Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 10:16 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,675,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
I am at a desktop computer.

When I was a teen, I had pen pals. I actually met quite a few of them.

I was good at doing the background stuff rather than being "outfront" like my sibs so this was a good activity for me.

CD is kind of like my pen pals from years gone by.

I was your typical preteen and teen with pictures of groups and cute guys all over my room.
My sisters just didn't relate because they had this in real life. They had the cute guys.

I mean, I went on to have relationships but my first crush was on a lead singer in a band. Yes, I have met him a few times too.

I love music and all those romantic lyrics. See, I thought they were true. And, sometimes you get lucky with that.

I just want to say I had teen idol photos all over a wall, too... before real life set in. Actually, I replaced those first photos with posters, some being kind of sexy, and my Dad would tell visitors that "we don't go in there because it is X-rated". Lol.

(I would imagine kids since that time still do this sort of thing).

In those days, I would many times be sitting on my bed talking on the phone and listening to records...doesn't sound so different from what I have begun doing these days...

Last edited by In2itive_1; 06-23-2019 at 10:30 PM.. Reason: Addition
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2019, 10:58 PM

17,710 posts, read 29,829,274 times
Sitting on the potty in the master bathroom.
Using an iPad.

Old 06-23-2019, 11:17 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,167,759 times
Sitting or reclining on the sofa, typing on an IPad Mini. This is usually where I access CD, and post.

Sometimes I post from our computer in our home office. That is the best place to type longer answers.

Very occasionally, if I am traveling, I’ll check in and make quick posts on my IPhone.

Old 06-24-2019, 12:38 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,769,652 times
I only post to C-D when I am bored silly which means I am stuck at home with nothing to do so I go to the computer room and kill a couple of hours on the Internet. If I am out having fun someplace, posting to C-D, or any place else for that matter, is the farthest thing from my mind.

Old 06-24-2019, 01:59 AM

23,688 posts, read 9,386,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piney Creek View Post
Earlier I talked about posting while I was at the pool, and the got me to wondering where the rest of you tend to be in real life when you post here.

Do you tend to be at the same place, or does it vary? Do you usually post from home, or is it something you do while you're out and about and need to kill some time?

As for me, I usually post early in the morning. It's a quiet activity while other people in the house are asleep, and something I like to do while drinking my coffee.

Sometimes I post while I'm at the rec center, especially if I'm waiting for some reason. I tend to get to pickleball way early, and then I fill the time with a little posting. Sometimes I think this might influence my posts a little. I probably talk about pickleball more than I should, mostly because it's on my mind since I'm waiting for a game to start.

What about the rest of you?
in my office in the house.I do CD throughout the day.

Old 06-24-2019, 05:27 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,195,836 times
I get up quite early in the morning and go for a walk then read in a cafe and come home about 9 a.m. I flip my desktop computer on to check stuff, suddenly a needle emerges from the screen and plunges itself into my unprotesting body and I am posting on C-D.....in small study full of books, looking at a small terrace crammed with wavy, weedy plants to suggest a meadow and beyond the tile roof across the street.

I often leave the computer on for long period while I do household stuff, and come back to it from time to time.

Old 06-24-2019, 05:34 AM

8,771 posts, read 5,059,025 times
Watching TV.....mostly sports, or fake news, Sitting outside, on my deck, or front porch.

Old 06-24-2019, 07:52 AM

2,568 posts, read 2,521,105 times
Primarily at home while on the couch or on the deck using a tablet. The rest of the time, while waiting in airports, sometimes while in flight.

Old 06-24-2019, 07:55 AM

2,568 posts, read 2,521,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Sitting on the potty in the master bathroom.
Using an iPad.
I was wondering who would be the first to mention this!

Old 06-24-2019, 08:01 AM

456 posts, read 348,865 times
Always at my home desk, usually in the morning. Once in a while I wander on later in the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement