to be living in an independent living complex but the manager is too bossy. It's more like an assisted living facility but they're not disabled in any way and don't need the supervision they sometimes have to put up with. I mean, we have parties and dances in my senior living complex and management has nothing to do with them. As long as we clean up the mess we make. They couldn't care less.

Old 11-24-2018, 10:21 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,569,754 times
I watch it and think it is hilarious! My favorite new comedy after the "Murphy Brown" revival.

Since we old farts love these shows they probably will cancel them.

I now call my dogs "the cool kids"!

Old 11-25-2018, 06:31 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,232,679 times
I watched it for a few weeks, then quit. The four leads are great, but the writing is sophomoric. Ridiculous, actually.

I watch a LOT of TV, and I love shows geared toward an older demo (looking at you Blue Bloods), but this didn't cut it for me.

YMMV.

Old 11-25-2018, 09:55 AM

705 posts, read 562,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
I watched it for a few weeks, then quit. The four leads are great, but the writing is sophomoric. Ridiculous, actually.
YMMV.
IMHO that's because there is no talent left in Hollywood. All the great writers, producers, directors and actors are either dead or very old and do very little anymore.

We watch very few current shows simply because we don't like what's on anymore. We do watch Blue Bloods, Young Sheldon and my husband watches NCIS. I personally always loved Sitcoms the best. The Cool Kids is far from the best show that's ever been on TV but it's better than anything else they offer in Sitcoms these days, most of the time we just watch older shows on Hulu, Youtube or Cozi Via Roku.

Old 11-25-2018, 10:11 AM

Geez, someone asks if anyone is watching a simple little TV show just meant for some light hearted chuckles and you get a critique of totally unrelated TV shows and a detailed description of what others are watching.

Gotta love this forum.

Old 11-25-2018, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDogToday View Post
I watch it and think it is hilarious! My favorite new comedy after the "Murphy Brown" revival.

Since we old farts love these shows they probably will cancel them.

I now call my dogs "the cool kids"!
I like your comment about your dogs. I tried to give you a rep but my Smart Phone went stupid on me and froze so instead.......

Old 11-25-2018, 10:17 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,232,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Geez, someone asks if anyone is watching a simple little TV show just meant for some light hearted chuckles and you get a critique of totally unrelated TV shows and a detailed description of what others are watching.

Gotta love this forum.
Hi, are you new here?

Old 11-25-2018, 10:26 AM
JRR

8,165 posts, read 5,659,209 times
We watch the show. The writing may not be top-notch, but we have been fans of Martin Mull, Vicki Lawrence and Leslie Jordan for years.

Old 11-25-2018, 10:33 AM

3,222 posts, read 4,569,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post

Gotta love this forum.
You got that right. Makes me feel tired and overwhelmed all at the same time.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement