Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2022, 02:27 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,662,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arr430 View Post
In those days, our crushes were on the radio. Dana Wynter rings a bell, from a pic in my sister's Photoplay Magazine.
Even though I already posted, I have to add to this statement. Radio had Gene Autry the singing cowboy. He was the nicest man ever and he would talk and sing and tell stories. His horse was named Champion. I had no problem going to bed at around 7:30 as long as the radio was tuned to Gene Autry's Melody Ranch.

He was handsome and kind and wholesome. I even got to see him in person and he brought his horse right onto the stage! Until lately I never knew how many songs he recorded, that beautiful voice. "Back in the Saddle Again, Out where a friend is a friend..."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2022, 02:28 PM

2,019 posts, read 3,192,447 times
In middle school and high school my brother took care of Virginia Mayo’s yard (1970s) when he worked for a landscaper (Thousand Oaks, CA). He was a straight shooter who never talked about girls but his face would always turn beet red when my mom asked him about her, apparently Virginia took a liking to my brother, inviting him in for lemonade and giving nice gifts for Christmas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_Mayo

Old 01-17-2022, 02:33 PM

10,990 posts, read 6,860,952 times
Wow, smpliving, did you read Virginia Mayo's husband's wikipedia? Very interesting. I like the fact that she converted to Catholicism because of Fulton J. Sheen

Old 01-17-2022, 02:40 PM

8,055 posts, read 7,425,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdriver74 View Post
Haley Mills

Still have it.

Let's Get Together from Parent Trap was my first ever record. I can remember going into the store and buying it with my father.

For those still carrying a torch for Hayley Mills, who is now 75 years young, check out Deadly Strangers (1975) for Hayley in a grown-up R-rated role.

I had to, last time it was on Turner Classic, just for old times' sake, even though it's not a very good movie.

Old 01-17-2022, 02:53 PM

6,883 posts, read 11,239,181 times
Default First crush

Singer (band)
Dennis Tufano of the Buckinghams

We were from Chicago so I followed all the Chicago bands of that time (Cryan' Shames, Bucks, New Colony 6, American Breed and Chicago).

I met Dennis a few times and he is as nice in real life as good looking; still performing so go see these groups if you get a chance!

They are keeping this music alive.

Later crushes:
Barry Gibb
Bruce Springsteen

Movie Star - I think - only saw him in 1 movie
Billy Dee Williams

We all wanted to look like Farrah Fawcett.

Old 01-17-2022, 02:57 PM

2,478 posts, read 1,547,458 times
First major crush I recall having was for Lindsay Wagner. She played Steve Austen’s (Lee Majors) love interest on The Six Million Dollar Man. You never forget your first love. =)

Old 01-17-2022, 02:57 PM

10,990 posts, read 6,860,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
For those still carrying a torch for Hayley Mills, who is now 75 years young, check out Deadly Strangers (1975) for Hayley in a grown-up R-rated role.

I had to, last time it was on Turner Classic, just for old times' sake, even though it's not a very good movie.
Thanks for the tip. I will watch anything with Hayley Mills in it. I wanted to be just like her when I was 12. I saw a YouTube video with her a while back, I think it was Larry King or somebody else.

Old 01-17-2022, 03:01 PM

308 posts, read 211,591 times
I did not read all 11 pages of this thread!...but I feel compelled to reply...

The one who comes to mind immediately without much thought is Jane Fonda...
In December 1968 I turned 13...After seeing a cover article on "Famous Monsters Of Filmland" magazine of the Film "Barbarella";I asked my dad to take me to see it. If I remember it was rated "M",the equivalent of "R" today.

If anybody saw that movie;in the opening scene Fonda is seem floating in -0- gravity as she slowly removes her astronaut gear.ending up topless,though modestly covering herself..but as the movie progresses,she is seen semi-nude,with that reddish/blonde hair...those lips...those eyes...those everything else.

At the risk of providing TMI...I confess to being encouraged by those images of Miss Fonda as
a 13 year old with raging hormones;for her to be my first inspiration for engaging in onanism.
Fonda herself has mentioned in the past that she's had many (now)old men approach her and tell her of their similar to mine experience;and that she considers that to be an accomplishment on her part(Not sure of exact quote). T

To this date I still carry a torch for Miss Fonda. I think she still looks amazing.

Last edited by TNSLPPTSO13; 01-17-2022 at 03:02 PM.. Reason: premature epostulation

Old 01-17-2022, 03:23 PM

130,099 posts, read 12,082,762 times
Mickey Dolenz of the Monkees

Old 01-17-2022, 04:08 PM

352 posts, read 262,683 times
As a teenager it was Mark Farner from Grand Funk Railroad. Had a poster of him right above my bed I stole from my older sister. As a young adult, Michael Landon from Little House on the Prairie!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement