Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 01:01 PM

2,317 posts, read 5,129,033 times

Advertisements

That's great,what my wife and I did was buy a home in PA,only 2 hr drive from family,but the pension goes alot farther out there,not to mention better
quality of life,low crime,low cost of living,low tax,pension gets taxed only federal, great area with beautiful mountain views. This is the time to enjoy
your hard work that got you to this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 01:18 PM

1,195 posts, read 5,411,206 times
yeah we are almost there, our property is at the base of the Humboldt Mountains. Here in Anchorage we have the tall mountains in our back yard and the ocean inthe front, but the winters are becoming too much for us. We are looking forward to our new adventures and with moving out of our house they have already started.

Old 05-20-2008, 05:16 PM

Real happy for you guys,I am retired 6 months already,and I remember my
last day like it was yesterday,very Important to take care of yourselfs,stay healthy,eat right,exercise,and live a long good quality of life retirement

Old 05-20-2008, 05:34 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,277,348 times
Thanks, can't wait....to shake off the vestiges of my old life and find one anew. 27 days to go.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Last edited by nancy thereader; 05-20-2008 at 05:53 PM..

Old 05-20-2008, 05:44 PM

Below the 30 days Nancy you must be beside yourself about now, my husband decided that he will count down to his last day of work not his retirement date, so he has 9 days to go. Exciting stuff

Old 05-20-2008, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coartist88 View Post
Real happy for you guys,I am retired 6 months already,and I remember my
last day like it was yesterday,very Important to take care of yourselfs,stay healthy,eat right,exercise,and live a long good quality of life retirement
so do the days go by faster now that you are retired, are you staying busy with honey do projects?

Outside with yard work?
Wonder what excitment the next day will bring?
Long walks and Long naps if you choose, heck maybe even in the middle of the day. TOOOOOO COOOOL

Old 05-20-2008, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tressa View Post
so do the days go by faster now that you are retired, are you staying busy with honey do projects?

Outside with yard work?
Wonder what excitment the next day will bring?
Long walks and Long naps if you choose, heck maybe even in the middle of the day. TOOOOOO COOOOL
It's hard to explain. I don't think the time goes by faster,It is a great feeling not having to rush anymore,you could take your time,you really learn to appreciate life.I stay busy going to the gym and running,also have hobbies
drawing,wine making,golfing,fishing,target shooting,(going online)visiting wineries for wine tasting and just plain enjoying life.I really don't miss work
because I knew,this is my time to go,you just feel it,and yes the long walks
are great,looking at all the scenery in a different way,enjoying it,not having to rush home and say I have to get ready for work.To quote the words of feris buehler,"life moves pretty fast,if you don't stop and look around you might miss it"

Old 05-21-2008, 07:22 AM

3,517 posts, read 13,259,891 times
We say here that retirement will be when every day is a Saturday.

Old 05-21-2008, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesaje View Post
We say here that retirement will be when every day is a Saturday.
That's a good way to sum it up

Old 05-21-2008, 11:42 AM

Ah sounds so nice, right now I'm sitting at my desk with very little to do as I'm training my assistant to take on my duties. I have a brace on my left wrist cuz I strained it over the weekend moving, my back is killing me and I'm totally bored and wish I was doing something else or even being busy would be a huge plus right now.

The alarm goes off this morning we slowly roll out of bed, jump in the shower have our coffee, look outside and it's becoming a beautiful day But then we have to get dressed get into traffic and head out to work. But our time will come and we too will enjoy ourselves doing what we want to do for the day, take a walk around the area, drive up in the mountain trails, plant a tree or several. Read a book or not, plan what to have for dinner and enjoy the process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement