Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2021, 07:58 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,438,347 times

Advertisements

I thought I would do a follow-up post to provide some encouragement to those who have had difficulty obtaining a Covid19 vaccination.

Spouse FINALLY got first vaccination last Thursday & was scheduled for #2 at that time.

The problem where I live has been the slow, backward, idiot county government bureaucrats...too many bosses giving out wrong information & causing undue confusion & anxiety. In our situation, it would have been better to avoid local government & just let Wal-Mart, Rite-Aid & other national pharmacy chains take care of everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2021, 06:08 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happygrrrl View Post
I thought I would do a follow-up post to provide some encouragement to those who have had difficulty obtaining a Covid19 vaccination.

Spouse FINALLY got first vaccination last Thursday & was scheduled for #2 at that time.

The problem where I live has been the slow, backward, idiot county government bureaucrats...too many bosses giving out wrong information & causing undue confusion & anxiety. In our situation, it would have been better to avoid local government & just let Wal-Mart, Rite-Aid & other national pharmacy chains take care of everything.
Yay!

OK so guess what happened to me, in NE Texas. I signed up to be contacted whenever I became eligible. Having a preexisting condition put me in Group 1B though I am only 59. So I was contacted via email and told to pick a date and time from numerous openings at a local convention center. I went and things went very smoothly. There were a few lines but they moved quickly. I was in and out - including my 15 minutes of post vaccine monitoring - within half an hour. I was happy with it.

At that time, some authority filled out a card for me with the date of the second vaccine (this date or LATER is what was specifically said to me), and they told me to go back online, register a particular number, and that would put me on the list to be contacted again for round 2. So I did all that.

This time there was no contact. No time slots given, no options. Just an announcement on their website and FB page that "anyone who received the first Pfizer shot between such and such dates can show up at the convention center for their second vaccine on such and such dates."

So I mean, I am going this weekend, but I don't expect the smooth operation of the first round. Ugh.

Old 03-03-2021, 10:52 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,957,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
So I mean, I am going this weekend, but I don't expect the smooth operation of the first round. Ugh.

What are their hours of operation? Maybe we can figure out the best time of day to go and minimize your wait.

Old 03-03-2021, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
What are their hours of operation? Maybe we can figure out the best time of day to go and minimize your wait.
LOL yeah, they haven't posted that. Freaking idiots!

Old 03-04-2021, 06:02 AM

9,453 posts, read 5,212,640 times
Would like to go on a retail therapy shopping trip somewhere.
West coast to see my sisters.
Get away on the coast of ME (I live in the NE).

I've been doing most everything else regularly since the pandemic began, but we don't have great shopping here, so I need to make it a destination trip.

Old 03-04-2021, 10:52 AM

6,594 posts, read 7,087,216 times
Just got my second shot. Felt the injection site earlier than I did on the first. I started feeling tired about an hour later. probably going to bed early tonight.

Old 03-04-2021, 08:13 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,438,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
LOL yeah, they haven't posted that. Freaking idiots!
Sounds like the same freaking idiots in western WA. Even though it’s scheduled, I’m holding my breath about vax #2. I could write a book about this experience, but it’s too Kafkaesque & would make me very anxious.

Good luck to you!

Old 03-05-2021, 02:43 AM

6,594 posts, read 7,087,216 times
Quote:
Sounds like the same freaking idiots in western WA. Even though it’s scheduled, I’m holding my breath about vax #2. I could write a book about this experience, but it’s too Kafkaesque & would make me very anxious.

Good luck to you!
good luck. if it is any consolation the experience is being felt across the country. it is all supply and demand. pretty soon and this will happen in months there will be too much vaccine here. It will actually be harder to find people to jab them. hang in there we are almost to the end of this period. By the way where are you going to travel first?

We will be staying home for the summer because we are going to continue our home projects but we are planning a November - February trip to S Korea to visit family. Maybe visit others in Laos.

Old 03-05-2021, 06:33 AM

Quote:

Good luck to you!
Thank you.

Finally, LAST NIGHT, I got an email "invitation" with time slots and days for tomorrow and the next day - Friday and Saturday. I chose Saturday early in the morning. I have cleared my schedule in case I feel a bit poorly.

I got some sort of vaguely snarky message on their social media page (where along with many other people, I had posted "HEY, WHAT TIME?" and that sort of thing). Someone from the entity said "Hey, we're not perfect." No, but honestly, just do whatever it was you did the first time - it worked. They're supposedly the professionals after all. Then they tried to blame the winter storm on their apparent inability to POST TIMES. I mean, they posted this long post about where and what vaccines would be available to who - but didn't post TIMES? Come on, man. I wasn't born yesterday.

Old 03-05-2021, 06:48 AM

7,899 posts, read 7,110,590 times
I have mentioned on a couple of threads that the NY program has been miserable. Finally I got my first Pfizer shot yesterday and can think ahead to living without constant precautions. BTW, the NYS program still is very poor but finally there are enough vaccines available so pharmacies and other providers are making a difference. Two weeks again it was almost impossible to make an appointment. Now I have 2 or 3 choices where I could with some persistence arrange vaccination within a week or so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement