Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2019, 07:55 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,551,887 times

Advertisements

I would like to here your experience. Yes, I know, I'm falling apart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2019, 06:54 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,551,887 times
You people are going to think I'm talking to myself, but, in reply to a question and response, no I haven't got one yet, but, I am more an more convinced this is the way to go if the doc agrees. Let me know how it goes, if you so desire and thanks for the message.

Old 09-17-2019, 07:51 PM

703 posts, read 612,396 times
I would suggest you do research on a another procedure that is only one year newer that urolift. It's called Rezum.

I don't know any of your specifics but Rezum can treat a wider spectrum of prostate situations.

e.g. rezum can treat median lobe enlargement. Urolift cannot.

Rezum does not leave behind sutures and metal clips that can be a problem later. I know thus far this is an extremely small probability but you must remember that urolift has only been around something like 5 or 6 yrs in the U.S.. A bit longer in Europe.

Urolift is the most expensive procedure out there. Rezum is way cheaper. In the good sense

There are several videos on Youtube of Doctors giving lectures at urological seminars reviewing pros and cons, Spend a Saturday afternoon and get the low down.

For my money I would go with the rezum. The results are on a par with urolift and some studies show it meets or exceeds the results of surgery. And it doesn't leave behind the metal clips stuck in bodily tissue.

I recently went through all this mishegahss with my Uro guy. he is a proponent of Urolift but my research indicated rezum would be the better play

Old 09-18-2019, 03:08 PM

8,268 posts, read 8,643,023 times
I agree. Check out Rezum and then make a decision.

Old 01-13-2020, 09:41 PM

501 posts, read 776,112 times
Default Rezum personal experience

Urologist recommended Rezum vs Urolift because of enlarged median lobe. Had been on Flomax for ~8 mos with decreasing efficiency.
Procedure itself was relatively painless (Tylenol 1 Gm, prostate local anesthetic block, self-administered N2O) went home with catheter, removed it on day 3 but found to be in retention 8 hours later> catheter back in for a week. Removed again today and now doing self-cath twice a day, hopefully for less than 2 weeks. Symptoms (frequency/urgency/leaks) are supposed to get worse for first 2-3 weeks, then back to baseline, then improving at about week 5.

Old 01-14-2020, 08:23 AM

703 posts, read 612,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtoman67z View Post
Urologist recommended Rezum vs Urolift because of enlarged median lobe. Had been on Flomax for ~8 mos with decreasing efficiency.
Procedure itself was relatively painless (Tylenol 1 Gm, prostate local anesthetic block, self-administered N2O) went home with catheter, removed it on day 3 but found to be in retention 8 hours later> catheter back in for a week. Removed again today and now doing self-cath twice a day, hopefully for less than 2 weeks. Symptoms (frequency/urgency/leaks) are supposed to get worse for first 2-3 weeks, then back to baseline, then improving at about week 5.

Don't want to sound too nosey so don't anwser if you don't want to. Do you know how large your prostate was before the Rezum?

Old 01-15-2020, 02:22 PM

501 posts, read 776,112 times
As best I recall, it was right around 50Gm. Had been basically asymptomatic for years (up rarely at night) until I had hip surgery and went into retention post-op.

Old 09-11-2020, 08:32 PM

1 posts, read 2,100 times
Ok, here’s my 2 cents. I am 15 months post Urolift. It did help, I stopped taking Alfuzosin.
I began having hematuria several months ago and an odd sticking sensation in my pelvic area.
I had a CT and MRI to rule out something sinister. I then had a cystoscopy and found that because of my prostate anatomy, it is s pushing into the bladder. Intravessicle is the medical term. The 2 implants that are furthest up -one side of each are in the prostate and the other ends respectively
are (were) in the bladder. Not good. The one on the right side was more lifted and irritating the
bladder causing the intermittent bleeding and that sticking sensation. Today I had those 2 removed
in an outpatient surgical center. No real pain post op. Bleeding yes which has slowed down after 6 hrs.
I don’t know what the outcome will be. Florida insurance will not permit a revision. Talk to your dr. My doctor said this issue might happen more frequently than is reported. Hind sight is 20/20. Good luck!

Last edited by Kiddd; 09-11-2020 at 08:38 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement