Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2019, 12:53 PM

3,274 posts, read 3,936,892 times

Advertisements

https://www.koaa.com/senior-communit...n-common-areas

Senior community bans loud laughter and chatter in common areas

BOULDER COUNTY, Colo. — Residents at a 55+ living complex in Louisville, Colorado are upset about a new noise ban being enforced.

The ban restricts all loud conversation, laughter and television sound in common areas of the complex.

Some residents are outraged by the ban, but others say they’re sick of the loud noise disrupting their peace....

FINALLY A PLACE I CAN CALL HOME !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2019, 01:49 PM

363 posts, read 350,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post

disqualified.

they banned typing in all caps, too.

Old 07-13-2019, 01:59 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,609,640 times
Quote:

BOULDER COUNTY, Colo. — Residents at a 55+ living complex in Louisville, Colorado are upset about a new noise ban being enforced.

The ban restricts all loud conversation, laughter and television sound in common areas of the complex.

Some residents are outraged by the ban, but others say they’re sick of the loud noise disrupting their peace....

I fled Colorado seventeen years ago because it became a reliably liberal and gun-hating state. Sure, many areas are conservative, but Metro Denver has the votes. Check the voting records for Boulder County.

Old 07-13-2019, 03:15 PM

6,885 posts, read 11,248,397 times
Default Would not fit in there

Wow, that is actually pretty depressing! (to me)

Old 07-13-2019, 03:21 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,059,051 times
Quote:

Some residents may be hearing impaired; hence speaking louder is necessary.

The place sounds like it has too many ludicrous rules.

Stepford community?

Old 07-13-2019, 03:36 PM

17,347 posts, read 11,293,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Some residents may be hearing impaired; hence speaking louder is necessary.

The place sounds like it has too many ludicrous rules.

Stepford community?
Maybe it's a party city and some control over the late night noise and goings on had to be implemented

Old 07-13-2019, 03:37 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,963,905 times
Sounds like Catholic grammar school to me.
Quote:

Old 07-13-2019, 04:03 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,099,627 times
Yep sometimes these communities go a bit overboard regarding rules and enforcements. But they don’t even have to be 55+.

I remember the first condo I bought when i was in my 20s and some older residents took over the board and passed a rule saying that anyone staying overnight in your unit had to be approved by the board for an overnight parking pass.Well some of the young ones decided that we would go knock on their doors for the parking passes every night at 11:30 pm that ended that rule real quick.

Old 07-13-2019, 04:10 PM

3,274 posts, read 3,936,892 times
Sounds great to me, keep all those hippies with their marijuanas and their hipity hop music, out !!

Old 07-13-2019, 04:16 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,099,627 times
Quote:
Sounds great to me, keep all those hippies with their marijuanas and their hipity hop music, out !!
LOL. Funny. Well downside of condos is that you do have many different types of people so rules sometimes are in your favor and sometimes they aren’t.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement