Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2019, 01:58 PM

475 posts, read 318,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal1542 View Post
Of course my age (77) is no doubt the turn off.
You never know. My dad met a woman when he was 80, so was she. It wasn't on a dating site it was at a local truck stop they both use to eat dinner at. Long story short they were together until he died some years later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2019, 02:01 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,378,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibay View Post
You never know. My dad met a woman when he was 80, so was she. It wasn't on a dating site it was at a local truck stop they both use to eat dinner at. Long story short they were together until he died some years later.
That is so wonderful.

Old 09-01-2019, 02:04 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,112,133 times
Quote:

That is encouraging, thanks. Now to find a truck stop for dinner!

Old 09-01-2019, 02:11 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,378,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marble cake View Post
What site do you go on to do a background check?
You can do one on truthfinder.com. You have to pay for using the site though, but it is not that expensive.

One word of caution is that truthfinder.com doesn't guarantee accuracy. So you can't necessarily believe everything you find. It aggregates all public information about a person from all across the internet. Your search is guaranteed to be private, also.

When I looked myself up on truthfinder.com they had someone else with my same name, lumped in with me and all her history, assets, and everything else.

I've found many people I know have criminal records from using that site. In some areas their mugshot was in it, too.

Old 09-01-2019, 02:21 PM

106,654 posts, read 108,810,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Mathjak, I thought it was your mom with care instructions.
the instructions my mom wrote would come later after she approves of them . .....

i always had my 3meal rule .... i never sleep with a woman until i get 3 home cooked meals lol

Old 09-01-2019, 03:27 PM

3,262 posts, read 5,001,073 times
Quote:
Once you run a background check on someone have you ever questioned the person involved about the results or just assume the results are accurate?

Always wondered how accurate they really are. (never ran one)
This applies only in Florida, although I am sure other states have similar agencies.

The background checks you can do through the Florida Department of Law Enforcement are very accurate. Of course there can be the possibility of an error, but generally it doesn't happen. It helps to have the person's birthdate.

You can also check online with the Clerk of Courts in individual Florida counties to see if there are any lawsuits or criminal matters listed there. Also accurate, although if the person in question has a common name, it can get confusing. Again, birthdate helps.

Yes, I confronted him about the research results. That's how the relationship was terminated.

Old 09-01-2019, 04:49 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,756,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I have female friends in their 60s looking to marry a man with great wealth. I tell them it won't happen. Although I'm sure they can date plenty of men, I doubt they will marry these kinds of men they want. Men in that age bracket with any kind of assets aren't looking to tie up their finances in another marriage, that late in life.
Not to a 60 year old. Did they have luck in their 20s or 30s, if not, what makes them think their luck would change in their 60s. Most likely a wealthy man will have no problem marrying a younger woman in the 40s, Jack Welch is an example.

Old 09-01-2019, 04:52 PM

106,654 posts, read 108,810,853 times
All I know is I get scared when I think about the fact my cougar today would be like 78

Old 09-01-2019, 04:58 PM

2,496 posts, read 3,247,479 times
I was on Match.com for a while. Im 65, own my own home, have money in the bank. I stated I wanted to meet a companion close to my own age. The results were depressing, to say the least. Most of the ladies locally had unrealistic expectations. A man had to be 6 feet plus, be very wealthy and want to go on expensive vacations etc. Im a nice looking average dude so I recieved maybe 3 messages and went on two dates. I can probably do better at grocery stores or church groups. It was a waste of time honestly.

Old 09-01-2019, 05:06 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,458,184 times
Has the 50+ population started to use apps such as Tinder, Bumble, and Hinge? Most people under 50 who find dates from electronic means are exclusively using phone apps and not websites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement