Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2019, 05:28 PM

4,160 posts, read 2,527,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycled View Post
I went to an apartment warming here in Leipzig, Germany over the weekend. Some friends of mine had moved into a new apartment not far from my apartment. I'm a mid-60s guy and most of the people at the gathering were maybe half my age, but no big deal. There were many beverages and plenty of appetizers and small plates of food.

I ate some cookies. I did not see the label on the table that said the cookies were baked with cannibis. It was not a language issue, I speak German well. The label was either covered up by something else or I just did not notice it. I don't consume any drugs or alcohol, and I don't take any medication or over the counter stuff.

Let's just say, I started to feel dizzy pretty quick. I decided to leave the party and walk home (about 500 meters). I made it home OK, but my balance was really bad. My head was spinning. I made it up the 3 flights of stairs to my apartment, but I used the hand rail to keep me straight up. I also started to get a bad headache, and I was getting pretty scared.

It took over a day for the strong effects of those cookies to subside. It was not a good experience at all. Let's just say I am not one of the people who will be looking to use "recreational" cannibis at any time in the future.
Lol, poor thing. You didn't know you were dosing yourself, and ate too many mj cookies. You did say "cookies", as in plural. If you had only eaten one it would have been considerably better for you. Or even 1/2 a cookie. But you didn't know. Don't blame it on the mj, blame it on not being informed properly.

Plus mj edibles are creeper, and it can be hard to judge the dose. When I first tried the modern edibles I got sick as a dog because nothing was happening, so I ate more. That is why I don't like them. But others swear by them. I'll stick with light smoking since I know exactly how much I'm getting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2019, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I am glad to see so many people having problems with it. I had never used Marijuana until recently when my sister tried it and raved about it. So I tried it (medical) and immediately was struck with intense anxiety and shakiness. Dizziness and all kinds of unpleasant sensations. I kept trying it for a month in various and sundry applications and it was just utterly useless. The only thing it made me feel was bad.

I plan on giving it one more shot before the medical license runs out but I am glad to see that for some people it isn't this great thing.
Try a low thc sativa, like 16-18%. Just buy a gram of it so if you hate it you won't be out too much money. Get a little pipe, and just do one hit, then cover it, and let it go out. See how that works for you. You can get the benefits without having to smoke others under the table.

Old 08-25-2019, 06:16 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,855,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
LOL; a Good Trip Resort! When I was a kid that was Gold Camp Road & 5 day long parties that the sheriff's dept would eventually get around to running us out of.

They taste like dirty socks smell. After that; much better than LSD. 'A friend' told me this of course.

A friend who works in the dispensary here told me they are going to be selling mushrooms there in the near future. I know people who love those mushrooms. I did too, back in the 70s.

Old 08-25-2019, 06:37 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,579,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
A friend who works in the dispensary here told me they are going to be selling mushrooms there in the near future. I know people who love those mushrooms. I did too, back in the 70s.
Oregon is working on legalizing psilocybin mushrooms, but only for medical purposes. They can be a great help for people suffering from PTSD. Recreational tripping is great, but unlikely to become legal any time in the near future.

Old 08-25-2019, 07:46 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,594,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I am glad to see so many people having problems with it. I had never used Marijuana until recently when my sister tried it and raved about it. So I tried it (medical) and immediately was struck with intense anxiety and shakiness. Dizziness and all kinds of unpleasant sensations. I kept trying it for a month in various and sundry applications and it was just utterly useless. The only thing it made me feel was bad.

I plan on giving it one more shot before the medical license runs out but I am glad to see that for some people it isn't this great thing.
Why are you glad? That seems really perverse.

For your next foray, try Petra Mints. I doubt you will have a bad experience.

Old 08-25-2019, 09:02 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,359,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post
I've stayed away from all illegal drugs, including marijuana, all my life and I have no intention of starting up now. Nothing good ever comes from using illegal drugs or associating with people who do.
Marijuana is legal in many states. In fact, it looks like it's legal in MOST states now. Blue and green states have legal marijuana.

Old 08-25-2019, 09:14 PM

21,417 posts, read 8,627,780 times
It should never have been illegal in the first place.

Old 08-25-2019, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_F View Post
Even got a free J on my birthday of Golden Goat.
Oh, I LOVE Golden Goat!!! I haven't had that since before I left Colorado for Washington state in 2014. Now I want some, lol. Another good one is Green Crack. Colorado has the best weed.

Old 08-25-2019, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
Marijuana is legal in many states. In fact, it looks like it's legal in MOST states now. Blue and green states have legal marijuana.
Thanks for the map. The good news is even better than that. New Mexico has recreational mj now. Click on NORML's map for each state to see what it's mj laws are.

https://norml.org/states

--------------------------------------

Old 08-26-2019, 06:00 AM

16,107 posts, read 10,260,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
That's the thing with MJ that is acquired and shared by someone else -- you don't know what all might be in it or what it's comprised of if that person doesn't know or obtained it from some other person.

The truth is THC is not pleasant for everyone. There are people who are especially sensitive to it (blame brain chemistry) and there are certain people who have brain chemistries in which THC exacerbates a mental illness. For some reason longtime regular mj imbibers get frustrated or angry and feel like they're being judged when someone else doesn't have a good experience on their drug of choice. I don't know why that is. Are they paranoid?

If I take an aspirin and someone else says "I can't tolerate aspirin," no problem and no big deal. I don't try and talk another person into consuming whatever thing they don't want. But look at an mj consumer (several examples on this forum) and they will sometimes cajole, lecture, explain how wrong someone is for not enjoying a drug they themselves love, tell them how to do it next time (dude, there *is* no next time, seriously, get over it).

You'd think a regular mj user would realize, "hey, more for me then" but they don't. There must be blame assessed in you (or me, or someone else) having a negative mj experience, even if it was decades ago.
Totally fair points. To be honest I was expecting more Refer Madness posters from the dark ages lecturing on the evills of weed but we saw more posters as you described.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement