Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2020, 12:45 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
Why don`t we just all lay down, and die now.
That's not necessary. Just distance and wear a mask. It's not that hard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2020, 12:46 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Right now I’m more annoyed that I’m gonna have that Police tune in my head for the rest of the day. Their repetitious songs are always the hardest ones to turn off.
It's one of my favorites though.

Old 11-14-2020, 12:52 PM

6,769 posts, read 5,487,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperhobbs View Post
I can't do that as death is not an excused absence where I work
Sure it is.

But you're thinking you need a Drs note...no.

You will, however, need a Mortician's note.

Old 11-14-2020, 07:18 PM

2,176 posts, read 1,324,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkliny View Post
The 6 foot social distancing recommendation only helps with the highest risk of exposure. Studies have shown a good sneeze or cough can launch particles much further. Another big issue are aerosols which can hang in still air for long periods of time or which can be blown much further than 6 feet.

The South Korean restaurant data from the early days of Covid should have been a wake up call. One diner who became infected was about 15-20 feet and 2 tables from the sick individual.
The same in China: they actually have a video confirmation- a known infected the only person on the bus during a lockdown - with the windows open - infected a bus driver from a distance of 13.5 feet

Old 11-15-2020, 12:32 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,712 posts, read 58,054,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik4me View Post
The same in China: they actually have a video confirmation- a known infected the only person on the bus during a lockdown - with the windows open - infected a bus driver from a distance of 13.5 feet
Did passenger board bus from rear? Possibly, rental car buses are requiring that.
Confined space, aerosal hangs around. What did the driver touch? When? Did driver have to clean the bus?

A S Korean restaurant could be very tight and not ventilated, + server had to come closer than 3 meters (or had extremely long arms). Covid droplets can hang around. Stay off the floors. Hospitals have found floors to harbor a lot of virus

Old 11-15-2020, 08:00 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,758,356 times
This is why my husband and I wear hats when we go out, the droplets can land on my hat. Anything to help me. I go shopping early hours, very few people are out there early. When I go out to eat, I go early too. The crowds are not there yet.

Old 11-15-2020, 08:05 AM

10,609 posts, read 5,647,123 times
Quote:
That explains all the dead people voting.

Old 11-15-2020, 08:09 AM

10,609 posts, read 5,647,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
LOL well, I always told my husband I'd be faithful to him UNLESS one of two men ever wanted to have an affair - Sting or Liam Neeson. Then all bets are off.
Charlize Theron for me.

We saw Sting in concert about a year before the China Virus - we were very near the stage. He hasn't aged a day.

Old 11-15-2020, 11:28 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,700,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaMay View Post
A lot of our Asian background population in Sydney routinely wear masks when they have viruses and have done so for many years. And at this stage the majority of people here still wearing masks are Asian.

We managed to have almost no flu this winter because of Covid restrictions and closed international borders. I have found it so pleasant that I am intending to wear a mask on the train when we get our next flu season. I know it only gives a little protection but better than nothing.

People here are still routinely spacing out when in queues. We are supposed to still be doing it but I think we really have gotten used to having more personal space and enjoy it.
Imagine that, people distancing and wearing masks for the common good instead of screaming about Freedoms Taken Away!

I envy you.

Old 11-15-2020, 05:27 PM

818 posts, read 582,080 times
Quote:

We don't have to be pessimistic; just careful. So, it's flu season. Get your shot, wear your mask and lay low for a bit.

This too shall pass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement