Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2019, 04:26 PM

2,102 posts, read 1,004,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
I think we are seeing the reason older men go for younger women
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Truth - You said what I was thinking. many women here say it's not worth the effort.
Like a spoiled frustrated child that can’t reach the fruit, and then calls it sour!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2019, 04:28 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,966,169 times
well, it could really be sour even if it is out of reach.

Old 09-24-2019, 04:35 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,760,547 times
Be creative, climb the tree instead.

Old 09-24-2019, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Be creative, climb the tree instead.
But many women here seem to want to 'cut down' the tree instead.

Old 09-24-2019, 07:25 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,017,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011KTM530 View Post
I seriously don’t know. I’ve looked at dating sites but there are no women like me or even close to where I live. I’m not like others my age, I’m 59. I’m into living a healthy lifestyle, I don’t own a TV, I listen to alternative rock music, ride dirt bikes, mountain bike, ect. There are NO unicorns my age, none. Women my “age” tend to be sedentary and just want to eat. No thanks.
I would have this same problem , I like to do all the things you like to ( lifelong equine sports person here in place of mountain bikes ) . I will be 57 on Sunday .

I lost my fiance 2 years ago ( died suddenly ) and I am still just shattered , by the time I am halfway normal again I think I will be 90 .
Seriously , I felt extremely lucky to have found him 10 years ago . He liked all of the above also and he loved the competition with horses I have enjoyed plus we SO enjoyed all kinds of art , concerts , retreats etc etc ..

You are really right though most women I know my age are into cooking and eating and quite a few drink an awful lot as well ....
I love the Seahawks but don't need to eat or wasted to see them .

Last edited by DutchessCottonPuff; 09-24-2019 at 07:33 PM..

Old 09-25-2019, 10:00 AM

5,251 posts, read 3,609,565 times
I think dating as a senior is hugely influenced by one's location. I've started online dating this year & here a lot of the women are very accomplished, in fact many profiles read more like professional resumes than personal profiles unfortunately. And I'm struck how many in our age group list so many physical activities, most have regular gym & yoga plus others.

And what's with "walking on the beach"? It's almost a universal listing, is this a repeat scene in rom coms?

Old 09-25-2019, 10:20 AM

11,054 posts, read 6,645,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefe View Post
I think dating as a senior is hugely influenced by one's location. I've started online dating this year & here a lot of the women are very accomplished, in fact many profiles read more like professional resumes than personal profiles unfortunately. And I'm struck how many in our age group list so many physical activities, most have regular gym & yoga plus others.

And what's with "walking on the beach"? It's almost a universal listing, is this a repeat scene in rom coms?
I have no doubt that is true in a sophisticated place like NYC. People are fit and active and all that walking.

Walking on the beach seems to be a universal theme, like a glass of wine on a bearskin rug in front of a roaring fire!

And don't forget "great sense of humor"...

Old 09-25-2019, 11:09 AM

475 posts, read 318,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
And if I were to ever re-marry an old guy, he'd better have long term care insurance planned and paid for, because I sure as hell won't sign up to be his caregiver.
Doesn't getting married mean you're signing up for the good and the bad when it comes to health?

Not that long term care insurance shouldn't be part of the equation at some point because people do sometimes reach a point where spouses/partners can't take care of one another, but to go into a relationship with an attitude of "if you get sick I'm outta here" seems really odd to me. It's not just you, it's a pretty common opinion. Maybe that's why it's better for some people to stay single.

Old 09-25-2019, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefe View Post
I live in Fort Lauderdale and 'walking on the beach' is definitely a thing down here.

Personally, I like to transition the woman from 'walking on the beach' to 'skinny-dipping in my pool'

Old 09-25-2019, 11:27 AM

19,025 posts, read 14,205,095 times
"...sacrificing virginal celery stalks and steaming crustaceans a must!"
"Have boat ... Will clean fish..."
A KEEPER!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement