Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2018, 03:37 AM

836 posts, read 1,780,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
The book is Final Exit, Derek Humphry, Delta publishers.
Really good book for those who would rather to plan ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
The idea of a handful of pills may a poor blanket idea, even if the pills under consideration are narcotic. And if your stomach has been chronically stressed, you want to be sure that you don't just barf up your pills.
I don't have stressed stomach, but even I would barf up any more than 2!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2018, 03:55 AM

836 posts, read 1,780,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post
I’m leaving this life exactly how the good Lord intends for me to go. Why should I spend any time fretting or even thinking about it?
Planning is nit "fretting". I'd say it's exact opposite.

As to "why"... to avoid pain of prolonged death, perhaps? The torture it would be for loved ones to watch, and maybe also sparing them millions in medical costs for unnecessary and painful procedures? The indignity of losing self and "living" for years as an empty shell/vegetable due to dementia, etc.?

Those would be MY reasons.

Old 12-15-2018, 03:56 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,603,097 times
I have no idea. Dying is the last thing I want to do. Literally.

Old 12-15-2018, 06:27 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,635,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyNewMe View Post
Planning is nit "fretting". I'd say it's exact opposite.

As to "why"... to avoid pain of prolonged death, perhaps? The torture it would be for loved ones to watch, and maybe also sparing them millions in medical costs for unnecessary and painful procedures? The indignity of losing self and "living" for years as an empty shell/vegetable due to dementia, etc.?

Those would be MY reasons.
I agree. My grandmother was bedridden for a year with a feeding tube before she finally died. Completely unable to do anything for herself. She lived at home the whole time and her daughter was her caregiver, but nothing sounds fun about that to me, and lots of others have it even worse than she did before they die.

What I don’t understand is why so many celebrities hang themselves if there are better methods out there and they have the means to obtain them. Is it because they’re committing suicide on a whim? It just seems strange to carefully plan for years and years to hang yourself.

Old 12-15-2018, 07:51 AM

4,004 posts, read 2,089,380 times
I plan on rolling with the flow and seeing what death brings. One thing life has managed to repeatedly show me is that what I plan rarely becomes a reality. There is nothing wrong with making plans and even back up plans but I wouldn't dwell on this or waste a ton of money on it.

Now is the time to live for today. God never promised anyone - regardless of how young or old they may be - a tomorrow.

Old 12-15-2018, 08:32 AM

31,687 posts, read 41,089,995 times
I guess if I had to plan it would be in the Virtual Reality room at the home. From a heart attack brought on by the hotttt young nurse I was experiencing. Over doing what ever it was she was doing. Keep it clean people!

Old 12-15-2018, 08:34 AM

4,150 posts, read 3,914,561 times
I think it might be wiser to plan on how to live and not on how to die.

Old 12-15-2018, 08:36 AM

776 posts, read 958,219 times
Shot by a jealous husband at 87.

Old 12-15-2018, 08:54 AM

4,150 posts, read 3,914,561 times
If anyone is contemplating doing themselves in, call 911. Not sure what the number is, you might have to check with directory assistance.

Old 12-15-2018, 09:01 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,881,808 times
Here is my serious take on death. I have cheated death probably 5 times in my life...….at the last minute, someone up there pulled my butt out of the fire and I lived. 4 months ago, I went under the knife for a quadruple bypass. A few days before, I resigned myself to the fact this might be it, so I signed over all my car titles to my sons, gave them a list of all the places I have money and my passwords, and wrote a quick will , stating I wanted my ashes spread over the Gulf of Mexico.

After the surgery, they woke me up, and I said "Damn, I actually lived !" So, now that I am pretty much healed, I have another shot at enjoying life for whatever time God gives me, and when it ends, I will have no complaints or regrets. A lot of people never had those chances I have had, so who am I to worry or complain ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement