Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2020, 06:55 PM

2,857 posts, read 1,802,529 times

Advertisements

Returned to the eye doc for a 6 month follow up,as I had a hole in my retina. Asked him what that meant, If it didn't heal surgery, lost of a lot of vision in the eye.

Well, Do not who was more excited, the doc was also jumping for joy, the hole is almost completely healed! For me, in these precarious times, was Praising my Lord! Interesting, have been lax with my relationship with G-d, last evening, prayed for someone in need of prayer and I am bless the next day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2020, 07:47 PM

2,873 posts, read 2,058,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sera View Post
Returned to the eye doc for a 6 month follow up,as I had a hole in my retina. Asked him what that meant, If it didn't heal surgery, lost of a lot of vision in the eye.

Well, Do not who was more excited, the doc was also jumping for joy, the hole is almost completely healed! For me, in these precarious times, was Praising my Lord! Interesting, have been lax with my relationship with G-d, last evening, prayed for someone in need of prayer and I am bless the next day.
Very good news! Congratulations!

Old 07-10-2020, 09:21 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,862,536 times
It's been just stupid hot this week, upper 90's, hot winds. UGH. Rented a cabin near a lake at 11,000 feet for a few days. Just want to fish and get out of this heat. No cell service, no internet, no tv. I'm outta here!

Old 07-10-2020, 09:56 AM

2,061 posts, read 1,957,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
It's been just stupid hot this week, upper 90's, hot winds. UGH. Rented a cabin near a lake at 11,000 feet for a few days. Just want to fish and get out of this heat. No cell service, no internet, no tv. I'm outta here!
Have fun and stay cool- temps have been moderate on our mountain in WNC. Though We are expected to be in the 80’s for the next week and we are only about 3000 ft. Hot for us. Crazy weather patterns.

Old 07-10-2020, 11:40 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,053,480 times
Well get this: 117 degrees in Phoenix on Sunday. Thank goodness I don't live there anymore. We will get to maybe 97 here in Prescott.

Old 07-10-2020, 11:56 AM

6,354 posts, read 7,759,280 times
Just to show that there are idiots everywhere. One of the reasons I moved to North Idaho for my retirement years is the friendliness of people. I'm in a 55+ community of some 270 houses, mas o menos. Nice enough, and friendly.

I've been helping out a lady down the street who is going through a cancer battle. She takes pride in her garden and it's pretty awesome. Even as I guy, I can recognize what she has done.

Anyway, somebody in the complex went and cut one of her flowers to the point where she had to go out and purchase a new plant to replace it. Some people!

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 07-10-2020, 01:09 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,774,310 times
The more I know people the more I like my dog! We've been having a rash of stolen plants and ornamental rocks in my 55+ here in Northern California. Sunday it was someone's tomato plant. It was in a cage in a raised bed in their unfenced side yard which isn't easily accessible nor visible. The homeowner picked some at 10AM and then went back to pick more at 2PM - it was gone. Pulled straight out of the ground. Newly planted shrubs and small trees have been taken, too, in other parts of the community. Sorry to hear that's going on in Idaho too, especially under the circumstances.

Kudos to you for helping her out! I wish more people were as kind as you are.

Old 07-10-2020, 02:07 PM

17,338 posts, read 11,259,569 times
It amazes me how some people who can easily well afford to buy their own flowers or tomato plant would rather steal one from their neighbors. I think it's some kind of mental defect some people have where it makes them feel good to take things that don't belong to them. They've probably been this way their entire lives.

Old 07-10-2020, 02:11 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,053,480 times
Unbelievable !!! And if that robber thinks they can replant that tomato plant in their own yard, forget it. It won't work.

I think people are so bored these days that they just are not thinking straight. They will do anything to get relief from this impossible situation we are all in.

Old 07-10-2020, 03:41 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,774,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgarden View Post
Unbelievable !!! And if that robber thinks they can replant that tomato plant in their own yard, forget it. It won't work.

I think people are so bored these days that they just are not thinking straight. They will do anything to get relief from this impossible situation we are all in.
Yes! That's the upside of this insanity. Tomatoes are a one and done kind of thing.

I think you're right. I'm seeing a lot more rudeness, self-centeredness, and inconsideration of others these days. Frustration seems to be bringing out the worst traits in some people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement