Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2021, 11:54 AM

6,296 posts, read 4,194,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorges View Post
A beer & cheese tasting at our home prepared by our daughter. She had as much fun organizing it as we had tasting it all.
That sounds wonderful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2021, 03:22 PM

3,328 posts, read 2,269,860 times
Having a FOUR-DAY weekend

(older worker here)

Old 12-27-2021, 04:05 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,032,115 times
We were suppose to go to one sons house for Christmas. They had illness in the house and to play it safe we didn't go. They came over bought us gifts and food and we did a driveway Christmas. Was nice and made us feel good. Later we did a zoom with other son and family.

Old 12-27-2021, 04:51 PM

2,587 posts, read 1,594,380 times
A WhatsApp from my granddaughter Francesca.
I’d got her the pyjamas that she’d asked for as a Christmas gift, and labelled them, “To my favourite granddaughter, love Grandpa.”
She sent, “You’re crazy Grandpa, I’m the only granddaughter you have!”

Old 12-27-2021, 05:01 PM

272 posts, read 165,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Francois View Post
A WhatsApp from my granddaughter Francesca.
I’d got her the pyjamas that she’d asked for as a Christmas gift, and labelled them, “To my favourite granddaughter, love Grandpa.”
She sent, “You’re crazy Grandpa, I’m the only granddaughter you have!”
And she said it in English? (Je plaisante, monsieur.)

Beautiful name, Francesca!

Old 12-27-2021, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjs123 View Post
Having a FOUR-DAY weekend

(older worker here)
Y.E.S.

Old 12-27-2021, 05:09 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,978,128 times
While I didn't do many of the traditional things like getting the lights up again, I did get the wreath out on the gate, gave to a good cause, and I am getting cards out to a lot of people who could use it.

Old 12-27-2021, 05:29 PM

4,536 posts, read 3,754,482 times
My Lego winter village has increased in size over the years and went from the round dining room table to an oval with the leaf put in. We usually eat Christmas Eve dinner outside. In the event of rain or cold, Plan B is to eat in the dining room. We’ve done that once in 9 years, so the odds were in my favor.

The weather was too cool to eat outside this year. While we could move the round plywood piece before with the village on top, we found the larger oval size was more unstable than realized and disaster was likely. The dining room was out and I was feeling ridiculous.

Plan C brought our outside teak table inside the foyer between the Christmas tree and our front door. It was cozy and lovely with the lighting. It was so good, it may become a tradition.

Last edited by jean_ji; 12-27-2021 at 06:18 PM..

Old 12-28-2021, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean_ji View Post
My Lego winter village has increased in size over the years and went from the round dining room table to an oval with the leaf put in. We usually eat Christmas Eve dinner outside. In the event of rain or cold, Plan B is to eat in the dining room. We’ve done that once in 9 years, so the odds were in my favor.

The weather was too cool to eat outside this year. While we could move the round plywood piece before with the village on top, we found the larger oval size was more unstable than realized and disaster was likely. The dining room was out and I was feeling ridiculous.

Plan C brought our outside teak table inside the foyer between the Christmas tree and our front door. It was cozy and lovely with the lighting. It was so good, it may become a tradition.
Holy Fee-holies! Your home is gorgeous. I hope you're all still enjoying the season and that you ring in a great 2022!

Old 12-28-2021, 04:41 AM

2,587 posts, read 1,594,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolEverything View Post
And she said it in English? (Je plaisante, monsieur.)

Beautiful name, Francesca!
Tout va bien mon pote, her father, (my younger son) is encouraging her to learn Portuguese, as he often takes his family there, but she’s getting good with her French.
I too like her name, at her Christening I whispered to my ex wife, Francesca’s grandma, ‘Surely they named after me, doncha think?’
She went bananas, “It was always all about you wasn’t it? You vain s.o.b.!”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement